Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

You said 

Doesn't that indicate experience? A Cambiasso type signing

I’m wrong but Inter’s Christen Eriksen whose no longer wanted by Inter could be an 8 depending on your definition of what 8 is.  Too much money but fits everything else except being out of our league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

You said 

Doesn't that indicate experience? A Cambiasso type signing

Dunno mate, is he potentially a jaw dropping signing? Need a few people to have a listen to the podcast and see what they think*

*trigger warning, he also said Jack is still open to a move if a top club comes in with a big offer. I just ignored that. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m wrong but Inter’s Christen Eriksen whose no longer wanted by Inter could be an 8 depending on your definition of what 8 is.  Too much money but fits everything else except being out of our league.

He’s on the market for £35m so would be a club record. Wages would  probably sting though.. 

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

I just think it will be someone in their twilight. Here for a year. Bit like Reina. I haven't listened to the podcast myself. However, it's something I've thought we might be in for, with Shakespeare on the management team also. Top level experience of winning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

He’s on the market for £35m so would be a club record. Wages would  probably sting though.. 

A number 8, whose been there is going to cost though but yeah I think this is too much given the type of players we have been getting in.

Depending on where Grealish is supposed to play we need a CM or a LW. We obviously also need a RW. I'd argue we need a striker and CB as well. Perhaps even a GK, but I don't know the extent of Heaton's injury. 

The CB is debatable. I rate Konsa and I rate Mings. But I really don't want Smith to enter this naive "our plan is to outscore our opponents" without thinking defensive reinforcements. We have to build quality from the back as well. 

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Dunno mate, is he potentially a jaw dropping signing? Need a few people to have a listen to the podcast and see what they think*

*trigger warning, he also said Jack is still open to a move if a top club comes in with a big offer. I just ignored that. 

As will I.

the lord of the rings no GIF

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Awol said:

Did the same before I posted. Looked at Italy, Germany, Spain, France & Holland. The only one that fits and has *drum roll* premier league experience is Ramsey. He said No.8 about 5 times so I think he’s heard something from a source. 

Could be total nonsense of course, but it would be quite a signing. 

"" Ramsey signed a four-year contract with Juventus, which officially took effect on 1 July 2019. He would receive £400,000 a week making him the highest-earning British player ever based on basic salary "

Can't see it with those wages

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

"" Ramsey signed a four-year contract with Juventus, which officially took effect on 1 July 2019. He would receive £400,000 a week making him the highest-earning British player ever based on basic salary "

Can't see it with those wages

Yeah I'm racking my brain to try and figure out who this could be, but it won't be someone like Ramsey or Erikson as it'd blow our wage structure to smithereens.

• Like 1

Just think there's no way we are looking for a number 8.

Need a CDM, need a right winger, need a GK. Arguably need a centre back too. Breaking our transfer record on a number 8? Not happening.  Will eat my cactus if it does. 

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

That's not true - the players listed were Harry Kane, Jadon Sancho, Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips.  Bit of an embarrassing tweet IMO given the comparisons between 2 holding mids and a striker.

Would've been better/more relevant if it just said "in 14 mins, Grealish has created more chances than Sancho". 

I don’t like the sound of it, let Sancho be better till the window closes. 😁

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Listened to the new 1874 podcast and (source aside) Gregg Evans said in terms that we’re after a new No.8 currently playing in Europe who’s been there and done it, and who will shock the fans if we land him. 

Putting that together with the mystery visit to Brum of Juve’s Sporting Director a few weeks ago.. I reckon we might be in for another Aaron Ramsey. 

Aaron Ramsey would be class but his wages would be out of reach