sne

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Best eleven if we got all our main targets, including last season

-----------------Heaton--------------

Cash---Konsa--Mings--Targett

-----------------Phillips-------------------

---------------McGinn--Luiz---------------

Watkins-------Maupay-------Grealish

Surely Rashica would be somewhere, maybe Edouard. Also definitely Webster over Konsa/Engels and perhaps Butland over Heaton 😀

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I know I’d get absolutely battered for this, but I’d take Troy Deeney for a year on a free.

He’d chip in with 10-12 goals I’m sure.

No, he doesn't like us very much (see below) and the feeling is mutual.

image.jpeg.24b8d55c568abd5a2756c1d3c3485fae.jpeg image.jpeg.a258c6470fb0fe5bdc6102eac026cb8b.jpeg image.jpeg.9474625b386fcc1a6a1ee3190d571846.jpeg

3 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Not sure how you get 8 a season because that's over 5 and a half seasons of playing for Watford which calculates at about 5 goals a season (nowhere near Wesleys average)

Wesley: 52 goals in 6 season (8.6 per season / 0.23 goals per game).

Deeney: 168 goals in 14 seasons (12 per season / 0.3 goals per game).

Deeney? Seriously? Have people learned nothing from signing the likes of Richards and Lescott that time?

He's 32 and a big lad (I don't mean fat, I mean a wider stronger shape than a standard footballer). He is liable to get injured more easily in the next few seasons as the body start its natural decline if he keeps up his all action style of play. Look at the footballers who prolonged their careers until their mid-30s and beyond. None of them had Deeney's shape or style of play. It would be an horrendous signing even without the fact that he hates the club with a passion.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why are penalties excluded?

If we retain the most fouled player in the league next season then a good penalty taker would be a good thing wouldn’t it?

Even excluding penalties that’s about 8 goals a season. He’d be top scorer for us with that, with penalties to go on top. Win win.

As I said, I don’t expect the majority to be in the same page as me. I just thought for little financial risk an experienced striker in this league might be a useful addition on a short term deal.

We hate him and he hates us.

I couldn't think of a less likely transfer.

• Like 1

I actually think Deeney seems like a funny bloke and quite enjoy his banter with our fans and team. But anyone trying to argue he scores enough goals is deluding themselves. And even arguing he puts in the effort and has the right attitude is a stretch these days - Watford fans hated him by the end of the season. No chance are we signing him.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, John said:

If Martinez goes the same way as the link to Romero, has anyone got any thoughts on less costly signings, that would be willing to move to us and could do a solid job, until Heaton is match fit? 

How about Bartosz Bialowski from Milwall or  Marko Marosi from Coventry for example? 

Talk of Finnish keeper at Brescia, Jesse Joronen

Good stopper, these clips rarely show keepers coming and collecting corners and crosses. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wesley: 52 goals in 6 season (8.6 per season / 0.23 goals per game).

Deeney: 168 goals in 14 seasons (12 per season / 0.3 goals per game).

In the Premiership? Deeney has scored 48 (inc 19 penalties) in 163 games. Wesley has scored 5 in 20 games

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Even if Deeney wasn't an absolute scumbag who hated us as much as we hate him, he's actually also a terrible player who is completely and utterly finished. He is slow, has the turning circle of an oil tanker, the first touch of a rapist and he can't even hold the ball up or win headers. When he played against us last at Villa park he didn't win a header against our centre backs all night long. He pretty much only scores penalties and every single one is a "smash it down the middle and hope for the best" type of penalty that is used by those with no footballing ability. He's awful. Awful, awful player.

Not a fan then, mate?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Even if Deeney wasn't an absolute scumbag who hated us as much as we hate him, he's actually also a terrible player who is completely and utterly finished. He is slow, has the turning circle of an oil tanker, the first touch of a rapist and he can't even hold the ball up or win headers. When he played against us last at Villa park he didn't win a header against our centre backs all night long. He pretty much only scores penalties and every single one is a "smash it down the middle and hope for the best" type of penalty that is used by those with no footballing ability. He's awful. Awful, awful player. And his body is completely knackered.

Couldn't possibly have put it better myself. Well said that man!!!

• Like 1