Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Because of Burnley or their opponents?  That could be our game jeopardised then.

Edit: Ah, it's Watford.

Its likely we wont see much football over christmas. 

Edited by PaulC

This doesnt look clever for football over Xmas. In fact the way it is spreading means that it will be full lockdown i reckon by the end of the week . I just cannot see the government allowing games to go on  . Gutted. Now i just hope that our players are not too affected physically . 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Broadcasters wont be happy so I can see it going back behind closed doors

Games aren't getting postponed cause of covid outbreaks amongst fans though 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Comments like that sends out the wrong message.  Respect life and the NHS Moyes

I think it's certain relegions that don't allow medical procedures , even in.life or death cases. There's also the question on what the vaccines contain and if it fits with the persons relegion/believe.

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We have a fixture list to go through. 

Can't keep postponing games everytime there is a covid outbreak.

If you can field a competitive team you turn up. Simple as that. 

Premier League needs to play hardball here. 

Fully agree forget about peoples health thats irrelevant 

Lindelof should have really manned up the other day when he was choking on the ground 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I'm confused.... I thought the Premier League said no more games would be postponed? And yet Burnley-Watford has been? I must have misunderstood something.

I was also confused but maybe they’re thinking no more games postponed after this round of fixtures. Although I wouldn’t overthink it as it’s an ever changing picture. We’ll be lucky to have any football at all at this rate.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Broadcasters wont be happy so I can see it going back behind closed doors

With the numbers the way they are going it seems very likely to be the case , mind you the darts is on on and that obvs indoors and it’s packed ?

16 hours ago, tinker said:

There's also the question on what the vaccines contain and if it fits with the persons relegion/believe.

There is nothing in the vaccines that any religion has said is against their religion. In fact, every (major) religion have specifically said the vaccine should be taken.

• Thanks 2

Â