Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I think hourihane will get more use in the remaining games with 5 subs I wouldn't be surprised to see both him and lansbury make appearances in the same game. Especially if we are back to 3 in the middle. 

Personally, I don’t think either Hourihane or Lansbury are Premier League quality players, do you agree MotoMkali?

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Personally, I don’t think either Hourihane or Lansbury are Premier League quality players, do you agree MotoMkali?

I think they are borderline. They have the skill I think they just don't have the athleticism to make use of it properly in the prem. Which is why I think they would be alright off the bench because towards the ends of games the pace slows down so they won't be as badly disadvantaged. Apparently hourihane was much more adventurous with the ball at his feet when he played for Barnsley it I shame he doesn't do it for us as we could really use another midfielder who can carry the ball. 

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think they're not that good Championship players.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think they are borderline. They have the skill I think they just don't have the athleticism to make use of it properly in the prem. Which is why I think they would be alright off the bench because towards the ends of games the pace slows down so they won't be as badly disadvantaged. Apparently hourihane was much more adventurous with the ball at his feet when he played for Barnsley it I shame he doesn't do it for us as we could really use another midfielder who can carry the ball. 

I think that Jacob Ramsey can carry the ball, do you agree MotoMkali?

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If that’s the case, they shouldn’t be on our bench then 

If that's the criteria we'll have a lot of empty seats on the bench!

• Haha 1

I was in the midst of composing a post for the El Ghazi thread the other day I was making the point that a lot of championship wingers who looked like world beaters in that division went on to struggle in the premier league, examples being Adama initially, Helder Costa and Cavaleiro, Knockaert, and Sessegnon. Which brought my mind to Benrahma, and made me wonder if even we stayed up should we be spending the money it would take to buy him over buying someone who has proven that they can perform at an higher level, it's easy imagine that Saïd would have no trouble in top flight, but then so was it easy to imagine about those others mentioned. For a team like Chelsea it's easier for them to take the risk, but if we're to spend the kind of money it would take to buy him [Thirty million] then we have to be more sure.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf that is because pogba has been out as well. I think the last 10 games will be a better indication of his value to their team. But I suspect he will be 4th choice. 

He was regularly starting in the run in at end of last season when Pogba was fit (and indeed at start of the season).

I actually though Matic would be a good pick up in January but since then he's re-established himself in the Man. United team and if available would likely have Europa league teams after him.

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

This is the typical tactic of Chelsea signing players to stop rivals doing so. It's all just speculation anyway.

Don't really see how he'll fit in there given they have signed Zyiech for next season and likes of Pulisic and Hudson Odoi have looked decent in spells. Guess they're unloading Willian and Pedro but they've still got plenty of options out wide.

Perhaps they see a bit of Hazard in him but he'll just be warming the bench if he moves there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He was regularly starting in the run in at end of last season when Pogba was fit (and indeed at start of the season).

I actually though Matic would be a good pick up in January but since then he's re-established himself in the Man. United team and if available would likely have Europa league teams after him.

Yeah but they also signed Fernandes so pogba will take mctominay's role. 

40 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah but they also signed Fernandes so pogba will take mctominay's role. 

They play 4-3-3 so it will be McT-Pogba-Fernandes although Fred has been playing better in last few months. At the start of the season it was McTominay-Pogba central with seemingly Lingard in the number 10 role which gives you an idea of why Man. United were barely winning a game for the first few months, they've massively upgraded in that position.

McTominay started their first 12 league games of the season until he picked up an injury in November that kept him out for a while. He's certainly an OGS favourite. Infact he missed the 2-2 v us but was then straight back in to start when they won 2-1 v Spurs three days later.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple of frees I think we should look at. Baba Rahman is on a free from Chelsea and  could be good LB cover cover. Malang Sarr 21 YO  left footed CB at Nice also available on a free as is Walter Benitez again from Nice.

Think it will be a transfer window of wheeling and dealing with clubs having to be more creative in their transfers and perhaps with more swops taking place. 

Mentioned him before but Jonathan Tah has barely played a game for Leverkusen since their season restarted. Even when they switched to three at the back he was behind Dragovic in pecking order who didn't play much at Leicester a few years ago.

Despite all that he was highly rated a few years ago and seen as Germany's next big hope in defence. Would certainly give us a big presence alongs Mings which we need.

• Like 1

2 lists.

Stay up budget £80

Buendia £28m

Billing £22m

Duffy £12m

Mitrovic £30m + few loans (preferably guys with speed)

Out.

Steer £4m

Trez £8m

Jota £2m

Hogan £5m

Going down budget -£140m

Hector £12m

Bogle £13m

Dack £16m + loans

Out 

Grealish £70m

McGinn £45m

Mings £35m

Luiz £20

El Ghazi £9m

8 hours ago, Boumasbabies said:

2 lists.

Stay up budget £80

Buendia £28m

Billing £22m

Duffy £12m

Mitrovic £30m + few loans (preferably guys with speed)

Out.

Steer £4m

Trez £8m

Jota £2m

Hogan £5m

Going down budget -£140m

Hector £12m

Bogle £13m

Dack £16m + loans

Out 

Grealish £70m

McGinn £45m

Mings £35m

Luiz £20

El Ghazi £9m

Unlikely we get mitrovic. But depending on who else Chelsea sign we could be in for Tammy (although a bit of wishful thinking). We need a big strong dm with a physical presence who not only gives us a bit of physicality in the middle helps us in set pieces. As it is we have mings and Engles who can defend from corners (with wesley out) samatta needs to attack the ball so it is hard for him. El ghazi isn't a good enough marker. So we rely on mcginn marking their biggest aerial threat. 

Also why steer out for 4 million he is probably worth as much as Heaton (even with his injuries) as he is 4 years younger so the team that signs him could have a veyy good keeper for a while. Or we could keep him as a backup. 

Edited by MotoMkali