Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

15 minutes ago, astondalston said:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020/sep/09/regulators-investigate-elite-london-law-firm-mishcon-de-reya

One of the UK’s most prestigious law firms is being investigated by regulators who have spent at least two years examining it, sending investigators into its central London offices.

The Guardian has established that the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is conducting a complex investigation into Mishcon de Reya, involving forensic and anti-money laundering investigators....

...One of the reports is understood to have related to an HM Revenue and Customs investigation into transfers of Premier League football players, while the second detailed allegations about the firm’s work for clients connected to an elaborate €100m (£89m) fraud.

I wonder how much impact this has had on the summers action so far?

Haha I’ve got friends that work there. I’d be amazed if they were actually caught up in any wrongdoing. They're a very legit outfit. In any event, I can’t imagine the SRA sniffing about one firm would have much of an impact. Loads of firms are involved in football transfers. My understanding (maybe I’m wrong) is actually that most teams have in house legal counsel who deal with the bulk of this stuff. 

8 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Rashica news, I would post in the Rashica thread but we've been banned from talking in it 😜

https://www.deichstube.de/news/werder-bremen-milot-rashica-transfer-aston-villa-wechsel-rb-leipzig-geruecht-ausland-bundesliga-zr-13810822.html

home alone yes GIF by Sky

that’s a 200 page post right there

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Going with that criteria it takes it down to 4 players in the Juventus team.

Ronaldo, Ramsey, Higűain, Szczęsny.

Ronaldo - Done it all, wow! but I doubt it he will be coming here.

Ramsey - It would shock me if we do sign him as his career in England wasn't much and Juve signed him in a free a year ago on a crazy wage. No thanks!

Higuain - Too old and on the verge of possibly joining Inter Miami.

Szczęsny - I think he meets the criteria above the most and we're looking for a goalkeeper. Would be not a bad signing.

Outside of these and going against the run of play, If I had a £1 to pick another player from Juventus I would take a punt on Federico Bernardeschi.

How do Szczesny, Higauin or Ronaldo fit the "box to box" type number 8 role? 

As for Ramsey, I think the "bean there and done it" mantra doesn't fit him as he's pretty much won fook all in the game. 

I'm thinking it is a player that plays centre midfield and won something big in the game such as league titles and either a club European title or something at international level. Khedira certainly fits that profile. 

25 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Haha I’ve got friends that work there. I’d be amazed if they were actually caught up in any wrongdoing. They're a very legit outfit. In any event, I can’t imagine the SRA sniffing about one firm would have much of an impact. Loads of firms are involved in football transfers. My understanding (maybe I’m wrong) is actually that most teams have in house legal counsel who deal with the bulk of this stuff. 

I wonder if they represent anyone linked to wolves? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

How do Szczesny, Higauin or Ronaldo fit the "box to box" type number 8 role? 

How would any of those champions League players fit into a relegation candidate considering they play at one of the best clubs in the world and each of them is on 100k+? And most European clubs would have them walk into starting 11s?

I think that's the question we need addressing first.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Injuries for one (both actual history and those occasions when he's simply decided he doesn't fancy it or wants a move away), for the likely money he'd cost he's been bang average for a good few years now and that's whilst playing alongside some of the best players in the league.  His best run of form in the season before he got his big move came from roaming the spaces that Grealish occupies for us now.  I'm not necessarily averse to Juventus' cast-offs and certainly won't presume that some of them wouldn't be plenty good enough for where we are now, but not Bernadeschi, not for me. I think we could do better for the money in both ability and certainly attitude. 

Could stomach a loan-with-an-option-to-buy maybe, so our arse is covered either way. 

Loan with an option would be perfect, highly unlikely he'd want to come though I bet he ends up at Milan. He was great for Fiorentina but didn't seem to fit into the Juve culture and he won't be the last player for that to happen. 

36 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

1005 pages for last season's summer transfer window. I think it's safe to assume that target will be destroyed this year with us at 984 already. Plus the pages and pages on Rashica. Well done, everyone.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

How many deer based puns did last year's thread have though?

21 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Rashica news, I would post in the Rashica thread but we've been banned from talking in it 😜

https://www.deichstube.de/news/werder-bremen-milot-rashica-transfer-aston-villa-wechsel-rb-leipzig-geruecht-ausland-bundesliga-zr-13810822.html

I would say your link is enough to reopen it...

According to information from the DeichStube , the English first division club Aston Villa is once again hoping to sign Milot Rashica.

"Foreign clubs have taken up the trail of Milot Rashica".

Which these are is unclear. Aston Villa is rumored to be interested.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Even his face annoys me now. Lol

Until @AvfcRigo82 gives me some sort of cryptic Xia type clue about completion I don't want to see it.