Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Having a look on Twitter last night after the play of final , Leeds really are the scummiest fans going aren't they? I hope they get obliterated next season and go straight back down. Less points than Derby in 08. No class whatsoever. They are adamant Benrahma is going to them to the point I was expecting to wake up this morning to see him holding up a Leeds shirt.

• Like 2

------------------------------Watkins-----------------------------

Benhrama--------------Grealish---------------Buendia

-------------Douglas Luiz----------McGinn----------------

Shouldn't cost more than £70m. 

Sell Samatta and Trez for a bit of it and get that Scottish Left back in as cover for £1.5m and we've still got money for a CB and a RB.

Simples.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

This is what they do. Agree everything with the player, the selling club quote them a fee. Woodward says "we're not paying that, that's too much". He tries to negotiate for the next month. The selling club don't budge and then they pay the fee they were originally quoted wasting everybody's time in the process. He's only able to negotiate with noodle and mattress suppliers in order to get the best deal.

uses his media contacts to say the selling club are being unfair...

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

uses his media contacts to say the selling club are being unfair...

If Ed Woodward thinks Dortmund give a flying fiddlers what the English media think he is very sorely mistaken.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Have not watched Benrahma this season other than last night, but the highlights reel is impressive - it's not the sort of quality we witnessed very often in our time down there so maybe he is too good for that league. Still a gamble - but over to Dean Smith, he knows the player and now he knows the prem - if he still wants him then it seems a safe enough idea.

20 minutes ago, MCU said:

Having a look on Twitter last night after the play of final , Leeds really are the scummiest fans going aren't they? I hope they get obliterated next season and go straight back down. Less points than Derby in 08. No class whatsoever. They are adamant Benrahma is going to them to the point I was expecting to wake up this morning to see him holding up a Leeds shirt.

To be fair our fans are being just as bad. Chelsea fans doing it too.

And yet, it really annoys us when Utd fans make out like they just need to click their fingers and Jack will come running. 

34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not opposed to signing quality championship players, but I feel Benhrama is slightly hyped on here. 

Was talking to a couple of Forest fans last night about the playoff final - they both said that Benrahma is comfortably the best player in the Championship and should be heading on to much bigger things.

6 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Like the idea of Rashica on our left wing.

He can play on the right as well.  A front four of Edouard, Grealish, Benrahma and Rashica is the stuff of dreams.

Edited by MJ_1874
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

To be fair our fans are being just as bad. Chelsea fans doing it too.

And yet, it really annoys us when Utd fans make out like they just need to click their fingers and Jack will come running. 

Surely the Smith link would put us ahead of Leeds if the money is the same.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just move Grealish back into the middle. 

I really think Grealish is best outwide - thats where he has got most of his goals from - Indeed after restart he initially played in the middle and wasn't great TBH

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, MCU said:

I don't think Benrahma to Leeds is that off the wall TBH.  i don't think Chelsea will follow up there interest. I think he is known to Smith so that would give us the edge IMO 

• Like 1

Leeds promoted after 16 years in the second division and they’re already giving it the large. One of the most despised clubs in the country and it shows. 

The Spygate thing was pathetic and lacked class. Their goal against us after play had stopped was typical Leeds. Bielsa deserves no credit for allowing us to walk a goal in as that came under duress from Dean and the rapid realisation of the huge PR damage it would have done to him and Leeds. 

Leeds have always been a scummy little club even in their hay day of the 70s and Leopards rarely change their spots. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

After the game last night I felt sorry for Brentford. Losing the play off final is just terrible. 

Last night was the first time I really looked at Benrahma and I wasn't impressed, thought Watkins and Mbeumo looked pretty poor too but as we all know not playing well in a final doesn't mean you're a poor player. I thought Henry and Pinnock looked good players.

But it was an all round poor game, looked like it was off to pens until Bryan stuck the free kick! 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

------------------------------Watkins-----------------------------

Benhrama--------------Grealish---------------Buendia

-------------Douglas Luiz----------McGinn----------------

Shouldn't cost more than £70m. 

Sell Samatta and Trez for a bit of it and get that Scottish Left back in as cover for £1.5m and we've still got money for a CB and a RB.

Simples.

Would keep Trez, sell Ghazi and Jota.

• Like 1

Benrahma looked every bit to me like the only player on the pitch who already knew he was in the PL next season. 

Look at the difference in intensity between him and Joe Bryan. Particularly in the last 20 mins when Brentford needed him most he clearly wasn't as bothered as everyone else. 

Question marks around his character maybe? But the ability is there no question, whether he's strong enough mentality and physically is an open question which given Jota's struggles I am sure will have been considered by the club. Is he better than El Ghazi and Trez, yes by a mile so he improves us no doubt. Is he better than other options available at his price. Only the club knows the real prices so we are just guessing really. 

Overall I'd still be very pleased to bring him in. Think he'd link up very well with Jack, Doug and Super John. 

• Like 1