Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Some lessons available to him today I think.

A couple of times he got into exactly the position you'd like him in and it didn't pay off and a couple of times he let midfielders run away from him on the break when he needs to be busting a lung to cover them.

• Like 3

On 16/12/2021 at 05:22, Spoony said:

The fact he could beat Arsenal with this team is insane. Pretty much any Villa lineup in recent memory could have a fair crack at that team. 

If they were wearing a United jersey we still wouldn't beat them 😞

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If Chuk doesn't want to stay here to further his development alongside the likes of Gerrard and Coutinho, he's absolutely off his tits.

Agree.. but he's also only played in the position under Gerrard that Coutinho has just been signed for and that Bailey was signed for in the summer.

He was already refusing to sign a contract so he can get more game time elsewhere. He's now going to need to unseat Ramsey.

I think we may be in the dark about bad news about him already considering he suddenly hasn't played the past few weeks. Trez getting ahead of him after a year out and immediately leaving for a tournament was a weird one and a bit of a red flag for me. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Agree.. but he's also only played in the position under Gerrard that Coutinho has just been signed for and that Bailey was signed for in the summer.

He was already refusing to sign a contract so he can get more game time elsewhere. He's now going to need to unseat Ramsey.

I think we may be in the dark about bad news about him already considering he suddenly hasn't played the past few weeks. Trez getting ahead of him after a year out and immediately leaving for a tournament was a weird one and a bit of a red flag for me. 

He played the 2 matches prior to the Brentford match. Trez was probably just brought in so that Gerrard could get a good look at him before he jets off.

he isn't ready for a starting role in premier league football yet , if he wants to leave to achieve it then I think he's deluding himself 

his time will come , but this season should just be about getting some game time  and experience  .. similar to how Ramsey was introduced last season 

• Like 1

He hasn't refused to sign a contract, those reports were denied by the most reliable source you can get for academy football, who I'd believe over just about any other news outlet, as they get their information straight from the players. So I think it's unfair to the player to talk about him as if he wants to leave or as if he thinks he's too good for our bench, also he signed a three year contract as soon as he turn seventeen, he's barely a year through that, he has plenty of time to extend it, and can't blame him for waiting to see how things go.

• Like 4

If he has a contract offer on the table. He wasn't getting game time at the time and then we changed head coach. He probably said, I'll wait and see how much I'm going to feature and decide later.

He got on the pitch once in 14 games this season under Smith. He's been on pitch 4 times in last 6 games under Gerrard.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

If he has a contract offer on the table. He wasn't getting game time at the time and then we changed head coach. He probably said, I'll wait and see how much I'm going to feature and decide later.

He got on the pitch once in 14 games this season under Smith. He's been on pitch 4 times in last 6 games under Gerrard.

If he’s getting 15/20 mins per game even after Coutinho’s arrival then at 18 years old he’d be mental to leave. 

We now have the most exciting environment for young midfielders outside of the top 3 clubs in England. Fact. 

Won't be bothered if he goes tbh.

What is he expecting exactly to be a regular starter?

He won't be regularly starting for any club in the prem any time soon and he's deluded if he thinks that.

His minutes will be limited here so a loan out to a championship club would be the best option for him but it sounds like he doesn't want to earn his stripes the hard way and expects to just walk into a starting spot here.

Piss poor attitude imo unlike Davis who has gone to get some much needed minutes under his belt.

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He won't be regularly starting for any club in the prem any time soon and he's deluded if he thinks that.

His minutes will be limited here so a loan out to a championship club would be the best option for him but it sounds like he doesn't want to earn his stripes the hard way and expects to just walk into a starting spot here.

Piss poor attitude imo unlike Davis who has gone to get some much needed minutes under his belt.

I dont believe that he does think that, think we're seeing his agent at work 

Don't believe anything written about him yet and hope he signs the contract, huge potential and we have to keep him 

• Like 1

Yeah I don’t believe that he’s got a bad attitude and is demanding game time. Of course everyone has to earn the right to play, and he’s no different. I’m sure he can see the opportunity to develop at Villa, I mean look how far he has already come. Hopefully it’s just his agent trying to get the maximum money for him. 

To change the subject slightly, how does he pronounce his surname? 

Like most people, I've been saying 'Chuck-wuh-MAY-kuh', but I recently heard a commentator say 'Chuck-WEMMEH-kuh', which I must admit sounds more likely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

i think you're reading too much into stuff. 

He has 18 months on his current deal... there is no rush to sign, he probably wants to see how the next 6 months go. He could sign a more lucrative deal tomorrow but by waiting he's showing that he's not motivated by money. 

He's different in a way to Ramsey, Archer or Barry in that he's not a local lad and probably not a boyhood Villa fan (same as JPB) so he's probably a little more objective about things.

Just IMO

Â