Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Apparently he recommended Son for Spurs and Mahrez for Leicester, and is very much into his data analysis. Sounds like a positive move. Rob Mackenzie that is.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The only wingers to score more than 15 goals in the last decade are:

The aforementioned Hazard

Salah

Mane

Alexis Sanchez

Sterling

Gareth Bale

Riyadh Mahrez

In today's market, they'd all be 80m+.

They are not really “wingers” in the traditional sense are they, same as Benrahma. They are forwards.

No point in going over and over it. It’s my view, same as someone else pointed out, if we blow our transfer budget on players from lower leagues and inferior foreign leagues we’ll struggle again (IMO). 

Just now, Genie said:

They are not really “wingers” in the traditional sense are they, same as Benrahma. They are forwards.

No point in going over and over it. It’s my view, same as someone else pointed out, if we blow our transfer budget on players from lower leagues and inferior foreign leagues we’ll struggle again (IMO). 

Fine, wide forwards, whatever it's just semantics. They're not the same as center forwards, who are the ones who typically would bag 20+ goals. Mane scoring 20 goals isn't exactly the same as Danny Ings scoring 20 is it?

Which 17 goal wide forward from a top league do you suggest we can get, that will incredibly also cost less than the 25-30m quoted for Benrahma? (Please don't list center forwards again).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Fine, wide forwards, whatever it's just semantics. They're not the same as center forwards, who are the ones who typically would bag 20+ goals. Mane scoring 20 goals isn't exactly the same as Danny Ings scoring 20 is it?

Which 17 goal wide forward from a top league do you suggest we can get, that will incredibly also cost less than the 25-30m quoted for Benrahma? (Please don't list center forwards again).

Marc Albrighton, maybe not 17 goals but would create a lot too

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

If we blow £50m on 2 Championship players then I’m worried we’ve not learned our lesson.

At that kind of price they HAVE to make the step up, which is a risk and it’s pressure. 

I don't think we will buy both of them for the precise reasons you have suggested.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Albrighton and Tammy, £50-£55m combined. 20-30 goals combined. 
I’d much rather those personally.

Is Albrighton on a free or something? And does Tammy want to leave + do Chelsea want to sell him?

And do Leicester want to sell Albrighton?

And do these players want to come to us?

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Marc Albrighton, maybe not 17 goals but would create a lot too

30 year old Marc Albrighton who got 0 goals and 5 assists all season? Compare that to El Ghazi, for example,  whogot 6 goals and 7 assists in a much worse team.

Yeah, it's a no thanks to Albrighton, especially compared to Benrahma.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Is Albrighton on a free or something? And does Tammy want to leave + do Chelsea want to sell him?

And do Leicester want to sell Albrighton?

And do these players want to come to us?

You can copy and paste those questions into every football transfer thread on every clubs message board in the country. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

30 year old Marc Albrighton who got 0 goals and 5 assists all season? Compare that to El Ghazi, for example,  whogot 6 goals and 7 assists in a much worse team.

Yeah, it's a no thanks to Albrighton, especially compared to Benrahma.

Tbh I don’t mind AEG, he’s not the worst of our issues (as the stats show). 

48 minutes ago, imavillan said:

You miss my point.

Now we have managed to stay up by the skin of our teeth with the 3 players who are Prem level we need to be aiming our sights higher with our signings.

We have rich owners.

When Man City and Chelsea were in this position they didn't raid Brentford or the rest of the championship !!!!

There was no FFP, there were only established Top 4 (now they’re top 6, atleast another 2 in a level themselves). We aren’t established PL team yet. Most teams are good financially and no one would sell their best player for a reasonable amount. We can only attract half decent players and with FFP we can’t depend on getting names for the sake of it and not look at future (Chelsea and City used to get old players by then). We’re more likely to do the Spurs way which we should’ve done in Lerner days. 

• Like 1