Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Remember Amazon have half the games on the 28th, the Premier League are not going to want to compensate them for not playing football. It'll be in the worst behind closed doors. 

Yeah but the issue with these postponements is with the players not the fans.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tinker said:

I think it's certain relegions that don't allow medical procedures , even in.life or death cases. There's also the question on what the vaccines contain and if it fits with the persons relegion/believe.

I think that just sums why religion has components to it that is really bad.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's actually a great way of saying it, without everyone pulling out the race card.

how does race come into the religion point above? sorry, genuine question without getting into the weeds.  I'm missing the connection.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

how does race come into the religion point above? sorry, genuine question without getting into the weeds.  I'm missing the connection.

If people slag religion, most of the time, tpo many think it has to be because of race.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If people slag religion, most of the time, tpo many think it has to be because of race.

Oh ok, I see what you mean.  I meant all religions thus all I'm insulting all races I think 😂 

I'm always good at making new friends.

So the EFL are claiming 75% of players are either double jabbed, single jabbed or intend to be vaccinated. 25% do not intend to get the vaccine.

I think the claim should be how many are double jabbed, rather then single jabbed and intend too, as basically it's not 75% is it? How many who intend, won't have it or won't get double Jabbed. ridiculous statistics, hardly worth the paper they are written on.

25% unvaccinated and do not intend to have it, is huge, an unacceptable in my view.

• Like 2

It's abysmal. Clubs should make it clear to agents and their players, that their careers are **** if they refuse. No club will buy them, and they won't be picked or part of the matchday squads. 

Edited by Rodders

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So the EFL are claiming 75% of players are either double jabbed, single jabbed or intend to be vaccinated. 25% do not intend to get the vaccine.

I think the claim should be how many are double jabbed, rather then single jabbed and intend too, as basically it's not 75% is it? How many who intend, won't have it or won't get double Jabbed. ridiculous statistics, hardly worth the paper they are written on.

25% unvaccinated and do not intend to have it, is huge, an unacceptable in my view.

Agree, they are supposed to be role models yet are being anything but.  UK has something like 90% first jabbed and 85% second jabbed yet the stats above for footballers alone are combined to cover the components so you know it’s not good.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

just realised we have less than 48 hours between the Chelsea and Leeds games - that has real potential to **** us up if we are short players.

People have been banging on about us needing taller players in the transfer thread all winter. They were right all along as it turns out.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I like Thomas Frank’s idea to essentially do a Football circuit breaker - get the club staff in isolation and bubbled, covid free, and continue.

At least for the winter months. Cancelling games like this all piecemeal is just going to lead to massive confusion and accusations of unfairness. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

There is nothing in the vaccines that any religion has said is against their religion. In fact, every (major) religion have specifically said the vaccine should be taken.

Just had a quick Google on this and although nothing is in the vaccine it was tested using 'fetal cell lines' which are produced using aborted foetuses. ( Think most vaccines are)

I chose to have mine, felt like shit after the booster mind. .....There is a report from a consultant who has raised questions relating to issues around the heart.

Not sure how reliable this video is so watch with caution.

Heart risk after vaccines, Dr John Campbell

it's a good idea, but, he obviously don't have the big players who won't agree to this like the Man Us and Chelseas. they will not want to put there party lives on hold, not a chance.

Shocking really how so many players are now getting Covid. I tell you why, they don't give a F****. If it was me or you, I'm sure we would wear masks everywhere and also ask the family to where masks everywhere they go. Many footballers just don't care you know it.

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

some foreign players might have gotten the singe J&J while on international duty

Â