Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

That's gonna cost you about £60m

I don’t think so. 
Tammy Abraham, Danny Ings, Chris Wood, Calvert-Lewin, Jimenez would all cost less (not saying we should buy them specifically)

Benrahma would be a good signing, but lets not pretend that after the wingers that the Manchester clubs could sign he's the next best option, he's 25 the highest level he's played at is championship level, and plenty of wingers have looked like world beaters at that level and not been able to replicate that form in the premier league, so I think people concerns about us paying big money for him are well founded.

I'd much prefer us to go for Sarr.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Cool, ok then. Let’s go and spend 200m and double the wage bill. Of course, when FFP does kick back into gear, we’ll be absolutely fine. 

lets just spend what we have to spend but spend it better than we have so far.

It's ok buying players who may come good but thats a high risk strategy as we found out to and it almost cost us our Prem status.

This season we have to buy players with experience and nouce to add to what we have otherwise it's another season of struggling.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You’d need at least 80-100m to buy someone at that level. 

They also wouldn’t want to come here. 

You think someone to score 15+ premier league goals costs £80-£100m?.... that’s Eden Hazard money, that’s top 5 biggest transfers in history money. Come on. 
We don’t have to settle for Brentford players because the next tier of player costs £80+

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I don’t think so. 
Tammy Abraham, Danny Ings, Chris Wood, Calvert-Lewin, Jimenez would all cost less (not saying we should buy them specifically)

Benrahma isn't a striker. Also no they wouldn't. Abraham for example is being quoted at 40m. Danny Ings, 2 goals shy of the golden boot will not be costing less than 30m. Only one I'd grant you there is Chris Wood.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't Dortmund just buy a 16 year old Championship player for like 25 mill?

We got Luiz technically from a relegated Girona as well.

Will never get the logic.

Jack was a Championship player last season.

Dortmund have a squad of world class players and can afford to take a £25m punt on a youngster and blood him gradually. Completely different situation to Villa.

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

2 players mentioned on the last page. Eze and Hudson Odoi. I have form for signing players for Villa on Fifa that we end up signing. Signed those 2 a while ago.

Please can you sign Ronaldo and Messi then 👍

Just now, Genie said:

You think someone to score 15+ premier league goals costs £80-£100m?.... that’s Eden Hazard money, that’s top 5 biggest transfers in history money. Come on. 
We don’t have to settle for Brentford players because the next tier of player costs £80+

Benrahma is a winger, you do realise that, right? Everyone’s telling you that, but then you keep comparing his goal output (which is seriously impressive) to the output of a striker. 

You then claim we shouldn’t sign Benrahma to be a winger and we should sign Jimenez and Danny Ings instead? 

What are you talking about? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Trivia time: By coming on in the World Cup final in 2018, Corentin Tolisso continued which unique run started in 1982??

Bayern Munich having a player play in every final

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

The only wingers to score more than 15 goals in the last decade are:

The aforementioned Hazard

Salah

Mane

Alexis Sanchez

Sterling

Gareth Bale

Riyadh Mahrez

In today's market, they'd all be 80m+.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Benrahma is a winger, you do realise that, right? Everyone’s telling you that, but then you keep comparing his goal output (which is seriously impressive) to the output of a striker. 

You then claim we shouldn’t sign Benrahma to be a winger and we should sign Jimenez and Danny Ings instead? 

What are you talking about? 

You missed the bit where I actually said I wasn’t explicitly saying to sign those players... 😉