Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

Another week gone by and our best available strikers are still Samatta and KD, and still no winger to compete with AEG and Trez. Getting slightly worrying now.

Connor still in our starting midfield too! Still lots to do. Cash is a good start but plenty still required 

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Another week gone by and our best available strikers are still Samatta and KD, and still no winger to compete with AEG and Trez. Getting slightly worried now.

If we don't sign two forward players (winger/striker) and a midfielder by mid/end of next week, I will be concerned.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Can someone jog my memory, I’m sure I read a quote somewhere that Dean was looking to bring in 5+ players. Might have been last season, but considering we escaped relegation by the barest of margins and the new season is literally upon us, they are playing it very cool.

i understand the process may be hard bringing in players, negotiations etc. But you’ve had 6 weeks, why is it coming down to a week before the season starts that our only transfer is a position we’re fairly competent in. If Brentford are playing hard to get with Watkins then sack him off. Don’t we pay scouts ridiculous amounts of money to find these players (excluding Samatta 👀). Technically us as a fan base have recommended Watkins, same with Benrahma.

I still have faith, although it may not sound like it. I’m just not sure what they’re playing at. We are screaming out for a goal scorer at the very least

Is Zaha staying then? Nobody seems to be in for him. Obviously he was annoyed at not leaving last summer but then didn’t do himself any favours by having a pretty quiet summer. I assumed they’d bought Eze as a replacement but maybe just strengthening. 

You’d have thought they’d want a striker as Benteke isn’t exactly Gary Goals these days! 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Is Zaha staying then? Nobody seems to be in for him. Obviously he was annoyed at not leaving last summer but then didn’t do himself any favours by having a pretty quiet summer. I assumed they’d bought Eze as a replacement but maybe just strengthening. 

You’d have thought they’d want a striker as Benteke isn’t exactly Gary Goals these days! 

Think Dortmund were looking at him if Sancho goes

• Like 1

Just now, thejoker said:

Turning into a bit of a shambles... 

I’m really worried now, we are failing to attract players. Watkins will surely stay in London if the offer is there. I think we will regret missing out on Wilson. I dread to think what our next striker targets are going to be. I have a feeling that we do not have anywhere near the amount of money that was speculated. 

Just now, grobs said:

I’m really worried now, we are failing to attract players. Watkins will surely stay in London if the offer is there. I think we will regret missing out on Wilson. I dread to think what our next striker targets are going to be. I have a feeling that we do not have anywhere near the amount of money that was speculated. 

Said it before.

Is Smith a big enough profile to attract the players?

• Like 2

Just now, villalad21 said:

Said it before.

Is Smith a big enough profile to attract the players?

I hoped initially that the ambition the players had been speaking about and the vision the club would try to sell to potential targets would be enough. Now I agree with you, imagine being offered the choice between working with Jose or dean smith 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Turning into a bit of a shambles... 

That would be the right thing to do about Wilson, in those circumstances. If Watkins prefers to stay in London and sit on a bench watching Harry play, I would be disappointed with that attitude, but he's probably equally disappointed that we haven't signed him yet.   

• Like 1