Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If people want to believe some guy on twitter go ahead. 

I've done it previously but I've not seen anything to suggest this guy is legit. Seeing a kit means little in knowing about incoming players.

I remember when his account started a few years back, and he swore he was a genuine ITK, but came out with so many false and ridiculous rumours it looked like a 12-year-old’s account.

I reckon he now just gets the odd bit of info via DM, and then has to decide whether to share it as true or not. The problem is, any number of bullshitters could be DM’ing him.

• Like 1

Pretty sure if I stayed off VT and newsnow for an entire day we'd sign players right and left.

This is like the times I don't watch us play. We always turn up. ALWAYS. Swear the only reason we stayed up is cause I didn't watch anything post Covid-19 break. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, cb_82 said:

I pick up bits an pieces but never share anything due to the que of people ready to shoot you down however I have heard pretty much the same inc medicals booked although I believe one may be a goalkeeper on loan so maybe not that exciting - Again only what ive heard

I also believe a goalkeeper on loan is likely to happen.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty sure if I stayed off VT and newsnow for an entire day we'd sign players right and left.

This is like the times I don't watch us play. We always turn up. ALWAYS. Swear the only reason we stayed up is cause I didn't watch anything post Covid-19 break. 

Bye, bye, then. 

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You ever considered supporting Blues?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Also why would we cancel negotiations because it leaked to the press? That makes no sense.

Those of us above a certain age will remember us agreeing a fee for Les Ferdinand; but it turned out we were just doing the donkey work for Newcastle, and he ended up going there. 1995 I think. We wasted time and effort in targeting him, when he was never really going to come here. 

There is no reason for a player or their agent to leak something unless it was in similar circumstances; in which case, we should move on.

If the leak was internal to Villa; that wouldn't stop negotiations. And the club does have some power with journos, which they might have exercised in order to stop the leak being published. Reputable journos are happy to hold off (probably in return for better access or an interview), as a rumour isn't worth that much to them.

-----------------------------------Edouard -------------------------------

Benrahma -------------------------------------------------- Rashica

------------------------------------ Jack -----------------------------------

-------------------McGinn -------------------- Luiz --------------------

Targett ---------- Mings ------------Konsa ---------- Guilbert

---------------------------------- Heaton ---------------------------------

Steer, Nyland, Hause, Elmo, Taylor, Engels, Nakamba, Lansbury, Hourihane, ELG, Trez, Wes, Samatta, Davis

Assuming Hogan, Kalinic, Bree, and Jota are gone. Think we need some more steel in the middle.

• Like 1

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Steer, Nyland, Hause, Elmo, Taylor, Engels, Nakamba, Lansbury, Hourihane, ELG, Trez, Wes, Samatta, Davis

Assuming Hogan, Kalinic, Bree, and Jota are gone. Think we need some more steel in the middle.

I like that team, but I’d have concerns around people getting through our midfield. Also, we know Smith likes 4-3-3. So we’d more likely have to put Jack into Hourihane’s position, which would feel like a bit of a waste.

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Dream Team.

Maybe a better RB too would be the cherry on the cake for me. But if we have a squad that looks remotely like that when the window shuts then we'd be in a very good place going forward.

• Like 1

Linked again to Chelsea u23 midfielder Conor Gallagher who was on loan at Swansea and Charlton last season. Never seen him but apparently he had a good season.

Only turned 20 this year so one for the future I guess.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I like this, but I'd rather have Jack on the left and a quality midfielder in a 4-3-3.

Does Rashica usually play on the right though? I haven't seen anything other than YouTube compilations and it looked to me like he's more comfortable on the left. 

I think it's naive to think that we just need to strengthen our attack and we'll go from a team that barely escaped relegation to a team that's comfortably midtable which is the aim for next season.  I'm expecting us to strenghten defence, midfield and attack.