Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

44 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

EDIT: who was the guy who was clearly miles older than his stated age, it was fairly recent?

Pure speculation of course. 

Obafemi Martins! 

"And lo, an Angel of the Lord appeared before him and said: 'Dares ya Connie, get it signed ya forken blairt.' And so did he sign and didst not go unto dat dare bombsquad."

Divvies 3; 34-38.

Everyone is really saying it comes down to game time and money. What I struggle with most is that he is surely couldn't find a more favourable environment to develop. Whether that be learning from SG or GM. Or be surrounded by the likes of Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey, Traore, McGinn, Ramsey etc. It just feels like he should be learning so much from them and it should be what helps him to the next level. 

I will also never understand the vitriol towards him on this thread. He is still a Villa player. Its his right to keep his options open. Until that changes everyone should be behind him hoping he signs a new contract. If he leaves and your mentality is that you want to give him abuse do it then. Just ridiculous the hate towards him when nothing has been decided yet. The abuse on here will hardly make him want to stay. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

No thanks, his brother is a good player and a good asset. Releasing Caleb just because of Carney leaving really would reflect badly on the academy and make other youngsters think twice before joining us.

You’re missing one obvious positive though. It’d be funny

Edited by Rob182
  • Haha 4

I was thinking it would be funny if Carney left, and Caleb went on to be the better player, although not in a spiteful funny ha ha way, more a funny the way things turn out way.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I was thinking it would be funny if Carney left, and Caleb went on to be the better player, although not in a spiteful funny ha ha way, more a funny the way things turn out way.

Well based on seeing him live on Saturday there is absolutely no chance of that. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I hope we immediately release his brother when he leaves. 

You're too kind. I would send him out on loan to a team in the Antarctica 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Parents would pull the same thing again. In fact I'm fairly sure they did to get him the move to us

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

EDIT: who was the guy who was clearly miles older than his stated age, it was fairly recent?

Pure speculation of course. 

Not who you are thinking of as Roger never lied about his age, but what a legend.

110b.gif&f=1&nofb=1
Played till he was 44 as a striker. Still the oldest scorer at a world cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Milla

Â