Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes all them shitty defenders from the continent, maybe we should try sign some overpriced British "steel" like John Stones or Michael Keane. 

Dont think any British defender be in the 10 or 20 in the world. 

Looking down on foreign players is a bit Brexity if ask me

Duh, but in 1982 all our defenders were from Britain 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes all them shitty defenders from the continent, maybe we should try sign some overpriced British "steel" like John Stones or Michael Keane. 

When your baseline for a good team is one from around 40 years ago it’s probably understandable why you’d prefer British players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

What is your opinion of Seamus Coleman and Shane Duffy?

1 hour ago, TRO said:

"We just need to stay up" is the hugest task we have..and it has many conotations.

many of our players lack the nose to sniff out danger, fail to pick up their man etc, etc,

defensively, we are woeful.....and yet still, looking for fancy names from the continent.

These kind of players are ok, when there is a platform / defensive structure for  them to thrive in.....not ditching their natural game to casually get their foot in.

Firstly, we need steel.....to deny the opposition......then and only then, can we add the sugar coated play we all enjoy......we have done it the wrong way around.

we have 2 full backs who allow crosses to come in to the box at an alarming rate...check the Southampton game, as just an example...it was shocking.

We need to get our priorities right.

Duje Ćaleta-Car is a defender in the mould of Vidic and better than what we have. Sanson would be a huge upgrade on Nakamba. Rashica is next level to AEG & Trezequet And Mateta is an upgrade on Wesley. Surely the priority is upgrading ? It’s nit about fancy foreign names it’s about better players ...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What is your opinion of Seamus Coleman and Shane Duffy?

That they are not British 😉

Coleman would improve us but is past it at the top level, thanks Neil Taylor. Duffy is a brave player and would be a fan favourite 

Duffy is probably the best player in the league at attracking the ball in the air but he lacks pace and technique for the Premier League

Edited by Zatman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That they are not British 😉

Coleman would improve us but is past it at the top level, thanks Neil Taylor. Duffy is a brave player and would be a fan favourite but lacks pace and technique for the Premier League

Of course, basic Geography there :( thanks for giving me your opinion, I trust you, do you think either of those players would improve Villa?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Of course, basic Geography there :( thanks for giving me your opinion, I trust you, do you think either of those players would improve Villa?

Short term yeah but long term I dont think so. Don't on our radar either 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Short term yeah but long term I dont think so. Don't on our radar either 

I think you have great football knowledge worldwide, (here is the hard part) could you think of players that we could realistically buy that could improve us?

3 hours ago, TRO said:

But your point still centres around our ability to buy....right......all the money in the world, won't do that.

If we continue with a low grade of talent spotter, then we have to be prudent with money, because we can't afford to keep signing near misses, who only produce a portion of what we want.

somewhere between the talent spotter and the coaching, we are not getting it right on the field.

Well, if FFP is less stringent this coming season, and we stay up, i think we should comfortably be able to buy a) proven players and b) some development players.

Hopefully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Duje Ćaleta-Car is a defender in the mould of Vidic and better than what we have. Sanson would be a huge upgrade on Nakamba. Rashica is next level to AEG & Trezequet And Mateta is an upgrade on Wesley. Surely the priority is upgrading ? It’s nit about fancy foreign names it’s about better players ...

apologies.....you enlighten me.

anything close to vidic will do for me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would anyone take Ethan Ampadu? He’s currently on loan at Leipzig from Chelsea, he’s 19 years old and is versatile. He can play at centre back and defensive midfield 

He’s always ace in championship manager. Sadly that’s my only barometer but it’s more due diligence than we used to do under Randy!

• Haha 1

Ampadu was linked last summer wasn't he? He can also play DM. Hasn't played a huge amount at Lepizig (did start their first leg v Spurs) but played 13 times for Wales already.

If we'd picked up him and Gary Cahill last summer I'd be surprised if our defensive stats would've been as bad as they are now.

Really needed a steady eddie experienced head next to Mings. Could've still had guys like Engels and Hause as back up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ampadu was linked last summer wasn't he? He can also play DM. Hasn't played a huge amount at Lepizig (did start their first leg v Spurs) but played 13 times for Wales already.

If we'd picked up him and Gary Cahill last summer I'd be surprised if our defensive stats would've been as bad as they are now.

Really needed a steady eddie experienced head next to Mings. Could've still had guys like Engels and Hause as back up.

I don’t think Cahill would have chosen us over Palace anyway. They would have offered him much higher wages than we could afford.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t think Cahill would have chosen us over Palace anyway. They would have offered him much higher wages than we could afford.

I think Cahill would have a soft spot for us seeing as it was where he began his career

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Also staying in London would have been a deciding factor.  He had barely played last season so would have been a bit of a risk because of that too.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

According to the reports in the summer DS and Suso actually decided against pursuing our interest in him so perhaps he was willing. He didn't join Palace until early August so indicates he was talking to a few other clubs before then.

Certainly we've needed an experience head at the back, more so when Mings got injured of the xmas period and we were shipping 3 a game on a regular basis.

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would anyone take Ethan Ampadu? He’s currently on loan at Leipzig from Chelsea, he’s 19 years old and is versatile. He can play at centre back and defensive midfield 

Doubt Chelsea would sell him and we said we're moving away from those kind of loans

He's maybe another 2 seasons away but I can see him breaking through in Chelseas nothing special defence 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Doubt Chelsea would sell him and we said we're moving away from those kind of loans

He's maybe another 2 seasons away but I can see him breaking through in Chelseas nothing special defence 

Loaning a promising young player who has been nurtured by Exeter City becoming their youngest ever player at 15 years old and then being poached by Chelsea. Subsequently, he went on to play for Chelsea’s first team, I think loaning him would be a great idea, he’s very good on the ball, he has a great future in the game. 

You don’t rate Antonio Rudiger or Andreas Christensen? I think they’re both excellent players

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Loaning a promising young player who has been nurtured by Exeter City becoming their youngest ever player at 15 years old and then being poached by Chelsea. Subsequently, he went on to play for Chelsea’s first team, I think loaning him would be a great idea, he’s very good on the ball, he has a great future in the game. 

You don’t rate Antonio Rudiger or Andreas Christensen? I think they’re both excellent players

I think he has a great future but not with us so what's the point? Would prefer to give konsa games, he won't be at the same level but at least he's ours

Rudiger is ropey imo and not a top level CL defender, squad player he's OK, depends what Chelsea want to do, stay top 4 and let klopp and pep do their thing or try and step up and join them, if you say 4 cbs then that's Rudiger, Christensen, tomori and zouma, that's not at the level required to crack the top 2

Ampadu has every chance of breaking in to that team 

Edited by villa4europe