Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Natural 10 in my opinion. Ideally for him, not sure if we've got the players to do it ourselves, he'd be in a free role behind one or two strikers starting central.

Agreed.  I know Dean favours the 433 but if we are able to sign a quality CF plus some wingers on either side I'd love to see a 4231 with Jack in the no 10 role and McGinn and Luiz behind him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, peteyp said:

Agreed.  I know Dean favours the 433 but if we are able to sign a quality CF plus some wingers on either side I'd love to see a 4231 with Jack in the no 10 role and McGinn and Luiz behind him.

That would be quality

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, peteyp said:

That's how I see it. That's how Jack sees it too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, peteyp said:

Exactly. With good wingers finding space - and a CF that doesn’t mark opposition defenders - Jack could pull the strings from there. Most stuff will probably still go through him but would be far less predictable with quality either side and in front.

Management said they wanted to ‘build a side’ around him if we stayed up, now’s their chance. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He wouldn't be my first choice by any means, but the idea that Origi wouldn't be a good signing for a team that finished up by the skin of their teeth last season just shows how much of an influence the social media echo chamber can have. He's a good player.

Didn’t look out of place in one of the best sides of the Premier League era... not good enough for Villa though 🙄

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Which is why I think we tried to get this guy on loan, personally I'd of offered Madrid a fortune for him.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/takefusa-kubo/profil/spieler/405398&ved=2ahUKEwiy2qGWp4frAhWKQkEAHXurDskQFjANegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1u9N8ISaeTkMSKUT5cMfh0

He reminds me of Grealish, he has speed, gets round his opponents, has skill, doesnt five up, draws fouls.

If we had this Kubo in our squad we would cause great problems on both wings to teams and we wouldnt be restricted so much to just playing down the left wing where Grealish is.

As I an TRO were talking about we need players that harass opposition, shut players down quickly and do not stop till the ball is theres and Kubo can do it and hes young also.

Kubo is staying in spain this year apparently. We were linked with a bid for him earlier which failed.

My mate is a Liverpool season ticket holder so asked him his thoughts on Origi. He thinks he's better than Edouard, Iheanacho and Tammy! (Thinks the latter is over-rated). Says he's scored crucial goals and played in some big games, is pretty fast but has a tendency to be a little lazy. Said he would be better than what we have at the moment. But said the big question mark would be his work rate!

To be honest no groundbreaking info there, I was 50/50 on this before the above and I still am (IF anything materialises). 

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

McGinn would need to be disciplined if we want Jack in the number 10 role. If he plays like the almost support striker he was playing as at times last season, Douglas will get overrun.

Yes he would.  I think he could adapt to though, especially if we buy a better front 3 to alleviate some of the attacking responsibility currently on Jack and McGinn.

Having said that Dean knows and likes the 433, which is his right, so probably won't change it.  Maybe he'd switch to 4231 depending on the opposition or if we were chasing the game and need some goals.

16 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He wouldn't be my first choice by any means, but the idea that Origi wouldn't be a good signing for a team that finished up by the skin of their teeth last season just shows how much of an influence the social media echo chamber can have. He's a good player.

What on Earth are you talking about?

• Haha 1