Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

26 minutes ago, deeps said:

Not sure if posted but, this is one of the factors I don’t see us getting Tammy. With Chelsea fighting on all fronts next season I still see him getting game time. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/10/tammy-abraham-activates-one-year-chelsea-contract-extension

I'm not convinced really, not because I want Abraham in a Villa shirt, but the fact is that isn't the article pointing more to the fact that he only triggered the one year extension because of assists and goals and a slight pay rise.

Then, it states they still hope to tie Tammy down with an improved long term contract still but so far nothing has been agreed with player and club.

I don't think that article alters anything about player and his club that we didn't know already?

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's another load of beige from Evans. It says absolutely nothing that article.

There was a big red flag when he talked about Suso's position coming under review at the end of the season anyway, then some vagueness about Lange joining two days after the end of the season. No club making that kind of appointment would do so in a matter of days. I think Evans knows f all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

This is why I haven’t registered for the Athletic. However many good writers they have, it seems mad as a Villa fan to pay for content written by someone who couldn’t write interesting or insightful enough things for us when his stuff was available for free.

Lucky lucky man to be sat in the chair at the mail when the athletic appeared. Sticks out like a sore thumb when you compare Villa stories to anyone else on there. As well as having zero inside knowledge the articles are so basic.

There is loads of other good stuff there. Love most things by Michael Cox and Jack Lang.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

Just now, jacketspuds said:

I think Jayden Bogle at Derby looks a decent young prospect. Might be good back-up / competition for Guilbert.

Do people really think Guilbert, on the basis of last season, is good enough to be our starting RB? He has his moments, for sure, and he has potential but we shouldn't be relying on him—neither offensively or defensively. He should be fighting someone else and he can win the spot if he keeps improving.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

There are Premier League experienced players which are decent, There are Premier League experienced players which are sh*t.

We need to be avoiding the latter and signing those that are deemed 'better quality' with a bit of a life in the tank who can benefit us and offer something to the cause. Not someone who's looking for a last pay day etc.

So I agree, if we are linked with sh*t then I am in agreement with fellow Villans that are opposed to signing such 'shit players'.

For every Neil Taylor and Danny Drinkwater there are Nathen Redmond's and Gerard Delufeou's.

It's about signing the right PL quality, not the "mutton dressed as lamb" sort.

To be fair mutton is quite tasty

48 minutes ago, hippo said:

What does everyone think is the least we can spend - that means we aren't struggling next season .....

£60m for me -

I’d expect us to spend £100m plus whatever we bring in from sales - hopefully 4 decent signings . 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Do people really think Guilbert, on the basis of last season, is good enough to be our starting RB? He has his moments, for sure, and he has potential but we shouldn't be relying on him—neither offensively or defensively. He should be fighting someone else and he can win the spot if he keeps improving.

For me, one of the least priorities in our shopping list.  I actually dont mind the Elmo/Guilbert option with even Konsa as third.  Yes would I improve if I could but in terms of this close season I wouldnt be bothered if nothing was done in that area.  Very much the Striking/Creative elements of our side, plus CM and I still think another to compete with Mings and Konsa at CD or for injuries/loss of form is a priority as I'm not convinced by Hause or Engels.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Yes , there are other areas of the team far more a priority - Freddie will be ok 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think Jayden Bogle at Derby looks a decent young prospect. Might be good back-up / competition for Guilbert.

Didn't El Ghazi take him apart at Wembley also lost him for the first goal. Seriously not impressed with him. Overrated me thinks!!

4 minutes ago, KH** said:

Should have a look at Matty Cash from Forest too 

Reported to be available, Forest certainly need to trim the wage bill but would have thought it was the squad dud’s rather than their best players they’ll be looking to shift.

I’ve seen a lot of him the last couple of seasons, very good at that level but not sure I’d have him on our wish list.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

For me, one of the least priorities in our shopping list.  I actually dont mind the Elmo/Guilbert option with even Konsa as third.  Yes would I improve if I could but in terms of this close season I wouldnt be bothered if nothing was done in that area.  Very much the Striking/Creative elements of our side, plus CM and I still think another to compete with Mings and Konsa at CD or for injuries/loss of form is a priority as I'm not convinced by Hause or Engels.

It's possible we've had this conversation before (or with someone else). I need to stop repeating that we need a right back. I keep forgetting about Konsa and the nostalgia that gave me for our sixth place finishes under MON.

If that sounds like a joke, it's not meant to be. Konsa looked solid there and we definitely have other priorities. I of course like Elmo too—he's been great for us.

RB is an area for improvement at some point though.

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Yes , there are other areas of the team far more a priority - Freddie will be ok 

Having said what I said above, I don't agree with this though. He cannot be our starting RB—he's just not that good. He went missing so much last season and doesn't really offer that much forward or back.

I'm sure he can improve though and I admire his passion.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

I'd just really like some players that could finally get the best out of Jack Grealish. Speed and intelligence, paving the ground for some cracking interplay.

And the departure of Neil Taylor and at least one of Nyland and Kalinic. Preferably both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

All of those players I listed would easily go straight into our first 11, without any worries.

It's all about opinions but normally players take 6 months to adapt to the premier league as we saw with Luiz and many others. I personally would  not take a risk on too many players outside UK. Maybe 1 if they are top drawer.

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes they were bought by the Trinity Mirror Group. Before that you’re right they were a great local paper. Sadly no more ☹️

Yes bought by Mirror Group in 1997 the Birmingham Evening Mail used to have excellent local sport coverage. They also closed The Sports Argus in 2006, which had been in print since 1897. What they did back then was absolutely disgraceful.😡

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1