Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, useless said:

Enquired about Edouard according to that Sun article, I wonder if they'd take Samatta as part of the deal, would score goals in Scotland and has champions league pedigree.

or let’s convince them to take Hogan?  Even he’d score a hatful in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Enquired about Edouard according to that Sun article, I wonder if they'd take Samatta as part of the deal, would score goals in Scotland and has champions league pedigree.

If we offered Celtic £25m they would have to take it. That’s huge money for them. I think we may be able to tempt him too. Make it happen Dean 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

SunSport understands Villa inquired about Celtic’s £40m-rated French striker Odsonne Edouard, 22, but the Glasgow club are determined to keep him.

4vgrNRo.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Here’s how I see it:

We finished 17th, and barely at that, so for players being looked at by other Premier League teams or top half teams in other leagues, we’re not necessarily an attractive proposition. The lure of the Premier League is definitely an appealing factor to the foreign markets, though.

I also think that most people think Grealish will be off, and if we lose him then we lose another selling point to other potential players. We could get £60million for him, maybe even more, but it’ll be difficult to splurge that on expensive players when they’re going to be the only player of their level at the club.

If we have enquires about some big budget players, they’d probably want an assurance Grealish will stay, though you’d like to think that if we couldn’t keep him we’d at least promise we’d be spending big on another couple of top names. I think until Grealish’s future is decided one way or another, it’ll be hard to bring quality players in.

Going for ‘Premier League experience’ is good and all, but when you just finished the lowest position you can be without being relegated, why would top players from other PL teams want to come? Money? Maybe, but I think I’m right in saying our wage bill is on the lower end of the spectrum. Chances are we’d only be a lure to older players looking for a longer contract than they might get elsewhere, either that or the crapper ones which we obviously don’t want. We could target good PL players who are either on the verge of breaking into the first team or are struggling for game time, but they’d be riskier signings that might not quite come off.

I think a mix of PL experience is great, and wouldn’t be averse to maybe another older head - an experienced CB would be my choice - coming in. We’ve also got Heaton. However, PL experience will cost, and I think we need to go down the younger quality player route, especially in the foreign markets. We can offer PL football, game time, competitive wages (if not better), and a historic club with top notch stadium and training facilities. I think these are our selling points, so I really hope we’ve realised that and have targeted the best players that those things will appeal to most. I really hope the PL experience rumour has been exaggerated or taken out of context.

Where are you getting "most people think Grealish will be off" from ? - He gets regular game time - the club are rumoured to be be invested £100m in new players,  and theres a rumour tonight he is going to be offered £100k pw deal by Villa. I think there is a good chance he stays.

• Like 1

They might want to keep him, but they've been hit big time by covid and loss of revenue from crowds, if they can't raise money by other means they might have to start listening to offers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Where are you getting "most people think Grealish will be off" from ? - He gets regular game time - the club are rumoured to be be invested £100m in new players,  and theres a rumour tonight he is going to be offered £100k pw deal by Villa. I think there is a good chance he stays.

By ‘most people’ I mean non-Villa fans. To be fair, I posted that before I saw that article, and it is The Sun so let’s take it with a pinch of salt.

All this talk about whether Benrahma is good enough, there is a flip side to him moving on. 

Let’s say he moves to Chelsea, which the press have said are favourites to his signature, then we should push to take Hudson-Odoi on loan for a year.  The kid needs games and he certainly has pace/talent.  

I would then push to take Eze and/or Ryan Sessegnon for the left side, with Karlan Grant up top. 

That should sort out the lack of pace across our forward line.  

Edit - For what it’s worth, I actually think Benrahma is good enough for the Prem and would be a major, major upgrade on Trez, who is Turkey bound apparently.

Edited by ferguson1

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

I've only seen him tonight. - He seemed to struggle with the occasion - which can happen to any player. I am sure Dean and the scouting team will have done their homework though. Last season we did whatever it took to land Tyrone Mings - I don't  see Benramha in that category - I wouldn't go much beyond £15m myself.

Tammy should be the player we break the bank for this window - assuming he is interested. 

Basing an opinion of a player on a single viewing? How did Grealish perform in our first play off final?

Benrahma is worth a lot more than £15m.

Edited by MrBlack
typo
  • Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

Basing an opinion on a player based on a single viewing? How did Grealosh perform in our first play off final?

I agree. The pressure may have gotten to him and you could say the same about Grealish for most of the beginning of our season in the PL. Benrahma showed what he is capable of in the semi-finals. 

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

If we offered Celtic £25m they would have to take it. That’s huge money for them. I think we may be able to tempt him too. Make it happen Dean 

This transfer window is probably Celtics last opportunity for a good size fee for Edouard, as I think his contract is up in 2022. Other than that, I couldn’t give any sort of judgement on the player as I’ve not seen a single minute of him playing. His goals and assists are incredible up there, but we have to balance that against the fact that the SPL is the equivalent of the Championship, at best. Let’s hope Villa have done their homework and whoever we sign helps us compete higher up the Premier League table. UTV

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

All this talk about whether Benrahma is good enough, there is a flip side to him moving on. 

Let’s say he moves to Chelsea, which the press have said are favourites to his signature, then we should push to take Hudson-Odoi on loan for a year.  The kid needs games and he certainly has pace/talent.  

I would then push to take Eze and/or Ryan Sessegnon for the left side, with Karlan Grant up top. 

That should sort out the lack of pace across our forward line.  

Outside of an emergency I never want to see another loan at VP!

1 minute ago, CosmicVillan said:

Need to announce our "war chest " first

Yes an exact spending number would be sweet, I do think the 100 mill by media is just rubbish, I think it could be nearly double that but that's me.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Basing an opinion of a player on a single viewing? How did Grealish perform in our first play off final?

Hippo? he's the last person to listen to on here regarding any good player's.

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Nothing against loans myself, if it means it strengthens us significantly.  

Nope, absolutely no point in it for me....unless of course we can but them after!