Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Hopefully we are looking at a potential deal for Watkins as he can play as a striker or wide forward. He works extremely hard and scores goals.

We'd need to sign another striker, and possibly a winger as well, but I think he'd improve us quite a bit.

Wonder if we could sign Watkins, one of Abraham or Edouard and one of Benrahma or Buendia. That would make a huge difference to this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Enquired about Edouard according to that Sun article, I wonder if they'd take Samatta as part of the deal, would score goals in Scotland and has champions league pedigree.

Not so long ago we was excited at getting Samatta.

.........fools rush in, where angels fear to tread.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Sarr, Doucoure, Deulofeu, Brooks, Hughes, Lerma, Aarons, Cantwell from the relegated sides

I'm curious how accurate the rumours of our interest in Giroud were as I think he'd be an excellent signing and his wages would be similar to what Tammy would demand, but a significantly lower transfer fee I'd imagine and fits the bill of prem experience. 

Wild card suggestion - Lingard or Willian

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Cairney has proven to be a flop at PL level, and he's 29 now. This is about as good as he gets.

maybe he was denied the space he had tonight....in the Prem

Edited by TRO

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

wasn't Oscar Arce an Argentinian, who played for us?

He played in the team with Barrie Hole and jimmy Brown.....I'll leave you to work out the gag of the day.

Except he didnt. Anbtw he passed away 2017 in Casablanca

Edited by SirSteveUK

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Sarr, Doucoure, Deulofeu, Brooks, Hughes, Lerma, Aarons, Cantwell from the relegated sides

I'm curious how accurate the rumours of our interest in Giroud were as I think he'd be an excellent signing and his wages would be similar to what Tammy would demand, but a significantly lower transfer fee I'd imagine and fits the bill of prem experience. 

Wild card suggestion - Lingard or Willian

Lingard would enrage me if we wasted even a penny on him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Except he didnt.

He signed in 1968 only played for the central league team.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

but we did sign him, didn't we?

Yep - but that infamous line up never occurred.  Saw hia amateur brother Hector play one game for the reserves once - far more skilfiul

Oscar died 2017 in Casablanca

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Yep - but that infamous line up never occurred.  Saw hia amateur brother Hector play one game for the reserves once - far more skilfiul

Oscar died 2017 in Casablanca

do you tell kids Santa Claus is not real?.....where's your sense of humour?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

In consistent then😀

Name a consistent winger that scores for fun that we will be able to attract?

Every creative player has off games, even Messi and Ronaldo have their bad days. This was the biggest game of his career to date. There are very few players with his stats from this season, in any league. He was rated the best player in his league by whoscored this season.  He scored 17 goals as a winger! You don't get that by being easily nullified.

By your definition, Grealish is easily nullified.  And has been many times this season. The point is having two such players capable of something special in the team, means at least two things:

1) they're harder to nullify as you have to cover both of them 

2) when one does have an off day, the chances are the other one won't be.

The fact Grealish has had Trez and El Ghazi as his non threatening counterparts this season has made us so easy to defend against.  Having Benrahma would be very different.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Thanks for the info. I see another USMNT member; Ulysses Llanez Jr. is currently in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg. Any good? 

He's a prospect a lot of people have been monitoring, but I think this year will be telling as he seems to have broken into the first team at Wolfsburg. He was capped for the U.S. against Costa Rica in one of those non-FIFA friendlies where clubs aren't required to release their players and acquitted himself well, looking lively and scoring the only goal. I don't get the impression that he's a prodigious talent like Christian Pulisic or Gio Reyna breaking through at Dortmund, but he's certainly one to keep an eye on.

• Like 1