Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

20 minutes ago, Rodders said:

It's abysmal. Clubs should make it clear to agents and their players, that their careers are **** if they refuse. No club will buy them, and they won't be picked or part of the matchday squads. 

didn't gerrard basically say that vaccine status will be a factor in potential transfers in the future? makes sense

13 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

At least for the winter months. Cancelling games like this all piecemeal is just going to lead to massive confusion and accusations of unfairness. 

Its a tough call though understandable but would still have clowns like Pep moaning about it. Probably say his small budget squad and injury crisis is mich worse

No easy answer really.  A football circuit break might work but theres still too many unknown factors. Best to plod on and play the games that can be played.  Its ironic that Australia have far less cases but wont allow anybody to play in the Australian open if they havent been fully vaccinated. Its time we did the same with football. 

• Like 2

Clubs can have bubbles but players and staff go home to wives and kids that do not.

It's impossible to stop unless they all stay at Bodymoor and don't go anywhere than to games and even then there is a risk.

We played with players out and I think other teams should do too within reason.  

Premier League need to make a rule for everyone that says 6 or more players out you can cancel.   There are squads for a reason.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Shambolic that they didn't make 100% clear and waterproof rules about these situations before the season started considering the pandemic has been been ever present for 2 years.

Multi billion £ business and their approach is "nah, it'll be fine"

It was the same when they tried to restart it after the initial Covid outbreak. All this money and ran by clowns 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

So the EFL are claiming 75% of players are either double jabbed, single jabbed or intend to be vaccinated. 25% do not intend to get the vaccine.

I think the claim should be how many are double jabbed, rather then single jabbed and intend too, as basically it's not 75% is it? How many who intend, won't have it or won't get double Jabbed. ridiculous statistics, hardly worth the paper they are written on.

25% unvaccinated and do not intend to have it, is huge, an unacceptable in my view.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

It's abysmal. Clubs should make it clear to agents and their players, that their careers are **** if they refuse. No club will buy them, and they won't be picked or part of the matchday squads. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Agree, they are supposed to be role models yet are being anything but.  UK has something like 90% first jabbed and 85% second jabbed yet the stats above for footballers alone are combined to cover the components so you know it’s not good.

What am I reading here?

Why should players get vaccinated? It's completely up to them if they get vaccinated or not.

Personally I've had the vaccines, but many people don't want them and are entitled to that opinion.

The virus will still spread whether you are vaccinated or unvaccinated

36 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

What am I reading here?

Why should players get vaccinated? It's completely up to them if they get vaccinated or not.

Personally I've had the vaccines, but many people don't want them and are entitled to that opinion.

Oh jeez!

giphy.gif

Edited by nick76

46 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

What am I reading here?

Yes it will spread anyway but then they will be protected from getting very ill so more likely to return  straight after the isolation period. Footballers can not use long covid as an excuse for not performing then. 

Just now, Fox1884 said:

Our bad, sorry guys

Last time we beat the team in the 19th 4-0 the season ended for 3 months 👀

So your saying Newcastle will stay up through an error from hawkeye 😜

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

No easy answer really.  A football circuit break might work but theres still too many unknown factors. Best to plod on and play the games that can be played.  Its ironic that Australia have far less cases but wont allow anybody to play in the Australian open if they havent been fully vaccinated. Its time we did the same with football. 

It's summer in Australia. Covid cases, like the flu, peaks during the winter. Its a double whammy that omicron showed up during the northern hemisphere winter period so alot is working against us here. 

4 hours ago, tinker said:

Just had a quick Google on this and although nothing is in the vaccine it was tested using 'fetal cell lines' which are produced using aborted foetuses. ( Think most vaccines are)

I chose to have mine, felt like shit after the booster mind. .....There is a report from a consultant who has raised questions relating to issues around the heart.

Not sure how reliable this video is so watch with caution.

Heart risk after vaccines, Dr John Campbell

He's one of the more reasoned commentators. A university professor I think and have been following his videos throughout. I think he's quite reliable and is only using sources and putting the information out there.

• Thanks 1

Â