Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, Boumasbabies said:

I don't think Tammy will move this summer. If he does it will be for serious dough. Prob £65+

We ain't getting him unless Jack stays.

We need to prioritise wingers and full backs over a striker initially IMO.

Completely forgot Leicester signed Ryan Bennett from Wolves when I was looking at some team news for the weekend.

I'd say he'd be a target in the summer if Leicester don't sign him full time. Been a regular for Wolves over last 18 months although I guess they want to upgrade CB in summer and feel he won't match up to where they want to be in next 2-3 years (Saiss has also done very well filling in at CB this season) but he has decent european experience now, used to playing in a back 3 and only just turned 30 so fits the experienced head I want to calm Mings down.

Should cost a bit mroe than Hause did but he's a lot better given Hause never got close to playing for Wolves in premier league. Apparently Leicester have option to buy for 5m so guess they might take that up.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Completely forgot Leicester signed Ryan Bennett from Wolves when I was looking at some team news for the weekend.

I'd say he'd be a target in the summer if Leicester don't sign him full time. Been a regular for Wolves over last 18 months although I guess they want to upgrade CB in summer and feel he won't match up to where they want to be in next 2-3 years (Saiss has also done very well filling in at CB this season) but he has decent european experience now, used to playing in a back 3 and only just turned 30 so fits the experienced head I want to calm Mings down.

Should cost a bit mroe than Hause did but he's a lot better given Hause never got close to playing for Wolves in premier league. Apparently Leicester have option to buy for 5m so guess they might take that up.

Leicester were looking for short term coverage when they loaned Bennet so I feel he will be available when the Summer market eventually opens. I think he would be a good purchase for you.

• Like 1

Two midfielders I would like in the summer are

Anguissa - having a great season in the spanish league and is exactly the mobility we need in the middle to get up and down, and looks decent going forwards and back. Estimated £25m

Marko Grujic - had 2 good seasons on loan at Hertha Berlin I think. Looks strong and good passer. Whilst he probably wants to stay at Liverpool he wont displace Fabinho and they have  a lot of midfielders. Estimated £15m

They would provide us with a lot more strength and mobility in the middle and can both tackle and have good technique.

The midfield 3 then next year would be:

Advance midfielder: McGinn (Hourihane)

Box to box: Anguissa (Marv) 

DLP: Grujic (Luiz) 

This would also take a bit of pressure off Marv and Luiz and provide some real competition in the middle

• Like 1

On 15/06/2020 at 18:35, sir_gary_cahill said:

Personally, I don’t think either Hourihane or Lansbury are Premier League quality players, do you agree MotoMkali?

Therein lies the biggest weakness with our squad.  If they were one player then they are premiership quality.  Unfortunately in too many areas of the pitch we have players who individually are not capable of playing in the Premier league mesh this with the lack of improvement (until the pause) in physical strength this has seen us struggle overall. If we go down we deserve it. Then it's back to donkey football for years in the awful championship. 

1 hour ago, alexvilla4 said:

Two midfielders I would like in the summer are

Anguissa - having a great season in the spanish league and is exactly the mobility we need in the middle to get up and down, and looks decent going forwards and back. Estimated £25m

Marko Grujic - had 2 good seasons on loan at Hertha Berlin I think. Looks strong and good passer. Whilst he probably wants to stay at Liverpool he wont displace Fabinho and they have  a lot of midfielders. Estimated £15m

They would provide us with a lot more strength and mobility in the middle and can both tackle and have good technique.

The midfield 3 then next year would be:

Advance midfielder: McGinn (Hourihane)

Box to box: Anguissa (Marv) 

DLP: Grujic (Luiz) 

This would also take a bit of pressure off Marv and Luiz and provide some real competition in the middle

Always liked Grujic.

Anguissa plays for Fulham and struggled in the PL last time. Not sure I'd spend too big on him with that form, haven't seen him this season though.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Therein lies the biggest weakness with our squad.  If they were one player then they are premiership quality.  Unfortunately in too many areas of the pitch we have players who individually are not capable of playing in the Premier league mesh this with the lack of improvement (until the pause) in physical strength this has seen us struggle overall. If we go down we deserve it. Then it's back to donkey football for years in the awful championship. 

