Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'd sign Benrahma (for a reasonable fee - circa 20m) and a faster more direct winger for the other flank. Grealish would play behind the front 3. Whoever the striker is will get shitloads of chances.

I watched him tonight his game was nullified by an efficient Fulham defence.....I fear thats what would happen in the Prem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I watched him tonight his game was nullified by an efficient Fulham defence.....I fear thats what would happen in the Prem.

Jack was nullified by Derby last season

• Like 2

It really depends on if we want Jack out on the left still. But regardless I imagine even if Benrahma were to start out on the left and Jack in the middle, they'd be interchanging quite often. Imagine a left side of Benrahma and Targett (or Henry if we sign him), being fed by Jack who in turn will be feeding whatever glutton of a striker we end up signing. Havoc.

15 minutes ago, deeps said:

Benrahma is a no brainer for me. Cannot judge him on tonight. One game doesn’t define a player. His connection with Smith and the fact he is used to life in the country is vital. 

No it doesn't.....but it wasn't great by him, tonight.

I was more impressed with Cairney......his vision and the ability to move the ball quickly, was at the centre of most of the action, for Fulham.... calm and collected, doesn't get caught in possession, heads the ball accurately to feet, was very impressed.....tracks back and helps out in defence, excellent passer of the ball.... had a fine game IMO.

Benrama for me is a bit of a showman, and gets taken out easily against decent opposition........really unsure about him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Jack was nullified by Derby last season

yeah , its one game, I get that.

just not convinced, maybe I haven't seen him enough.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

No it doesn't.....but it wasn't great by him.

I was more impressed with Cairney......his vision and the ability to move the ball quickly, was at the centre of most of the action, for Fulham.... calm and collected, doesn't get caught in possession, heads the ball accurately to feet, was very impressed.....tracks back and helps out in defence, excellent passer of the ball.... had a fine game IMO.

Benrama for me is a bit of a showman, and gets taken out easily.......really unsure about him.

Cairney has proven to be a flop at PL level, and he's 29 now. This is about as good as he gets.

• Like 2

I've just been looking through the squads of teams around us and it struck me that Brighton now have 5 Centre Backs I think could get in our team now alongside Mings. 

I could see them loaning Ben White out another season to let a Leeds iron out any creases of him stepping up to prem football. But with Veltman and Webster in that squad as well, if White isn't loaned out surely Duffy and/or another would be looking to leave for first team football next season?

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Cairney has proven to be a flop at PL level, and he's 29 now. This is about as good as he gets.

thought he played well tonight......not saying I want him.

I hope we don't sign any Championship players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

I've just been looking through the squads of teams around us and it struck me that Brighton now have 5 Centre Backs I think could get in our team now alongside Mings. 

I could see them loaning Ben White out another season to let a Leeds iron out any creases of him stepping up to prem football. But with Veltman and Webster in that squad as well, if White isn't loaned out surely Duffy and/or another would be looking to leave for first team football next season?

Liverpool are favourites to sign Ben White.

Benrahma has bags of talent but reminds me of Adel Tartabt in that there’s loads of hype and focus but perhaps lacks the desire to push himself to the next level. He reminded me of El Ghazi tonight and was easily sniffed out by Fulham. 

I haven’t seen enough of him to make a fair assessment but his stats this season are awesome. Championship or not 17 goals is a great return for a wide attacking winger/forward. 

If we are after him, and the likes of Arsenal are too apparently, then his price will be slightly lower than if they went up.

• Like 1