Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, useless said:

AV_transfers1 says that it's not true that we've had a bid accepted of £48m for Watkins and Benrahma accepted but Minimole says that we've had a bid accepted for Watkins.

What's VillaITK6969 say?

31 minutes ago, useless said:

We need someone like Doucouré, McKennie or Tolisso in midfield next to McGinn and Luiz.

Would love us to take a chance on McKennie. Asked a Bundesliga "expert" about him and he thought McKennie could be avaliable for 20-25 m euros.

18 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Kubo is staying in spain this year apparently. We were linked with a bid for him earlier which failed.

Would be interesting to know if there was any truth to that. It could indicate the areas of the pitch we are looking to strengthen and also the quality of player and club we’re shopping for.

Given they've had about 20 players over the past couple of years that are good enough to launch Villa to Premier League safety it's something else that Brentford will once again be a Championship team next season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, useless said:

Mason Mount, Ross Barkley, and Maddison don't play in central midfield for England, they play off the strikers, as they're wingers/no.10 type players, not central midfielders. Grealish could get away with playing central midfield in the championship but not in the premier league, it's just a complete waste of his talent.

That is literally what we are saying for him to do. Play as a N° 10 with mcginn and Luiz behind him and with 2 decent wingers. 

• Like 1

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Would be interesting to know if there was any truth to that. It could indicate the areas of the pitch we are looking to strengthen and also the quality of player and club we’re shopping for.

Was from actual news sources in Spain so I imagine pretty legit (not Agent Villa or the other "ex journalists with fingers in all the pies"). Not to buy though, was a loan. Real Madrid want to send him out on loan in Spain unfortunately. Looks a quality player, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, dukes said:

I wasn't aware that he refused to play for Scotland, but he certainly isnt the first player to have done that, and i'm not aware of his reasons for doing it....are you ?

How do you feel about United blocking Smalling from extending his loan at Roma to play in the Champions League ?

Surely it's the same thing ?

Players, Clubs, Fans we're all looking after number 1.

I don't know about the Smalling issue, but I would imagine they've blocked the move because they want him back at the club to be a member of next season's squad.

Fraser refused to play a Scotland international because it was being played on a 3G pitch iirc. 

I understand in modern football that clubs, agents, players etc will look out for whats best for them. I'm fine with that. However Fraser seems to take it to the extreme. If we happen to be in a relegation battle next season he is not someone I want at the football club I support.

If we sign him, I will extend my support for him as he will be wearing the claret and blue. If he goes on to prove me wrong, then great! I have no problem admitting I'm wrong if that means Villa get a player that helps us and one we got in a good deal.

My ultimate concern is if I'm right and he comes here and continues his word removed behaviour!

• Like 1

Yes and the 'we' that are saying that are demonstrably wrong, our form with Grealish in midfield has been woeful, and his form is nowhere near as good as it is when he plays out wide. Why people would want to move our top goal scorer and our best assiter into a position where he doesn't get assists or goals I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure if Grealish stays there's no way that Smith will be playing him in central midfield, not on a regular basis anyway.

• Like 1

That thatcherlover/villamole isn't reliable, have no idea why people still believe what he says, has been called out many times, including once by someone who actually works at the club.