Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Although taking a cynical look at things a lot of championship clubs are going to be struggling for money, so some of them might have to sell off some of their better players, might be an opportunity to pick up a few bargains. Especially if we're in that division ourselves next season. Think Derby owner has plenty of money though, so with FFP supposedly being lifted for a season they should be okay.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Although taking a cynical look at things a lot of championship clubs are going to be struggling for money, so some of them might have to sell off some of their better players, might be an opportunity to pick up a few bargains. Especially if we're in that division ourselves next season. Think Derby owner has plenty of money though, so with FFP supposedly being lifted for a season they should be okay.

I'd take Matty Cash in a heartbeat but no silly money. Out wide we are weak and recruited terribly so needs to be looked at. If it's a case of we went down we would have to cut our cloth accordingly, Jota would be decent for us if we got relegated. None of this 15 million pound nonsense for Benrahma or Watkins. 

To be honest if we go down and want to come straight back up I think we need much better than Matty Cash. Also have to bear in mind they if we do manage to come straight back up we don't want to have rebuild the whole team again, so will need to be signing players that aren't just good enough to maybe get us promoted but also good enough for the premier league as well.

Edit: I meant better than Cash as wide option, he's been playing right-back this season, and apparently been much improved, so might be worth considering for that position. Also didn't realise he was only 22, thought he was in his late twenties for some reason.

Edited by useless

11 minutes ago, useless said:

To be honest if we go down and want to come straight back up I think we need much better than Matty Cash. Also have to bear in mind they if we do manage to come straight back up we don't want to have rebuild the whole team again, so will need to be signing players that aren't just good enough to maybe get us promoted but also good enough for the premier league as well.

I think Matty Cash perfectly fits that profile. 6ft. Tidy with the ball. Guilbert is shocking, blowing out his arse after 20 minutes. Cash has massive scope for improvement. Decent talent as it is. I agree with your other point but i actually think we'd be able to retain a large portion of the current squad and get promoted. Engels, Konsa, Targett, Samatta - yes. McGinn, Grealish - No. Jacob Ramsey could be part of match day squads for sure. 

Edited by Johnnyp

I've watched Forest a few times this season and have to say I was impressed with Cash playing as a right-back, much better than last season whenever I saw him playing as a winger, so I think that will be his position from now on, so if we were to buy him I think it would be as full-back rather than a winger.

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

We desperately need pace. Is Matty Cash quick?

He is. And a very good football brain. Knows when to stay and go. I swear at times Guilbert has this " i don't give a crap " attitude and just kicks it to anyone. The most unhappy miserable man ive ever seen playing football. I mean the French are sulky but.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I've watched Forest a few times this season and have to say I was impressed with Cash playing as a right-back, much better than last season whenever I saw him playing as a winger, so I think that will be his position from now on, might worth looking at for that position.

They'd probably want 8 to 9 million i reckon. I'd be alright with that.

Gulibert and Trezeguet both looked rapid at start of the season. Our training drills seem to make these players sluggish from a standing start.

Full backs aren't high on my list tbh. We need commanding CB, holding midfielder and decent wide player whatever division we're in. The equivalent of Chester, Jedinak and Adomah/Snodgrass if you like.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

They'd probably want 8 to 9 million i reckon. I'd be alright with that.

against 14 mill for Targett that would be ok.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Gulibert and Trezeguet both looked rapid at start of the season. Our training drills seem to make these players sluggish from a standing start.

Full backs aren't high on my list tbh. We need commanding CB, holding midfielder and decent wide player whatever division we're in. The equivalent of Chester, Jedinak and Adomah/Snodgrass if you like.

I am with you chris.....but just one observation.

at Villa park the full backs do see a lot of the ball, in such circumstances we would want a good player on that ball.....and I don't mean just technically good, which is important, durable too.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Commanding is a subjective term really isn't it. I'd say McGrath never uttered 2 words in 90 mins. Did his job and did it like a boss. Mings - flapping his gums, barking at other people when he can't do his own job too well. Chester was McGrath lite ( not for a 2nd making comparisons in quality ) but really really good pro. Decent defender. Showed up. Went to work. No show pony stuff.

12 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Commanding is a subjective term really isn't it. I'd say McGrath never uttered 2 words in 90 mins. Did his job and did it like a boss. Mings - flapping his gums, barking at other people when he can't do his own job too well. Chester was McGrath lite ( not for a 2nd making comparisons in quality ) but really really good pro. Decent defender. Showed up. Went to work. No show pony stuff.

Commanding to me is head it kick it type e.g. Gary Cahill. Could certainly do with another decent one in the air given how useless we've been defending set pieces over last six months. Mings fancies himself more as a ball playing CB but there are times when he needs to be told to calm the feck down and just play it simple so again an inexperienced old head alongside him is what I'd target.

Of course we need better full backs aswell but you rarely solve all your problems in even two transfer windows and it will be better progress than usual if we could solve two weak spots in one window so I'd prefer to get more grit into the team in the central areas.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

when are we able to sign new players in this coming transfer window?, and when are we able to register them ? (for next season only i assume?)

The window opens when this season ends. As Chelsea have shown, you can work on deals before that, but you're unable to play them this season.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, John said:

The window opens when this season ends. As Chelsea have shown, you can work on deals before that, but you're unable to play them this season.

thanks.

Suppose our biggest issue then, is we cant really make any remotely decent transfers until we know whether we are up or down.......  :(

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

thanks.

Suppose our biggest issue then, is we cant really make any remotely decent transfers until we know whether we are up or down.......  :(

I doubt we will do anything until we know whether we will be in the PL or not next season. Pity, it would have been nice to have been able to have signed a few galacticos, to secure our PL spot. 😉

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we stay up we should sign the best players from the teams that didn’t come up from the championship and the best players from the teams that got relegated from the premier league. 

You should apply to be the director of football with that logic.

• Haha 2