Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

You can copy and paste those questions into every football transfer thread on every clubs message board in the country. 

And I doubt many clubs could get Abraham because he won't want to go to them and they won't want to spend the massive amount of money he'd cost.

Was talking to my friend who works at Chelsea today as I bumped into her on my way to the post office ... I asked her if she knew anything about Tammy  coming to Villa , she said I’ve not heard anything but I hope so cause he’s shit .... she did elaborate a little and say he didn’t have a good attitude and was too greedy and over rates himself 

obviously that isn’t the official  Chelsea view but I suspect it’s a general view within the club 

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I have really gone off Benrahma, I just think for the money it isn't worth the risk, there is much less risk for the same or better level of player for the same money

It's no more of a risk than buying someone from a foreign league. Also the likes of Maddison, Grealish and Bowen have adapted to the PL and all had worse ratings than benrahma over the course of a season in the championship. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

Marc Albrighton, maybe not 17 goals but would create a lot too

I honestly can't tell if you're serious. In his whole career, Marc Albrighton has only ever hit double figures for combined goals and assists, let alone a single category, just once, and that was in his debut season as a 20 year old in 2010 (5 goals 8 assists).

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Was talking to my friend who works at Chelsea today as I bumped into her on my way to the post office ... I asked her if she knew anything about Tammy  coming to Villa , she said I’ve not heard anything but I hope so cause he’s shit .... she did elaborate a little and say he didn’t have a good attitude and was too greedy and over rates himself 

obviously that isn’t the official  Chelsea view but I suspect it’s a general view within the club 

With the way Villa fans on social media shamelessly cream themselves over him and constantly make "Bring him home posts" i'm not surprised he "feels himself". lol

Absolute cringe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

Mason Mount, Ross Barkley, and Maddison don't play in central midfield for England, they play off the strikers, as they're wingers/no.10 type players, not central midfielders. Grealish could get away with playing central midfield in the championship but not in the premier league, it's just a complete waste of his talent.

they are more "inside forwards" in old football terminology.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With the way Villa fans on social media shamelessly cream themselves over him and constantly make "Bring him home posts" i'm not surprised he "feels himself". lol

Absolute cringe.

I think we are no more interested in signing Tammy Abraham than we are in signing me. He did well for about two thirds of the season with us in the Championship and started well for Chelsea last season before tailing off again. He wants a huge amount of money in wages and I believe Chelsea are looking for some mugs to off load him on for £40m. I’m hoping that with our recent appointments we are now savvy enough to not be the mugs. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I don’t think so. 
Tammy Abraham, Danny Ings, Chris Wood, Calvert-Lewin, Jimenez would all cost less (not saying we should buy them specifically)

None of them are wingers?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's no more of a risk than buying someone from a foreign league. Also the likes of Maddison, Grealish and Bowen have adapted to the PL and all had worse ratings than benrahma over the course of a season in the championship. 

If I am going to spend over 30 million on him I could also get Buendia, Sarr, Rashica for the same or less.

15-20m gets you Eze who is a few years younger too

If Abraham was available for £40m I'd have no hesitation in signing him, but truth be told Chelsea will probably want more than that for him, I know I would if he was a Villa player. For this is a player that last season scored 15 in 34 appearances, or to put it another way he scored fifteen goals in 2222 minutes of premier league football, that's about 22 games worth of football, that's a seriously impressive strike rate. His form only dipped in the towards the end of the season because he was playing less because of the form of Giroud.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Yes and the 'we' that are saying that are demonstrably wrong, our form with Grealish in midfield has been woeful, and his form is nowhere near as good as it is when he plays out wide. Why people would want to move our top goal scorer and our best assiter into a position where he doesn't get assists or goals I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure if Grealish stays there's no way that Smith will be playing him in central midfield, not on a regular basis anyway.

He got 3 assists in 12 games in the middle compared to 3 assists in 18 out wide. And he wouldn't be playing the same role he would be playing as a number 10 rather than a number 8. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Benrahma would be a good signing, but lets not pretend that after the wingers that the Manchester clubs could sign he's the next best option, he's 25 the highest level he's played at is championship level, and plenty of wingers have looked like world beaters at that level and not been able to replicate that form in the premier league, so I think people concerns about us paying big money for him are well founded.

