Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If it's King, so be it. He's decent and better than what we have but we need to stop dragging the arse out of this. Villa hierarchy would of been in contact with folk at Bournemouth over the last week regarding Wilson. If they held an interest in King though as an alternative ( which you'd hope they did , concerning if not ) then they must know the number they want. We can't play back and forth again for another week. If we know want Bournemouth value him, pay it . We need a striker in. Badly.

But he’s not. Sorry we are desperate but he’s not.

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I value your opinion highly however i only disagree with batshuayi as i wouldn’t want him as our main forward he’s inconsistency would be a problem .. im worried, concerned and disappointed as we need to bring in FIVE new signings minimum and we only have ONE and its not in a position which is a priority such as striker and winger. I just dont know why we have limited ourselves to links in the UK .. other than Rashica there really hasnt been any players we have been closely linked with.

I feel Watkins will be signed by Thursday if he isnt well i wont be that disappointed because quite frankly i dont know what im gonna get with him in the Premier League however i would like to see him given the chance and im not writing him off .. just that i didnt see any long range strikes and a couple turns out the box and a few curl strikes hit the back of the net .. i didnt see many varieties just seen benrahma put it in the box and him getting on the end of it 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yeah no one really knows how Watkins will take to the Prem if we sign him. We have to remember that such amazing strikers like Rudy Gestede and Ross McCormack once scored 20 goals at that level. I don't think Watkins looks anything like those types of player but it's whether he can make that step up. Dwight Gayle for example has a really good attitude, he's one of those players that is lethal in the Championship but completely ineffective in the PL. Watkins could be the same. 

Then you've got players like Batshuayi whose career has gone downhill but was once one of the most promising strikers in Europe. I personally think he could be revived if he gets game time and confidence and if we don't go for him he'll end up doing that somewhere else. But our opinions are all different. 

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

I think the years of puns are eventually catching up with us , cash and king in same window

Just need Johnny from Wolves now and Tom Carroll back on loan and we can have Johnny Cash and Caroll King puns until we go claret and blue in the face. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think you are so eager to argue you totally missed the point of my post.

I'm talking in particular about links to Wilson, King etc as the second (SAFE) striking option in the pursuit for "2 strikers" .

I'm not counting Watkins as he is an exciting young player and i'm pretty confident we will get him.

I think they are also looking for a "Solid" inexpensive option with knowledge of the Premier League who will average 8 - 12 goals in addition to the likes of Watkins.

My point is I would abandon that strategy, in favour of a foreign option,  at this point before going way too far down the list of "Safe" options for that position.

No I’m not ‘eager to argue’.

If this is true it is as clear as day that the club just aren’t prepared to pay for our top 5 transfer targets and are settling for our cheaper bottom five.

This could always be a cunning ruse but until we sign Edouard or Watkins I doubt it.

Just now, nick76 said:

Very funny!

It actually feels like Villa are trolling me at the moment 🤣

Mate, this is what I get whenever I post something that is remotely critical.

Oh, like we were t going to sign Rashica and then get told I’m arrogant for saying I was right about that.