It is easy to forget that we are a newly promoted team. If the worst happens and we do get relegated, at least we’ll have the local derbies again, I stress that is the worst case scenario. Building a good squad that can compete in the Premier League doesn’t happen overnight, it takes years of planning and structure. We had 3 years of Championship football from 2016-2019, it’s a long hard slog, no inch is given, Smith managed to get us out of that league and deserves credit for it. If he manages to keep us up this season, he’ll go down as a legend for me, considering the squad we had at the end of last season

• Like 1

Apparently small heath are going to sell that Sunjic who was mentioned a few pages back, because of financial issues, If interested I wonder if we could get him in some sort of swap with Hogan, he might be someone we could get even if relegated as well. If we stay up might need better for the first team, but might not be a bad option to have.

• Like 3

Won't make much difference to us if we're relegated, which is looking more and more likely. Might even work to our disadvantage because if we do go down other premier clubs will have the chance to strengthen more than usual meaning even if we come straight back up the gap between us and than those already in the premier league will be stronger than usual. And we would have been financially very strong in the championship regardless.

Just now, useless said:

Won't make much difference to us if we're relegated, which is looking more and more likely. Might even work to our disadvantage because if we do go down other premier clubs will have the chance to strengthen more than usual meaning even if we come straight back up the gap between us and than those already in the premier league will be stronger than usual. And we would have been financially very strong in the championship regardless.

You know we are only 1 point off 16th? Why is staying up unlikely?

It's unlikely for Norwich. We're still right in it

I didn't say it looked unlikely just than it's looking more and more unlikely, which means as each game goes by without getting a win the more likely it looks that we will go down. Chelsea for us at the weekend, whilst our rivals play Wolves, Leicester and Palace all at home, so we'll probably be even further adrift, Brighton and Norwich will probably fancy their chances at home to Arsenal Southampton as well. Would be the perfect time for us to finally beat one of the division's better sides, but wev'e been sayinig that all season and it never happens, and we aren't going to just going to conveniently beat the so called weaker sides that much should be evident from the way the season has panned out.

Besides, even if we do stay up I'm not sure if this relaxation of the FFP rules will mean that we spend more than we would have anyway, same with all the other clubs.

31 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't know you know, it will work in our favour regardless. Going down would have meant losing ground on established prem clubs anyway, going down + FFP would have hamstrung us a bit. Going down with no FFP would allow us to get all our ducks in a row to come straight back up and keep a team together this time, a team that would need 3 or 4 quality additions rather than 15+. If we stay up no FFP will mean we can really go to town and is clearly the best outcome, but no FFP helps us in the Championship to come straight back up and build a team that won't disappear the minute we're promoted like last time.

• Like 1

We would have been in a strong position to financailly if relegated regardless, all this talk of the EFL waiting to impose sanctions on us was never true, if they wanted to sanction us they wouldn't have had to wait for us do come back down as the rules have changed on that. With our owners and the sale of Grealish and possibly a few others we would have been able to build a strong team anyway.

On 18/06/2020 at 12:43, sir_gary_cahill said:

If the worst happens and we do get relegated, at least we’ll have the local derbies again, I stress that is the worst case scenario. 

Playing Small Heath and Coventry again, with Albion potentially taking our place in the PL for me, does represent "the worst case scenario".  :(  

• Like 2

Another local lad.. Birmingham born 18-year old Louie Sibley at  Derby County is one to look at.

He is an England U19 International and plays as centre midfielder.

He has scored 4 goals in 8 games for Derby including a hat-trick today away at Millwall.

Hopefully Villa send scouts to monitor him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Another local lad.. Birmingham born 18-year old Louie Sibley at  Derby County is one to look at.

He is an England U19 International and plays as centre midfielder.

He has scored 4 goals in 8 games for Derby including a hat-trick today away at Millwall.

Hopefully Villa send scouts to monitor him.

I just came in here looking for an opinion on him! Been at Derby since he was 8 - maybe another one we've missed out on - not seen him play, but the numbers are impressive.

• Like 1

Derby would probably want ridiculous money for him already, had a look on their forum and their fans are already comparing him to Kaka and saying he's worth £40m. If he's that good might be another one of those that we needed to pick up earlier on.