I'd much prefer us to go for Sarr.

What and spend 35-40 million on player who scored 4 goals and got 4 assists. We already have that in el ghazi and let's face it if our team had decent finishing he should have ended up with 8 goals and 8 assists. 

52 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Hopefully they won’t want too much then. SJM giving him a quick atomic-wedgie at BMH will bring Tammy back down to earth again. Too much time in ‘that London‘ is bad for anyone, he’ll get over it. 

Sarr has proven that he can perform well at premier league level, he looks like he can make something happen every time he gets on the ball, Benraham is a very good player, and I think he'd do okay in the premier league and wouldn't be at all disappointed if we signed him, but I think a player of Sarr's type is more what we need, especially now we've become more defensively minded-it's going to be even more useful for us to have players with pace in the team that can help us turn defence into attack.

• Thanks 2

Compare:

Samatta

Grealish                                            Trezeguet

Hourihane      McGinn

Luiz

To:

New CF/Watkins

Benrahma                              Watkins/Buendia?

Grealish      

McGinn       Luiz

I certainly wouldn’t complain! That’s a considerable improvement!

Personally, I’d just like us to get the best possible players we can manage to entice to the club. 

No real/major objection to Watkins (though, if I’m being completely honest, I personally would have liked/expected us to set our sights higher) but I would hope we are also, at least, either getting a really good RW or CF in addition to him, if indeed that is happening.

If we could only sign one Brentford player, Benrahma would absolutely be my first choice.     

I think we could also do with a taller & stronger DM/CM who we could rotate but still be good enough as first choice....

We ideally need some decent cover in certain positions (obviously there is a limit to what we can do & spend) in case of injuries because the downgrade from some of our first team players to our substitutes is massive...

We lack a bit of physicality and aggression and need to be wary of being overpowered and being too lightweight in certain games. Would be a good option to have someone like this.

Nakamba does not fit the bill for me. Need someone who can pass well and maybe capable of getting the occasional shot on target too.

We really need to push some players out of the first team & push them from being the only/first choices from the bench. Increase quality and increase competition (motivate the squad players to work even harder and try to prove they are worth being considered rather than being the only choices we have).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Compare:

Samatta

Grealish                                            Trezeguet

Hourihane      McGinn

Luiz

To:

New CF/Watkins

Benrahma                              Watkins/Buendia?

Grealish      

McGinn       Luiz

I certainly wouldn’t complain! That’s a considerable improvement!

Personally, I’d just like us to get the best possible players we can manage to entice to the club. 

No real/major objection to Watkins (though, if I’m being completely honest, I personally would have liked/expected us to set our sights higher) but I would hope we are also, at least, either getting a really good RW or CF in addition to him, if indeed that is happening.

If we could only sign one Brentford player, Benrahma would absolutely be my first choice.     

I think we could also do with a taller & stronger DM/CM who we could rotate but still be good enough as first choice....

We ideally need some decent cover in certain positions (obviously there is a limit to what we can do & spend) in case of injuries because the downgrade from some of our first team players to our substitutes is massive...

We lack a bit of physicality and aggression and need to be wary of being overpowered and being too lightweight in certain games. Would be a good option to have someone like this.

Nakamba does not fit the bill for me. Need someone who can pass well and maybe capable of getting the occasional shot on target too.

We really need to push some players out of the first team & push them from being the only/first choices from the bench. Increase quality and increase competition (motivate the squad players to work even harder and try to prove they are worth being considered rather than being the only choices we have).

Once again not enough pace. Even having someone like mbuemo would be a much better investment to me than benrahma he is faster and much younger and perfumed similarly well this season. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Once again not enough pace. Even having someone like mbuemo would be a much better investment to me than benrahma he is faster and much younger and perfumed similarly well this season. 

We certainly need pace but creativity also. We rely way too heavily on Jack.

I just based the new players there on recent speculation/links.

Personally would have liked us to go for Sarr & Deulofeu. Watkins would not have been a personal choice.

Buendia’s stats, e.g.chances created, make him an interesting proposition and I’m sure we were interested in signing him last year.

I hope we’re looking at top talent from abroad (from the best leagues) as well.