Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

If we stay up I would like us to go for Aaron Hickey from Hearts. 18yr old attacking left back who is good with both feet and would provide decent competition for Targett and could well be better than him in a season or two and his value would massively increase.

He has been linked with a lot of big clubs and I think we could get him as he is likely to play a lot more football here, and McGinn could have a word in his ear!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

If we stay up I would like us to go for Aaron Hickey from Hearts. 18yr old attacking left back who is good with both feet and would provide decent competition for Targett and could well be better than him in a season or two and his value would massively increase.

He has been linked with a lot of big clubs and I think we could get him as he is likely to play a lot more football here, and McGinn could have a word in his ear!

Agreed  :) My post from October 2019.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

Greg Taylor is someone I've followed a few years and really like. Saw him play in a Toulon game for Scotland v Brazil and he was excellent and think he scored the winning goal. Also been good for Kilmarnock in last few seasons. Moved to Celtic but hasn't broken through yet into their 11 reguarly. Given Neil Taylor has only 1 year left on his deal now I reckon they'd be up for a swop and we'd get a younger and more interesting Taylor option at LB.

Not sure what's in the water with left backs up in Scotland, Robertson, Tierney, Taylor and this Hickey guy. They hardly have any decent options at right back.

If United don't sell pogba and sign another midfielder I'd like us to go after mctominay. He is big which we need bit he is also good with the ball at his feet and he wins lots of fouls as well. He is also apparently only on 10k a week so his contract is affordable. He is a solid defensive player who could still improve a lot.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If United don't sell pogba and sign another midfielder I'd like us to go after mctominay. He is big which we need bit he is also good with the ball at his feet and he wins lots of fouls as well. He is also apparently only on 10k a week so his contract is affordable. He is a solid defensive player who could still improve a lot.

Such a good shout but he wouldn't come to us right now. Under rated player for sure!

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Such a good shout but he wouldn't come to us right now. Under rated player for sure!

If they don't sell pogba and get another midfielder it is unlikely he will get much game time. Ole seems to prefer Fred to mctominay and they can't play pogba, Fred, Fernandes and Mctominay at the same time. They also have matic, mata and pereira. It is likely they will look to offload one or 2 of them so mctominay may be up for grabs.

If we can guarantee him game time he might come to us if he thinks he will o ly get 20-30 minutes a game. 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If they don't sell pogba and get another midfielder it is unlikely he will get much game time. Ole seems to prefer Fred to mctominay and they can't play pogba, Fred, Fernandes and Mctominay at the same time. They also have matic, mata and pereira. It is likely they will look to offload one or 2 of them so mctominay may be up for grabs.

If we can guarantee him game time he might come to us if he thinks he will o ly get 20-30 minutes a game. 

Part of a swap deal for Jack maybe? 

19 minutes ago, sne said:

McTominay started all but 2 games for Manure up until he got that knee injury, no way is he someone they will let go.

Tbf that is because pogba has been out as well. I think the last 10 games will be a better indication of his value to their team. But I suspect he will be 4th choice. 

28 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Part of a swap deal for Jack maybe? 

Would be a decent consolation prize if they are unwilling to stump up 100 million if we stay up. 60-70 plus mctominay would be a decent deal in my mind. Especially if we keep mcginn. 

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This is the typical tactic of Chelsea signing players to stop rivals doing so. It's all just speculation anyway.

Thats why Tammy never returmed, they consider us rivals 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf that is because pogba has been out as well. I think the last 10 games will be a better indication of his value to their team. But I suspect he will be 4th choice. 

Yeah his numbers are likely been higher than they would have been if Pogba been fit but he did start in all of the games before Pogba got injured as well.

Think Solskjaer very much rates him and since he is a low (for them) wages academy product even more so. He's been almost an ever present in the team since the second part of last season carrying on to this apart from when he's been injured.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John said:

Like Axel they will keep McTominay, if not to play him, to have him warm their bench!. :rolleyes:

Like we do with Conor Hourihane, Ahmed Elmohamady at the crew? I’d be annoyed at Smith if I was one of them

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Like we do with Conor Hourihane, Ahmed Elmohamady at the crew? I’d be annoyed at Smith if I was one of them

Hourihane has played 18 PL games this season. Tuanzebe 5.

I think the point in their careers is relevant too as Tuanzebe needs to be playing all the time to develop. 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Hourihane has played 18 PL games this season. Tuanzebe 5.

I think the point in their careers is relevant too as Tuanzebe needs to be playing all the time to develop. 

I understand where you’re coming from but Hourihane was a key player for us last season. I just don’t think Hourihane is a Premier League quality player, you can never fault him for a lack of effort though. Tuanzebe is an excellent centre back, definitely Premier League quality, he’s not getting games at Manchester United though, we could be in for him

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I understand where you’re coming from but Hourihane was a key player for us last season. I just don’t think Hourihane is a Premier League quality player, you can never fault him for a lack of effort though. Tuanzebe is an excellent centre back, definitely Premier League quality, he’s not getting games at Manchester United though, we could be in for him

I think hourihane will get more use in the remaining games with 5 subs I wouldn't be surprised to see both him and lansbury make appearances in the same game. Especially if we are back to 3 in the middle.