Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

18 minutes ago, Trickster said:

It's not him. He pretends that he is but it's not. The original guy also knew mostly incomings because of the medicals, he didn't speculate otherwise. He never claimed many outgoings. His way of posting is different too.

We shall see won’t we.

Just now, Spoony said:

Tbh the villa report guy is probably the best source on twitter as it saves the said trawling and because he adds his source you can immediately take a view on whether it’s worth even looking at. 

Totally agree, it’s the only account I have alerts turned on for. No need to bother with Percy at the Torygraph or talksh*te 

39 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not the big news btw. I thought he was already contracted he through next season?

That clause is in our contract with Man City to buy him, not our contract with Luiz. How would a new contract for Luiz remove a clause that was in our contract with Man City?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

That clause is in our contract with Man City to buy him, not our contract with Luiz. How would a new contract for Luiz remove a clause that was in our contract with Man City?

You’re right it wouldn’t.

Small little things like that seem not to be understood by a professional journalist at a national newspaper....

24 minutes ago, Farlz said:

There seems to be far more pretend ITKs/journos this window than usual. They haven't got the slightest clue and yet twitter just laps it up. 

Muted a fair few accounts over the past few days so I don't have to constantly see it. 

I've seen a Villa forum with 89 pages of Rashica speculation

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

It is a shame because with the FFP relief next season this is a rare opportunity for us to benefit from our backers, but this window will be much more subdued than what everyone is hoping for, solely because we cannot attract the type of player that we need to improve.

We so desperately need a proper striker and a set of wingers, but in reality we are just not going to be able to tempt the calibre of player we need to really kick on, so it is going to be marginal, more incremental progress at best. 

Agreed. Mid table consolidation this season, then kick on a little further each season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve not seen him play but I just don’t think the point re Cahill is justified given Cahill had proven himself capable in the PL and whatever his potential he hasn’t yet made an appearance.

Commenting on potential, or lack thereof, without having seen someone play?  So you base your opinion 9n what, that he hasn't got as much potential?

Having been a goalkeeper, and goalkeeping coach in the past, and having seen Sarkic for our u23 and during his loan spells, i can safely say the lad has significant potential.

You say Cahill was proven at )L level, but the villa coaching staff at the time felt he wasn't ready for a team competing in the top half, so you think your judgement of his readiness is superior to the villa coaching staff at the time?  In hindsight perhaps, but hindsight is 20-20.

Fact is, Cahill struggled for large parts of his villa career, and was let ho because he wasn't good enough to be on our bench most of the time.

Sarkic probably isn't quite ready for the PL yet, but as goalies go, hes still an infant.  I'd still say he is at least 9n par, ability wise, with Steer and Nyland, and only game time will see him progress.  I'd have much rather we played Sarkic than Reina, think it would have done him the world of good, but any chance of that went when he refused to sign a new contract after being recalled, and then effectively replaced by Reina.

Can't recall Reina making any saves that Sarkic wouldn't have made, and its not as though Reina made no mistakes.  Whilst I am sure he had a massive impact in the dressing room, his performances on the pitch were bang average at best, and I believe blooding a good prospect would have served us better in the long run.

Don't fool yourself into thinking the staff at Villa didn't rate him, because he left.  There were attempts by the club to sign him on an extended contract into may/june, but the player felt badly treated and refused, and I back him in that.  Should never have been recalled.l, and had he not been, i'd wager he'd still be a villa player today.

The situation was handled poorly by the club, we've lost a talent, and i hope its not on a level with Cahill in 4/5 years.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

There seems to be far more pretend ITKs/journos this window than usual. They haven't got the slightest clue and yet twitter just laps it up. 

Muted a fair few accounts over the past few days so I don't have to constantly see it. 

Its gone mad; even JulieB has returned to her weird ways of trying to be a "transfer detective" 

Defo be some bodies under the patio by the time the window comes round

All we need now is Shelley to raise her head and start abusing everyone who doesnt have a poster of Remi Garde hanging over their beds and itll be like normal villa social media service has resumed