Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Strange view. He was top scorer for Chelsea last season despite injures and not starting games after the restart. He's 22 and already firmly in the England squad.He knows our set up and club so wouldn't need to really adapt. If they wanted £40mil I'd snap their hands off for him.

15 goals and 3 assists in the 3rd placed attack minded Chelsea is not good enough. Kane would score double that if he was in that team. Rashford would hit over 20.  Abraham is good but I think most Villa fans overrate him because of one good championship season for us. He lost his place to the 32 year Giroud!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

A reminder that our alternative options are not Rashford and Kane, but Wesley, Samatta and Davis.

Yes but people are talking about him like he is anywhere near that class. But he is not, he is miles away. Abraham is just a tall poacher. Outside of goals he offers little, his goals to chance ratio is decent but not lethal. Overrated! Clearly!

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Ghazi Davis but just a rumour 

If that was the case, I really don't see Watkins being the only striker we bring in. His versatility across our front line would be a bonus, but I don't see us having Watkins, Wesley and samatta as our striking options for a season. Certainly not with Wesley recovering from a terrible injury.

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

If that was the case, I really don't see Watkins being the only striker we bring in. His versatility across our front line would be a bonus, but I don't see us having Watkins, Wesley and samatta as our striking options for a season. Certainly not with Wesley recovering from a terrible injury.

I think we'll be signing 2 top strikers to compete with Wesley. Davis and Samatta will be free to leave.

1 hour ago, Knutserov13 said:

My take on Benrahma.

Hes a really fine player. A good creative one. Probably one thats gonna be MoM one week and not to be seen the other. Problem for me is that he plays the same position as Jack. There is no way hes better than Jack in that position. Ok, you say - Easy, we'll move Jack to the middle. I'll be totally against that, why move your best player from the position where he creates chances and scoring goals? To play Jack in the middle there is no balance in the team with McGinn and Luiz. McGinn would in that case have to convert into a DCM, is he any good at that role? If Jack plays through the middle I guess we´ll have to bench McGinn and sign a new midfielder?

But, IF Jack goes I'm all for signing Benrahma.

My thoughts exactly

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Oh ho - that sounds a lot like 2 of ours to fill the holes (Ken Williams gif here) left by Watkins AND Benrahma...

Your wish is my command 

images (3).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

15 goals and 3 assists in the 3rd placed attack minded Chelsea is not good enough. Kane would score double that if he was in that team. Rashford would hit over 20.  Abraham is good but I think most Villa fans overrate him because of one good championship season for us. He lost his place to the 32 year Giroud!

Well as someone said, we ain't bringing Kane or Rashford to VP. So a moot argument.

I agree Chelsea are attacking, but 15 goals in 34 appearances is decent especially when quite a few of those appearances were off the bench. Giroud got 8 in 18 but most of his games were starts I believe. There's also the age factor, Tammy will definitely improve further in the next 3-4 years, if it was with us I believe he would turn into a 15-20 goals a season man for us. If we signed him for next season I'm pretty sure he'd hit double figures minimum, which makes £40mil (if that's what he'd go for) a very good investment. It's very likely Chelsea would want more for him though, but if it was £40mil plus add ons I'd go for it.

Of all the strikers we've been linked with, I think Tammy and Eduoard would be most likely to shine for us and are both at a good age to improve quite dramatically. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Rashford has played 30+ games for the past 4 seasons and has never got 20 goals

• Like 1