Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Not sure if Benrahma is going to you as well

If you got Davis, El Ghazi and £20m I would imagine that would be a good deal for all.

You've probably got 2 similar players lined up for 50p each anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

If you got Davis, El Ghazi and £20m I would imagine that would be a good deal for all.

Do they want Neil Taylor for Rico Henry as well? 😉

• Haha 2

I just can't see what players we could have Brentford would be keen on, that also would be interested in a switch. Our youngsters that are good enough for some Championship rotation, will only go on loan, and there's no point to that for Brentford. They are just too good of a club atm. 

Davis maybe? Would be a mistake to let him go permanent IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You really think there's even a remote chance AEG would go to Brentford? I just can't see it. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just can't see what players we could have Brentford would be keen on, that also would be interested in a switch. Our youngsters that are good enough for some Championship rotation, will only go on loan, and there's no point to that for Brentford. They are just too good of a club atm. 

I’d swop Watkins for Davis + cash in a heartbeat.  Even as a winger Watkins scored more goals than Davis did as a striker.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah he is shite. 22 year old England international with near 100 goals under his belt. Let's bring back Hogan and stick with Samagoal.

Where did I say he was shite, what I'm saying is he is overrated and not worth 40m, at 30m I'd just about take him! At anything above that I'd rather Watkins at 20m to 25m.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Where did I say he was shite, what I'm saying is he is overrated and not worth 40m, at 30m I'd just about take him! At anything above that I'd rather Watkins at 20m to 25m.

You would prefer an older more unproven striker for 5 million less 🤔

21 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Rashford has played 30+ games for the past 4 seasons and has never got 20 goals

Rashford has been shoe horned out the the left for most of that. He also has terrifying pace, excellent dribbler and takes set pieces.

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

davis definitely. i think everyone is unanimous that he needs to go on loan for a season

but player swap deals just dont happen much these days, unless the agent of all players involved is the same as the agents of the players going the other way miss out on their slice of the deal

think it was the case with the jota/gardner deal that it was basically a swap but went through as 2 separate deals

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You would prefer an older more unproven striker for 5 million less 🤔

Year older, scored same amount of goals as Tammy did for us in championship and has a better allround game. It would have to save us more than 5 million,l. I believe Watkins would cost less than 25m

2 hours ago, Knutserov13 said:

My take on Benrahma.

Hes a really fine player. A good creative one. Probably one thats gonna be MoM one week and not to be seen the other. Problem for me is that he plays the same position as Jack. There is no way hes better than Jack in that position. Ok, you say - Easy, we'll move Jack to the middle. I'll be totally against that, why move your best player from the position where he creates chances and scoring goals? To play Jack in the middle there is no balance in the team with McGinn and Luiz. McGinn would in that case have to convert into a DCM, is he any good at that role? If Jack plays through the middle I guess we´ll have to bench McGinn and sign a new midfielder?

But, IF Jack goes I'm all for signing Benrahma.

Doesn't make a difference for me. We need quality players in, mainly wingers/wide forwards and a centre forward and Benrahma fits the bill (for the right price).

Players get injured. We need to have a better squad. But we need to improve the starting eleven (which filters down the squad).

There's other options of course, Sarr, Rashica, Brooks, Buendia all would improve our first team. 

For all the heroics of Trez late on in the season with the goals and on stats alone El Ghazi's aren't too shabby - they were clearly weaknesses in our team and so many times the play just fizzled out when they got on the ball. A new quality front three (whether Jack be played on the left or as an 8 or 10) it would see us finish comfortably mid table. 

As for Tammy, he misses chances, he gets chances, but he scores goals, he's quick, tall - good for defending & attacking set pieces, works hard, he has confidence in his own ability, he obviously has a connection with the club - I'd have him back all day long. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

davis definitely. i think everyone is unanimous that he needs to go on loan for a season

but player swap deals just dont happen much these days, unless the agent of all players involved is the same as the agents of the players going the other way miss out on their slice of the deal

think it was the case with the jota/gardner deal that it was basically a swap but went through as 2 separate deals

Firstly I think this Brentford poster is a VTer in disguise. But sending Davis on loan the other way would suit us fine and Brentford would get a good backup striker. Would probably knock 1 or 2m of the transfer fee.

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Doesn't make a difference for me. We need quality players in, mainly wingers/wide forwards and a centre forward and Benrahma fits the bill (for the right price).

Players get injured. We need to have a better squad. But we need to improve the starting eleven (which filters down the squad).

There's other options of course, Sarr, Rashica, Brooks, Buendia all would improve our first team. 

For all the heroics of Trez late on in the season with the goals and on stats alone El Ghazi's aren't too shabby - they were clearly weaknesses in our team and so many times the play just fizzled out when they got on the ball. A new quality front three (whether Jack be played on the left or as an 8 or 10) it would see us finish comfortably mid table. 

As for Tammy, he misses chances, he gets chances, but he scores goals, he's quick, tall - good for defending & attacking set pieces, works hard, he has confidence in his own ability, he obviously has a connection with the club - I'd have him back all day long. 

The issue was they got very little support from midfield or upfront. They aren't at the standard we need but I would say they could be average Premier league wingers with other clubs. Out striker nor our midfielders helped them in the middle it is no wonder they struggled when they had to beat 3 men on their own. If Jack moves back into the middle he will give them a lot of help and our wingers would be far more effective. 

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Rashford has been shoe horned out the the left for most of that. He also has terrifying pace, excellent dribbler and takes set pieces.

So has Mane, Salah, Sterling , Aubameyang , averaging 10 goals a season is fine for a player at villa, but in tops sides in a front 3 you should be in touching distance of 20 goals, just because your not playing down the middle is not an excuse in this day and age

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sarr, Benrahma, Watkins, Grealish. 

Thats the front 4. That’s the front 4 right there. 

Not a fan of sarr personally. I think Saint-maximan would be available for a similar price given mark Ashley is still the owner. Rashica has a buy out clause for how much sarr would cost. There are many better deals than sarr in my opinion. Especially if Watford can't get up they will be in deep shit and he might go for cheaper the year after. 

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d swop Watkins for Davis + cash in a heartbeat.  Even as a winger Watkins scored more goals than Davis did as a striker.

I thought you were going to let up on Davis. Accepting he needs to sort out his scoring, I really don't think he deserves such negativity. I'd say his coming back from injury in the lockdown contributed to us staying up. It wasn't everything, but it was definitely something. He was involved in some of the goals, and his general play made a difference.

Having said that, he may benefit from a loan at a club where he'll play more and have a chance to get his confidence up. You'll disagree, because you have been relentless, but that would obviously involve extending his contract too.

You don't, but I genuinely rate him. Others seem to rate him too. He can be a Prem player for sure, imo.

We'd need to bring in another striker though if he went out on loan.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1