Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's done absolutely nothing for us at senior level BUT...

He will be a top player mark my words, he will be starting for Chelsea within 12 months I have no doubt. 

There's a reason the very top clubs were courting him. 

20m is absolutely nothing for the best U20 talent in the country, I think he will go on to be a very good player providing he focuses on his football.

He can get a lot more game time for Chelsea than he can for us because they have so many games where they win with ease or the game is done at HT.

He's a London boy, but if this happens again big questions need to be asked. We want to progress but we can't balance that with giving youth players a chance, that could become a problem.

What a disgrace Carney Cashwuemka is! its all about the money. goes to a club who's terrible at developing young players purely for Money.
Now he will rot in their u21 squad or on loan. what a idiot
He's Never welcome to Villa park again

• Like 1

Had sympathy for him but now don’t care. Horrid career move but club comes first and I’m glad we can reinvest in the quality we have at our academy. Onwards and upwards. Carney get over it we managed to make a big profit too. 

Whether he flops, or becomes a £100m player - that doesn't matter now.

We have a 19 year old who wanted more than the club would pay. He didn't actually make any noise - just didn't sign the contract. His choice.

We got £20m for a player with 2 league starts, and 1 assist. That is the best for this club given the situation, and probably means we can improve the team. 

Chelsea can take a £20m gamble right now (and that's exactly what it is). We can't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Have a PL club ever sold £120m worth of academy talent in just two sales before?

He was from Northampton. that's why they're receiving 5% of the fee #notoneofours #judas

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

What a disgrace Carney Cashwuemka is! its all about the money. goes to a club who's terrible at developing young players purely for Money.
Now he will rot in their u21 squad or on loan. what a idiot
He's Never welcome to Villa park again

Terrible? It's very hard to be good enough to come through a youth set up and into a team that challenges for a title.

Mount, James, Hudson Odoi? Gallagher and Broja will be solid premier league level players too. 

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

He was from Northampton. that's why they're receiving 5% of the fee #notoneofours #judas

He's been with Villa since he was 12, I don't think anyone would suggest he isn't a Villa academy product. 

Edit: referencing the hashtags, grow up. 

Edited by Steero113

Can't help but think that the insistence that he wouldn't sign a contract because he wasn't getting enough first team minutes was a ploy by his agent to get him game time to put him in the shop window for a big money making move. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thug said:

Connor Gallagher signed a new contract at £30k a week after a whole season for West Brom.  England international Reece James is apparently on £58k a week.

Their first choice keeper is on £42k a week if internet sources are to be believed.

He didn’t go there on a free, that’s a decent transfer fee that they paid.

Im not saying that you and @WHY are wrong, I have no idea.

But I would be gobsmacked if it was anywhere near £60k a week.

I would be even more gobsmacked if he wasn’t to be honest. One of the most sought after youngsters in the world who could have left for free in Jan isn’t signing a 6 year deal on £30k mate, that’s half his career. 

Edited by WHY

Â