Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont agree. I am not an anti vaxxer but somebody medical history should not be made public

We hear about them catching COVID all the time? Why is this any different? 

10 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

We hear about them catching COVID all the time? Why is this any different? 

It isn't any different, and unless they have received consent to do so by the player, news outlets shouldn't spread the news around.

It's better to be vaccinated, and we should educate about the benefits of it, but "shaming" people for not doing so is childish and poor.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For some reason I think bayern aren't paying him while he's out 

I heard/read that they wanted to reduce his (and others) wages if they miss games due to covid while being unvaccinated. Wasn't it before the courts last week or so to determine whether or not it is legal to do so? It could have a fairly big impact for society as a whole if they manage to get it through. What's stopping all other companies doing it then? I mean a footballer getting his wages held back for a month or so is not going to break him but a supermarket worker is a different story.

Edited by sparrow1988

Other companies kind of can do it, the default setting is work from home, I have to get written permission to go in the office, if I can't work from home then my company has the option to either not pay me or sack me

If you're not vaccinated then you're not allowed in the office until March, you're not allowed pretty anywhere until March, they're hammering people who aren't vaccinated 

At a guess bayern are making the argument that he's not able to do his job 

Just now, Mic09 said:

Can a company stop paying someone for getting COVID even if they were vaccinated? 

If not, why not considering there are a wide variety of factors that add up to weakened immunity? 

No, there's various different government rules as to what you can do and if they could prove that you broke them then maybe yes, for example I'm not 100% sure what it is but there's a limit to how many unvaccinated people you are allowed to meet at any time, at Xmas we were going to see a friend but her and her husband aren't vaccinated, 2 vaccinated people aren't allowed to meet 2 unvaccinated people! 

But not vaccinated, which kimmich wasn't, is facing bully boy tactics, its pretty crazy, compulsory jabs will be here in Feb, the Dutch are going down the route of if you're not vaccinated you have to pay for your own corona healthcare, the Austrians have gone full lockdown for anyone not vaccinated 

At a guess there will be a lot of people watching this with kimmich

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No, there's various different government rules as to what you can do and if they could prove that you broke them then maybe yes, for example I'm not 100% sure what it is but there's a limit to how many unvaccinated people you are allowed to meet at any time, at Xmas we were going to see a friend but her and her husband aren't vaccinated, 2 vaccinated people aren't allowed to meet 2 unvaccinated people! 

But not vaccinated, which kimmich wasn't, is facing bully boy tactics, its pretty crazy, compulsory jabs will be here in Feb, the Dutch are going down the route of if you're not vaccinated you have to pay for your own corona healthcare, the Austrians have gone full lockdown for anyone not vaccinated 

At a guess there will be a lot of people watching this with kimmich

I'm double jabbed and think most people should do it.

But this whole restriction business is really going in a bad direction.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Tis' the season to be messy apparently. Spurs, Manure and us? all having cases in the squad.

Who's come down with it for us? Been busy today so hadn't seen this and don't want to venture into On topic/twitter unless I have to. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Who's come down with it for us? Been busy today so hadn't seen this and don't want to venture into On topic/twitter unless I have to. 

1 player and some training ground staff. Training cancelled today but expected to go ahead tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

Â