Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Commenting on potential, or lack thereof, without having seen someone play?  So you base your opinion 9n what, that he hasn't got as much potential?

Having been a goalkeeper, and goalkeeping coach in the past, and having seen Sarkic for our u23 and during his loan spells, i can safely say the lad has significant potential.

You say Cahill was proven at )L level, but the villa coaching staff at the time felt he wasn't ready for a team competing in the top half, so you think your judgement of his readiness is superior to the villa coaching staff at the time?  In hindsight perhaps, but hindsight is 20-20.

Fact is, Cahill struggled for large parts of his villa career, and was let ho because he wasn't good enough to be on our bench most of the time.

Sarkic probably isn't quite ready for the PL yet, but as goalies go, hes still an infant.  I'd still say he is at least 9n par, ability wise, with Steer and Nyland, and only game time will see him progress.  I'd have much rather we played Sarkic than Reina, think it would have done him the world of good, but any chance of that went when he refused to sign a new contract after being recalled, and then effectively replaced by Reina.

Can't recall Reina making any saves that Sarkic wouldn't have made, and its not as though Reina made no mistakes.  Whilst I am sure he had a massive impact in the dressing room, his performances on the pitch were bang average at best, and I believe blooding a good prospect would have served us better in the long run.

Don't fool yourself into thinking the staff at Villa didn't rate him, because he left.  There were attempts by the club to sign him on an extended contract into may/june, but the player felt badly treated and refused, and I back him in that.  Should never have been recalled.l, and had he not been, i'd wager he'd still be a villa player today.

The situation was handled poorly by the club, we've lost a talent, and i hope its not on a level with Cahill in 4/5 years.

Fack this transfer lark let's have a guessing game on who Flashingqwerty is....:lol: Hayne Wenderson?😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Aston Villa will make their first signing by Friday at 12pm. The signing is in the final stages and will be announced Friday at the latest.

Still a price with the selling club to be agreed, which could scupper the deal. And personal terms with the player haven't been agreed yet, so there's every chance it could fall down there too.

But if all that goes to plan, then we'll have a signing by Friday. But of course it might not go to plan in which case we won't.

#StevoITK

Rash ;)?

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The only "Huge news" re Grealish if not contract related I can think off would be that he's off, or we've had a big offer.

As I'm assuming if it were related to him staying it would go hand in hand with a new contract.

Can't be him leaving since good ole Brad Jones winked at someone asking if it were good news for Villa. 

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Can't be him leaving since good ole Brad Jones winked at someone asking if it were good news for Villa. 

I noticed that afterwards - with some scrolling.

However alot of the tweets almost seem to conflict with each other. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The only "Huge news" re Grealish if not contract related I can think off would be that he's off, or we've had a big offer.

As I'm assuming if it were related to him staying it would go hand in hand with a new contract.

"Jack is staying".

7 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'd like us to do a double raid on Brentford getting Benrahma and Watkins, then a triple raid on Watford taking Huges, Deulofeu and Dawson, then as a bonus spunk what we have left on Edouard!

Are yes Huges, very good player.....😀

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Full of shit and an idiot. 

Luiz would be here next season without signing a new contract. 

He means the current deal would be EXTENDED by a year if a new improved contract was signed.

Edited by thunderball

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Haha Hughes then! I hope Shakespeare will convince us to buy him and the two others.

Wouldn't mind Hughes tbh. Think he would fit in well - wonder what the fee would be though.

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Wouldn't mind Hughes tbh. Think he would fit in well - wonder what the fee would be though.

Yeah he is a really good player, hasn't kicked on as much as I would have thought after leaving Derby though. Thought he would be a full international by now. But he is still young and can only get better, seems as if Shakespeare has high thoughts of him as well. I think he would fit well in to the left in a three man midfield. Very difficult to say what the fee would be in this market, if now anyone knows what the current market looks like! Do you think £15M would be to low?

Edited by Keener window-cleaner