Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

19 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Not sure how old you are but sadly 25 seems young to me! Regardless - he’s done ok in his first season in the Premier League in a struggling side age 24-25. No reason to think he can’t continue getting better as he hits his peak with more experience at this level.

I'd give him an unenthusiastic-sounding ok. We don't want to be in a relegation fight next year. I'm not sure I'd say Guilbert was part of the problem or the solution this year, but that says something too. But as I say, I wouldn't get rid of him. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

What does everyone think is the least we can spend - that means we aren't struggling next season .....

£60m for me -

I think to not be struggling next season it has to be at least £100m, unless we manage to bring in some top players on loan with an option to buy. 

Ideally:

Striker - £40mil

Winger - £30mil

CM/CDM - £30m

Those are the key positions that need strengthening for me, though I wouldn't be opposed to some shrewd signings at CB, RB, LB and GK too, or possibly a loan or 2. 

But at the same time we need to spend the money well. No Joelintons or Iwobis please.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Do people really think Guilbert, on the basis of last season, is good enough to be our starting RB? He has his moments, for sure, and he has potential but we shouldn't be relying on him—neither offensively or defensively. He should be fighting someone else and he can win the spot if he keeps improving.

100% yes - he's a good player and will only get better as he's more settled.  If Elmo is around for another season(?) then a new RB really isn't needed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Origi. Im shocked so many would love him. Did anyone see his performance against us at anfield?

Our priority HAS to be wingers/wide forwards. I would put most of the budget on two pacey, creative players. In the mould of benrahma, buendia, rashica etc

Yes. He was our best player that day. Absolutely shocking.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Origi. Im shocked so many would love him. Did anyone see his performance against us at anfield?

Our priority HAS to be wingers/wide forwards. I would put most of the budget on two pacey, creative players. In the mould of benrahma, buendia, rashica etc

Absolutely this. 2 wingers are priority as we havent got any!  Striker needs to be better than what we have. I'm not sure origi is

3 hours ago, John said:

Yes bought by Mirror Group in 1997 the Birmingham Evening Mail used to have excellent local sport coverage. They also closed The Sports Argus in 2006, which had been in print since 1897. What they did back then was absolutely disgraceful.😡

My Grandad was a printer for the Evening Mail. He was one of the first men to do colour prints. He’d turn in his grave if he saw what it has become. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, vazquez said:

I would keep away from Buendia, poor man's Bannan. Light-weight and defensively abysmal. We don't have Pukki to make the clever runs for him.

Completely different players... Buendia is a right winger, Bannan is a defensive midfielder...  How much non-Villa football does the average VTer watch?  Not much, apparently...

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We should at least look at (some only if good deals):

Diego Rico (DL/ML) (Age 27)  - Bournemouth

Kevin Mbabu (DR) (Age 25) - Wolfsburg

Omar Mascarell (DM) (Age 27) - Schalke

Baptiste Santamaria (DM)(Age 25) - Angers

Filip Kostic (LM/AML/LW)(Age 27) - Frankfurt

Domenico Beradi (AMR/RW/FW) (Age 26) - Sassulo

Gerard Deulofeu (AML/R/FW) (Age 26) - Watford

Milot Raschia (LW/AML)(Agre 24) - Werder Bremen

Emeliano Buendia (MR/AMR/RW) (Age 23) - Norwich

Also, players currently reported like James McCarthy for 5m, would be an excellent squad addition, we do need some depth building, especially if the compacted COVID related seasons mean games are closer, less recovery, more chance of injury etc.

Surprised Buendia is only 23. Would love him here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skell said:

Absolutely this. 2 wingers are priority as we havent got any!  Striker needs to be better than what we have. I'm not sure origi is

I think he is, he’d be a big improvement on what we currently have as our striking options but he’d cost a lot and would want big wages. 

We’ve got Trezeguet and El Ghazi, they both played a big role in us staying up last season in my opinion. In order to improve as a team, we will need a winger to challenge both of them in my opinion 

22 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I'd say 40mill forTammy 45 at most. I do like Tammy but I also think if we can bring in much better we should do. I do not see why we cant go all out on frontline players this season and midfielders we need. I think if we can get Reina for cheap and by three possibly three more defenders, then the rest of the money can be used on the very best Strikers,Wingers and midfielders. Then what's left over we can use to upgrade our subs bench.

After sales I think that will add some coin to the league money we get and the money the Owners put in also open some places for better stars. Sell five players like Ghazi, Lansbury, Taylor, Samatta and Nakamaba, well those would be the five I'd sell and replace  Would have Barry and Vasilev come through and start playing some games as well and show everyone that Youth has a way in the team. I'd buy at least 3xWingers, 2x Strikers, 2x midfielders, Reina and 2 x defenders maybe 3.

I think we will see 5, maximum 6 additions if Jack stays. 2 Strikers, 1 or 2 wingers, a GK and maybe another CB. I dont see anyone leaving unless we can offload Lansbury. I would like to see Davis out on loan.

56 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I love Guilbert, but he's only good enough to be a backup/rotation option right now.  He could turn out to be a great RB, given time, but I think a new RB should be on our shopping list this summer.

1 Striker

2 Starting Wingers

1 Box to Box Midfielder

1 Right Back

1 Goalkeeper

He's better than targett. He is underrated on here. Among the best tacklers in the league and whilst his crosses aren't great his runs free up a lot of space and he still has a couple of assists this season as well

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I think Jayden Bogle at Derby looks a decent young prospect. Might be good back-up / competition for Guilbert.

I have mentioned Bogle many times on here, as he’s a great prospect. Know a few Derby fans and they really rate him.  Won’t come cheap but probably cheaper than Max Aarons.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is, he’d be a big improvement on what we currently have as our striking options but he’d cost a lot and would want big wages. 

We’ve got Trezeguet and El Ghazi, they both played a big role in us staying up last season in my opinion. In order to improve as a team, we will need a winger to challenge both of them in my opinion 

I'm not sure what you thought El Ghazi did to help us stay up, Trez obviously scored goals but his.overall quality is not good enough. I dont want them anywhere near the starting 11.  We need another striker. There must.be better than Origi

• Like 1

Just now, skell said:

I'm not sure what you thought El Ghazi did to help us stay up, Trez obviously scored goals but his.overall quality is not good enough. I dont want them anywhere near the starting 11.  We need another striker. There must.be better than Origi

El Ghazi also scored goals, 4 in the league including winner against Everton, a goal in win against Newcastle and a goal in a draw against Burnley... 

This thing about going for Premier League experienced players just for the sake of it seems a little strange to me

Our squad going into last season, we had some some prem experience in Heaton, Taylor, Elmo, Lansbury and Drinkwater - none of which were good enough to feature properly bar Heaton

Just getting it for the sake of it so we can say we bought Prem experience is what backfired when we went down a few years ago. 

It needs to be proper proven players like Cahill would have been last summer, not these journeymen type looking for a last pay day that were never particularly good in the first place