Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

It's madness that International games are still in full flow during a pandemic.

I even think it was a bad idea allowing fans to return. Things doesn't seem safe yet.

Both my Sons and my mate and his Son contracted COVID at the Newcastle game 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Well from the amount of people in the concourses at the games, one case could easily turn to dozens on a matchday.

Yup, I was offered the chance to buy a ST this season and I just want to be nowhere near those concourses this season, happy to let other people be the guinea pigs, because those packed concourses are going to be a breeding ground, I expect shit to properly hit the fan again in winter. God knows what the answer is, but I don't want to put myself in the middle of it.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope they’re all ok mate. 

Fine thanks mate, all the boys were OK, high temperature and a bit of a loss of appetite but put my mate in bed for 4 days last week and he is fit as a fiddle and double jabbed  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Both my Sons and my mate and his Son contracted COVID at the Newcastle game 

That's awful bud.

They really should be thinking about closing the gates. As we all know being vacced don't mean you are immune.

But I guess money is more important for them than morality.

Don't get me wrong. Loved seeing a full roaring Villa Park again but for me it's too early still.

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, I was offered the chance to buy a ST this season and I just want to be nowhere near those concourses this season, happy to let other people be the guinea pigs, because those packed concourses are going to be a breeding ground, I expect shit to properly hit the fan again in winter. God knows what the answer is, but I don't want to put myself in the middle of it.

Went well early on Saturday and straight through to my seat by 1.20 pm and waited a good 10 mins after the game for the place to clear 

I renewed but will probably resell a fair few. I tried to on Saturday morning but the website was no longer allowing it.  If hospitals start struggling again decisions will have to be made on attendances.

I reckon they will start ensuring all fans are double vaccinated too.

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

With the sort of attendances at soccer games in the UK,I would say that anything less than double vacs is silly.

Even double vacs won't make you immune.

IMO they should ban fan attendances till this whole virus is gone.

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Even double vacs won't make you immune.

IMO they should ban fan attendances till this whole virus is gone.

This virus isnt going to go away.its here to stay like whoping cough,Diptheria and the flu.Just have to learn to live with it eg double vaccine

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO the virus will be like the flu or having a cold.Once 80% are double vaccinated it wont spread as fast and stadiums will be full unless some people cant go because they have a cold/flu/Covid 19

Yep, and I think 80% of adults are already double vaccinated.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Given the premier leagues, relatively, low vaccination rate... anyone reckon villa are one of the clubs that are contributing to that figure, or are we like wolves who have 100%?

Not sure but Villa players on international duty were confirmed vaccinated *before Luiz got called up*

• Thanks 1

Â