Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just can't see Ina or Origi being interested going from the clubs with European football, and everything that goes with it, to us atm. 

If we blow £30 million on a striker isn't it likely it's another foreign gamble? 

I would rather have Troy Deaney , he's proven , he's a leader and he has one year left on his contract . I know he's a blues fan but bollox to that if he scores goals,and he would , he would get my nod. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Omitting the players I think we should offload, I’d like us to strengthen as follows:

GK: Heaton, NEW GK, Steer 

LB: Targett, NEW LB

CB: Mings, Hause (not a fan tbh, so poor on the ball)

CB: Konsa, Engels

A new, top quality CB would really help.

RB: Guilbert (would like to see him get a sustained run in the side and I’m sure the coaching team will have worked on the tactical side of the game with him as they have with others like Doug)

Elmo is ok as backup but wouldn’t mind letting him go and getting a quality RB to fight for the position with Fred. Not a priority but I am happy with us adding as much quality as possible.

DM - Luiz, NEW DM/CM, Nakamba (3rd choice or farewell, too limited)

CM - McGinn, Hourihane, NEW CM

CM/AM - Grealish, NEW AM/FW (maybe one of the new wingers to alternate)

LW - NEW LW 

RW - NEW RW

suggestions - Rashica, Sarr, Deulofeu, Buendia, Benrahma

Trez & El Ghazi either subs or bye bye (more signings needed in that case)

CF - NEW ST (Belotti?!), Wesley, NEW ST/Samatta (really don’t mind if he goes but, again, replacement required)

Davis, Vassilev & others out on loan

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

I would rather have Troy Deaney , he's proven , he's a leader and he has one year left on his contract . I know he's a blues fan but bollox to that if he scores goals,and he would , he would get my nod. 

929EBBEB-CBCD-4140-86AC-E802F9B78882.gif

12 minutes ago, tinker said:

He got 4 goals from open play all season 2 vs Villa

We don't get penalties for him to take

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

New signing over McGinn and Luiz? Absolute no brainer.

We aren’t going to improve if we’re signing players who are slightly better than the players that never get a game. 

We need to sign better players than Luiz and McGinn and then they all have to compete for a starting spot. That’s how you get better.

Yes, McCarthy is better than Lansbury, so what? 

Oh ok, yeah, let's sign the best players first in strict order then get around to the likes of McCarthy in September. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

New signing over McGinn and Luiz? Absolute no brainer.

We aren’t going to improve if we’re signing players who are slightly better than the players that never get a game. 

We need to sign better players than Luiz and McGinn and then they all have to compete for a starting spot. That’s how you get better.

Yes, McCarthy is better than Lansbury, so what? 

If I can have my 2 pennies worth. I think the CM position isn't one of our weakest. So spending a large chunk of money on improving it isn't needed. Not when you look at the huge holes across the rest of the squad.

Can we add some decent options in there for a relatively small fee so we don't have to use Lansbury. Have a reliable option in the middle in case of injury for a small fee. Makes so much sense it hurts.

Leaving more money to spend on where it's needed more.

• Like 1

Just now, Mjvilla said:

If I can have my 2 pennies worth. I think the CM position isn't one of our weakest. So spending a large chunk of money on improving it isn't needed. Not when you look at the huge holes across the rest of the squad.

Can we add some decent options in there for a relatively small fee so we don't have to use Lansbury. Have a reliable option in the middle with vast experience in case of injury for a small fee. Makes so much sense it hurts.

Leaving more money to spend on where it's needed more.

Huge mistake here, meant to edit my post but instead quoted myself and then edited the quote. 😂😂😂

I need a lie down

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we're going to spend a similar sort of amount to last season, I'm going with £150m, I would go with the below...

LB - Jamal Lewis (£15m)

DM - Weston McKennie (£20m) - Southampton leading the race for him. No reason why we shouldn't be challenging them to sign players.

LW - Said Benrahma (£25m) - If Brentford are not promoted.

RW - Jonathan Ikone (£35m) or Ismaila Sarr (£35m) - Sarr is more realistic as Ikone has been linked to some Champions League clubs. No harm in aiming high.

ST - Karlan Grant (£10m) - Pacey, young striker with some PL experience. Could be a much better squad option than Samatta or Davis.

ST - Tammy Abraham (£45m) - Depends on what Chelsea want for him. If we can't get him I'd still go for Odsonne Edouard from Celtic, who would probably cost closer to £35m.

Then look to sell the below to free up space on the wage bill...

Lansbury, Taylor, Samatta, Jota, Kalinic, Nyland. - although selling 2 GK's would mean that we need another backup GK. Maybe Ramsdale from Bournemouth.

Oh, and send Keinan Davis out on loan to a Championship club.

Anyhow, I'm very bored on a Sunday morning so try not to rip this to shreds too much. I'm already panicking about the feedback.

Newly Minted Sengkang GRC is One GRC That Even Non-Voting Yishun ...

My main question is, where's the right back?

2 hours ago, skell said:

All of which will probably need 6 months to acclimatise . One of these and a proven premier league player could.work but not these alone

I was just giving examples of players based abroad who score goals and would cause a meltdown if we signed them. I believe all of those would cause meltdown level excitement on here. All signings have an element of risk. Even Messi could break his leg in his first game.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, tinker said:

I wouldn't. 5 years ago sure. Right now he looks like his legs are gone at this level. He reminds me of Whelan. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

All this talk of signing players with Premier League experience is a load of bollocks if you ask me. I’m also fully aware that this might be an unpopular opinion.

Eze, Benrahma and Watkins don’t have Premier League experience and I’d take them all day long. 

We just need to focus on signing GOOD players regardless of where they currently play. If the scouting is done correctly, then you’ll find better value on the continent than players like Iheanacho and McCarthy on big wages.

Just because we signed Engels, Nakamba, Wesley and Trezeguet and made a balls of it the first time around, it doesn’t mean we can’t still scout these leagues for players. You just have to actually find the GOOD ones. The Trezeguet signing was baffling as he didn’t even look good on YouTube.

Absolutely. This PL experience thing is just a myth. If you sign good players, you get good results, no matter where they've spent they're career. You can't overstate the importance of quality scouting and recruitment. It's the single most important part of running a modern football club. It can be done, we just have to know where to look.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Still think Vertonghen would be a solid pickup for us. 

I also like Patrik Schick, but that's an opinion my Roma friends find laughable. 

I thought he did alright for Leipzig. Not spectacular but there's a player in there.

However the article from Evans suggests PL experience is a must, and last season was when we needed this perhaps more.

Does Abraham count as PL experience? Does just one season in the PL count, I guess it probably does a few decent players have been relegated. 

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I thought he did alright for Leipzig. Not spectacular but there's a player in there.

I even liked him when I went to Olimpico. He was once of those players who always had something about him, he just didn't get the ball in the goal. A bit like a top class Keinan Davis I guess.