Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

17 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

They'd probably want 8 to 9 million i reckon. I'd be alright with that.

I have only seen him play once this season and he was impressive. I would hope to be able to get him for less than that though. It’s gonna be a buyers market this summer with clubs desperate to sell their best players to plug some of their massive losses. Those with cash will be able to make massive leaps. Hopefully that will be us.

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we stay up we should sign the best players from the teams that didn’t come up from the championship and the best players from the teams that got relegated from the premier league. 

Oooh I wonder who the next Ross McCormack will be? 😉

• Like 1

Adil Aouchiche is turning down a new contract at PSG and is looking to sign with either Lille or Saint Etienne.

From the granted almost nothing I've seen of him (U17 Euro's) he he still seem like exactly the type of player our academy should try and snap up. After this move we are never going to be able to sign him.

Still only 17 but he looks good enough to be around the seniors and he'll expect to be so. PSG academy is the best in the world currently, this guy is among their best but apparently he's not happy about their plan for him so he's on the move.

Against young opponents sure, but he had brilliant movement, creativity and link up play, playing in a free role in midfield. He was everywhere and created space for his teammates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Adil Aouchiche is turning down a new contract at PSG and is looking to sign with either Lille or Saint Etienne.

From the granted almost nothing I've seen of him (U17 Euro's) he he still seem like exactly the type of player our academy should try and snap up. After this move we are never going to be able to sign him.

Still only 17 but he looks good enough to be around the seniors and he'll expect to be so. PSG academy is the best in the world currently, this guy is among their best but apparently he's not happy about their plan for him so he's on the move.

Against young opponents sure, but he had brilliant movement, creativity and link up play, playing in a free role in midfield. He was everywhere and created space for his teammates.

Arsenal type signing there, wouldn't be surprised if they went for him.

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Arsenal written all over that!!

Yeah, seen him linked to them, as well as Bayern and a few others. French article said he was choosing between Lille and Saint Etienne.

Apparently it's senior football he's after and PSG would not offer him a spot among theirs yet so he may be off.

Birmingham Live have more on Villalad21's new keeper above (link below): 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-bayern-munich-trialist-set-18473236

He's had trials with Bayern, Arsenal and Liverpool before. He's a Polish u-16 international and is reported to be flying into BHX to rubber-stamp a move in the coming weeks (not sure if that includes  a 2-week quarantine or not). He's one for the academy and one for the future, if he comes as he's only 15 years old. Must have heard our schools may be opening in September 👨‍🎓.  

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Ivan Toney can be good for us if we get him when we're back in the Championship next season.  

Still waiting from @Villan4Life to give me the lowdown on Ivan Toney on what makes him a good potential signing. He's failed at Newcastle and has 1 good goalscoring season in league 1. Can you give me a player appraisal as to why he would be a good player for us?

My team in Sweden IFK Göteborg are being forced to sell off their priced assets for almost nothing due to Corona.

One of the ones on his way out is Alhassan Yusuf. 19 y.o Nigerian and I know wp might be an issue but his new price is apparently as low as £1-2m. Loan him out for a season if that's the issue, I'm sure he will feature for Nigeria before long.

I know Wolves has scouted him along with a bunch of other clubs. He's still young but with some good coaching I really think he could be turned into a fantastic player.

He's like a baby Kanté but with better passing. Obviously miles away from Kantés quality, but the potential is huge IMO. 

He was rumored to cost £5m-6m not long ago.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sne said:

My team in Sweden IFK Göteborg are being forced to sell off their priced assets for almost nothing due to Corona.

One of the ones on his way out is Alhassan Yusuf. 19 y.o Nigerian and I know wp might be an issue but his new price is apparently as low as £1-2m. Loan him out for a season if that's the issue, I'm sure he will feature for Nigeria before long.

I know Wolves has scouted him along with a bunch of other clubs. He's still young but with some good coaching I really think he could be turned into a fantastic player.

He's like a baby Kanté but with better passing. Obviously miles away from Kantés quality, but the potential is huge IMO. 

He was rumored to cost £5m-6m not long ago.

Sad to hear about your team.

My local basketball team is going back to semi-pro/amateur after the investors pulled out :(

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Sad to hear about your team.

My local basketball team is going back to semi-pro/amateur after the investors pulled out :(

We're actually still in a better position than we were a few seasons ago. Got a good academy producing players now and have sold a few to help the economy. 

Shame to lose players but this is very much the business model now. Covid-19 is a kick in the nuts thou.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Still waiting from @Villan4Life to give me the lowdown on Ivan Toney on what makes him a good potential signing. He's failed at Newcastle and has 1 good goalscoring season in league 1. Can you give me a player appraisal as to why he would be a good player for us?

He's got a lot of potential, knows where back of net is, and has a good attitude.. Sometimes it takes players a few season's to forfill that early potential. He was young at Newcastle when he signed from Northampton.

Just my opinion he could do well and is a good player and can keep improving.

An example: Back in 1992 Andy Cole wasn't wanted and got sold by Arsenal to Bristol City for just £500k and he ended up having a great career..

Some player's just need time to improve.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He's got a lot of potential, knows where back of net is, and has a good attitude.. Sometimes it takes players a few season's to forfill that early potential. He was young at Newcastle when he signed from Northampton.

Just my opinion he could do well and is a good player and can keep improving

For example: Back in early 90's Andy Cole wasn't wanted got sold by Arsenal to Bristol City for just £400k and he ended up having a great career..

Player's just need time

Interesting last line. Something we don't appear to have given any of last summer signings at this club. 

In my opinion, I've seen very limited of him so have no doubt you'll have seen him a lot more than I what with your line of work. But, he has 1 decent season in league 1 to backup the 'knows where the back of the net is' claim. He's 24 now. He's not 'young' anymore.

I hope we sign him and he scores loads of goals for us and I'm talking out my arse. I just don't see it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Interesting last line. Something we don't appear to have given any of last summer signings at this club. 

In my opinion, I've seen very limited of him so have no doubt you'll have seen him a lot more than I what with your line of work. But, he has 1 decent season in league 1 to backup the 'knows where the back of the net is' claim. He's 24 now. He's not 'young' anymore.

I hope we sign him and he scores loads of goals for us and I'm talking out my arse. I just don't see it

He did pretty well in League one last season mate (2018/19). 16 in League and number in cup. 23 overall. He'a done well for 2 season's now. Scoring goal's and improving. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ivan-toney/leistungsdaten/spieler/251664/saison/2018/wettbewerb/GB3

26 overall this season 2019/2020

Seen him play live 6 times now.

I rate the lad!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1