Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

40 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Despite the Baggies being an inbred load of garbage, surely the fact he was on loan for a season and knows the players and management would mean he would be more likely to want to go back. Unless we offer to pay him more.

Exactly, Unless we offer to pay him more. which we could.

The villa yet again going for young and hungry prospects brilliant if you want to make a profit but if they think last season wasnt a stroke of luck this season we will reap what we sow very unlikely we will get away with it again.

Smith saying dosnt want a repeat of luiz situation pretty much leans towards british based players. 14 day quarentine for most european league players who could come in.

Id stick a cheeky bid for ings id pay 40mil aswell hes the type we need someone who can score goals in premiership.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

All we have is press links which is rubbish I know.

It seems we have come in last minute for Dianganas after West Brom we’re closing on the deal.  We were previously in for Rashica and Benrhama but now onto Dianganas, what happened to Benrhama? Just curious

Nice  one Nick mate. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

All we have is press links which is rubbish I know.

It seems we have come in last minute for Dianganas after West Brom we’re closing on the deal.  We were previously in for Rashica and Benrhama but now onto Dianganas, what happened to Benrhama? Just curious

I would guess Brentford are quoting us £30m and we don't think it is worth it for a 25 year old who has never played in the top flight (as much as I would like him).

1 minute ago, MJ_1874 said:

I would guess Brentford are quoting us £30m and we don't think it is worth it for a 25 year old who has never played in the top flight (as much as I would like him).

If they want £28m for Watkins (reportedly), then lord knows what they'll be asking for Benrahma. We may just be playing the long game with Brentford after the whole Maupay nonsense last summer.

3 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

But £28m for Watkins who is 4 months younger is?

I'm honestly more desperate for a quality wide player. Obviously we also need a quality striker.

4 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

I don’t know this Dianganas player apart from YouTube clips.  Just concerns me that ‘links’ had us after Aarons, then Trippier and then we got Cash.  

Now we were after Rashica, then Benrhama and now Dianganas.....we seem to be not getting our first or second targets.  

I can only go by media links but the steps down in quality from each step seems to make sense....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

But £28m for Watkins who is 4 months younger is?

I'm honestly more desperate for a quality wide player. Obviously we also need a quality striker.

Latest I heard is we are going to £22m plus add ons.

The thing with Watkins though is he can play very well across the entire front line.  So you get more flexibility and value.  Benrahma can really only play LW.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think I like the idea of us signing Rico Henry more than Watkins and Benrahma at this point. God knows Targett is a walking injury. 

100%. (Maybe not the Watkins part).

Id love Henry the other side to Cash. Two genuinely pacy, athletic marauding fullbacks/wing backs. 

I don’t know what it is, I just don’t rate Targett that much. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

You don;t know nothing about me @Sam-AVFC?

Yeah. i beat cancer at 8 year old.. one year in hospital in London

stroke 39 years old few days before my 40th birthday.

Again  you know nothing about me.

I know you have great football knowledge, I knew about the stroke and I didn't know you beat cancer as a kid.

It's not really relevant though, I don't think the guy was trying to insult you by saying what he did and wasn't looking for an argument. Incidentally, neither am I.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I don’t know this Dianganas player apart from YouTube clips.  Just concerns me that ‘links’ had us after Aarons, then Trippier and then we got Cash.  

Now we were after Rashica, then Benrhama and now Dianganas.....we seem to be not getting our first or second targets.  

I can only go by media links but the steps down in quality from each step seems to make sense....

Take the links with a pinch of salt mate. The Trippier link was quashed the day after anyway with reports that we hadn't even made contact with Madrid. Aarons was all paper talk. Rashica, again it was in the papers but I don't think there has been any solid info saying we've put a bid in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Same, never heard of him but he does look good.  Better goal contribution per minute than Benrahma and three years younger.

I still think we will get another wide player in maybe Rashica if no one else comes in for him or Buendia.

Edited by MJ_1874

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think I like the idea of us signing Rico Henry more than Watkins and Benrahma at this point. God knows Targett is a walking injury. 

Would defo sign henry to compete with targett if henry is available for the reported 7-10m.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

...you know nothing about me.

I know you’ve stopped doing requests! 

In fact, if you [@Villan4Life] were picking for us and we wanted 4 new 1st team players for approx £100m, LW, RW, ST and CM in this window, who would your first choices be from what's realistically available?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

100%. (Maybe not the Watkins part).

Id love Henry the other side to Cash. Two genuinely pacy, athletic marauding fullbacks/wing backs. 

I don’t know what it is, I just don’t rate Targett that much. 

I don't mind Targett, but if I were to pick out something I feel the second a player kicks the ball past him, he takes a week to recover ground. I don't know what it is. Turn of pace or whatever it's called. 

But tbh it's more I thing where I think Taylor is a total liability.