Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We were linked with Antonee Robinson in February, the Wigan full-back that nearly joined AC Milan, don't know how reliable those stories were, apparently we asked to be kept updated on his situation, but maybe he's someone we'll go for if we're in the market for a left-back

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Good player ruined by injuries, missed all of this season

Saw Palace fans debating signing him on twitter last week, they've had him on loan before so it's an easy link, they went in to more details about what's wrong with him, really didn't sound good, someone's copping him for £20m and £80k a week only to watch him go the the way of wilshere 

He’s only 24 years old, he still has plenty of time, I think he has a lot of talent, it’s why he is still in Chelsea’s books. I’d love him here

2 hours ago, sne said:

I imagine it takes a bit of mental strength for these kids coming up through the academies of the big clubs and then at the final stage not quite making it after getting the odd chance or 2 and then getting a transfer to some smaller club where you get a big contract and is seen as that guy from Chelsea, Plop, Manure or whatever.

Unless you get your head straight any small setback, being injuries or something else and I can see it going downhill fast.

I think you are right to a degree but it’s easy for us to say, isn’t it? It’s very different actually being in the public eye and under scrutiny 24/7

I don't think they'll be able to finish the Championship season on the pitch.

Think it will be decided on PPG or whatever.

The PL restart and finish is 100% money driven, not enough money in the Championship to warrant the risks. 

Not sure where that will leave Brentford.

18 minutes ago, sne said:

The PL restart and finish is 100% money driven, not enough money in the Championship to warrant the risks. 

? Why the prize for promotion is the biggest in world football.

Edited by Brentfordnylons
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brentfordnylons said:

? Why 

I think the Covid-19 situation will spike again with people acting like morons as soon as the summer began.

The huge money involved in the PL might see it forced through despite this. But the Championship is even more games and the same risks (or even more as the clubs can't afford the same level security and testing as in the PL) and little to no TV-money to repay.

Think there is a chance that the PL restart will be cancelled before it's finished. Think there is a much bigger chance the Championship one will.

its money in vs money out

the cost of the testing vs the tv money due

the PL there is obviously a tonne of money on its way if the games are played which will comfortably cover the associated costs of playing the games, leagues 1 and 2 and the womens league the revenue wouldn't cover the costs so its not being played, the championship might be close

the promotion money doesn't come in to it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

its money in vs money out

the cost of the testing vs the tv money due

the PL there is obviously a tonne of money on its way if the games are played which will comfortably cover the associated costs of playing the games, leagues 1 and 2 and the womens league the revenue wouldn't cover the costs so its not being played, the championship might be close

the promotion money doesn't come in to it

Don't forget sporting integrity :crylaugh:

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Believe the football league are looking to push through play offs even if leagues are cancelled. More resources could be pushed towards three playoff matches to get them done.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Believe the football league are looking to push through play offs even if leagues are cancelled. More resources could be pushed towards three playoff matches to get them done.

Yeah more chance to get a result that way than hoping to finish 108 games + play offs.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I think the Covid-19 situation will spike again with people acting like morons as soon as the summer began.

The huge money involved in the PL might see it forced through despite this. But the Championship is even more games and the same risks (or even more as the clubs can't afford the same level security and testing as in the PL) and little to no TV-money to repay.

Think there is a chance that the PL restart will be cancelled before it's finished. Think there is a much bigger chance the Championship one will.

Think and hope you are wrong about second spike despite the  morons.

• Like 1

The championship will just do as the premier league does, if they can't finish the season but the premier league does manage to complete their games then there's a good chance that promotion would be scrapped, something that EFL don't want to happen.

1 minute ago, useless said:

The championship will just do as the premier league does, if they can't finish the season but the premier league does manage to complete their games then there's a good chance that promotion would be scrapped, something that EFL don't want to happen.

I'm sure they'll try. They are 2 separate organizations thou, with vastly different finances and so on

2 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Big IF's as I have a feeling Villa stay up and Bees go up.

Even if you stay up and we don't make it I think there is very little chance of him going to Villa, he is one of our highly prized assets and he still has 2 years to run on his contract + option of another year so he won't be going on the cheap, Villa wouldn't pay the alleged fee we asked for last year, so what is different? besides him and his partner love the London life and if he does move on I would put money on him joining a Premiership London club, as they seem to have already taken an interest in him.

On the other hand I hope it is as you predict, fingers crossed, as I always love a trip to Villa Park

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

Even if you stay up and we don't make it I think there is very little chance of him going to Villa, he is one of our highly prized assets and he still has 2 years to run on his contract + option of another year so he won't be going on the cheap, Villa wouldn't pay the alleged fee we asked for last year, so what is different? besides him and his partner love the London life and if he does move on I would put money on him joining a Premiership London club, as they seem to have already taken an interest in him.

On the other hand I hope it is as you predict, fingers crossed, as I always love a trip to Villa Park

He was injured last summer and we needed to pretty much sign a full squad mate. If we stay up it will (hopefully) be quality this time round over quantity