Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Wow! I didn’t see that coming…

I wonder where he’ll go for his first loan? Loan number 1 of 374… before finally settling at Middlesbrough in 8 years time. 

I’m not really bitter, the £20m is a decent payment for someone not good enough for a regular place in our first team. And it’s not like we haven’t got a raft of young talent coming through. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Can anyone confirm how many games he played for our senior team and how many minutes in those games?

Did he play out on loan anywhere whilst with Villa?  Or just the U19s?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/carney-chukwuemeka/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/659459

21/22 Premier League Premier League Aston Villa 12 - 1 - / - / - 294'
21/22 Premier League 2 Premier League 2 Aston Villa U23 7 2 2 - / - / - 554'
21/22 FA Cup FA Cup Aston Villa - - - - / - / - -
21/22 EFL Trophy EFL Trophy Aston Villa U23 1 - - - / - / - 90'
21/22 EFL Cup EFL Cup Aston Villa 2 - - - / - / - 121'
20/21 FA Youth Cup FA Youth Cup Aston Villa U18 6 7 2 - / - / - 505'
20/21 Premier League Premier League Aston Villa 2 - - - / - / - 18'
20/21 U18 Premier League U18 Premier League Aston Villa U18 1 1 - - / - / - 45'
20/21 Premier League 2 Premier League 2 Aston Villa U23 16 1 2 3 / - / - 1.390'
20/21 EFL Trophy EFL Trophy Aston Villa U23 2 - 1 - / - / - 180'
19/20 Premier League 2 Premier League 2 Aston Villa U23 3 - - - / - / - 126'
19/20 U18 Premier League U18 Premier League Aston Villa U18 14 2 6 - / - / - 1.036'
19/20 FA Youth Cup FA Youth Cup Aston Villa U18 2 - - - / - / - 210'
19/20 EFL Trophy EFL Trophy Aston Villa U23 - - - - / - / - -
18/19 U18 Premier League U18 Premier League Aston Villa U18 3 - - - / - / - 41'

• Thanks 1

Villa fans:  We need to send Carney out on loan, get him some proper game time.

Also Villa fans:  LOL!  Great move going to Chelsea.  Enjoy all your loan time!  lololol career nose dive

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Who's his manager can't be that important to him cos in 6 months it won't be tuchel... 

Makes sense.

Perhaps Chelsea are going to come in for Stevie G 😂

• Haha 1

Chelsea have agreed to pay £20million to sign Aston Villa teenager Carney Chukwuemeka, who was a star of England Under-19s’ European Championship success this summer.
Chukwuemeka turned down an offer to become the highest-paid teenager in the country by Villa, effectively forcing the Midlands club to accept Chelsea’s offer.

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

With football finances he's comfortably worth £20m, its not about what he's done it's about what he could do, he's the best 18 year old in the country, he will be worth more than that within a couple of years like I said even if he doesn't play that much for them he'll still play England u21s and grow in value 

If he had time on his contract left we could name any price we want 

When the dust settles on this and we still all no doubt think he's a dick we'll still have the reality that we've lost a potentially top top player 

We took him aged 12 and developed him. At 17 we signed him on a 3 year deal which incidently took an age as he was exploring his options. Then at 18 we put a good contract in front of him to tie him down and they never signed. In fact it was announcedhe wouldnt be signing by his representation. . Gerrard then tried to show him a pathway but learning off one of if not the attacking midfielder of his generation wasnt to his liking. So we decided to cut our non losses and put him up for sale for 20 million which Chelsea have paid.

Yes of course we are losing a player with huge potential but its not something that we could do anything about. 

Enjoy the fact we have Jacob and Aaron Ramsey  , Iroegbunam  Kesler and Archer  who are coming through our academy that are Villa fans and that have all signed long term deals. These are the players that we have been able to do something about. That are loyal and have been rewarded.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, a-k said:

Gotta love grown med getting mad at an 18 year old 😂

Look in the Grealish thread too 

Not sure why the vitriol is always aimed at the players when in reality this is what football and the PL is, it's **** shit but that's what it is, at a time when we're all buzzing about our club and excited about where we're going and happy with our owners we've been absolutely powerless to stop the 2 best youth talents to come through our academy in 20 to 30 years from joining a sky 6 team 

• Like 1

I honestly couldn't give less of a shit.

I'd have been more gutted to see Sanson go, as he has more to offer.

Good luck to the kid, I've compared him to Osiah Osbourne in the past, I hope he proves me wrong.

I trust our management that this is the best deal for us.

• Haha 1

Â