Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 hours ago, Okonokos said:

21 millon pound pounds 😂

I never understand why peoplebullcrap like this same as when you go watch a trailer for a film on YouTube only to find it's fake and someone has used bits from previous films.

Annoying, just people filling the world with Sh!t.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

"Benrahma isn't good enough - he's only scored 15+ goals as a wide forward in an inferior league.  We need someone who has done that at the top level - Marc Albrighton".

We've hit peak VT transfer rumour thread content.

Erm took some spice by any chance??

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Was talking to my friend who works at Chelsea today as I bumped into her on my way to the post office ... I asked her if she knew anything about Tammy  coming to Villa , she said I’ve not heard anything but I hope so cause he’s shit .... she did elaborate a little and say he didn’t have a good attitude and was too greedy and over rates himself 

obviously that isn’t the official  Chelsea view but I suspect it’s a general view within the club 

I dont know, you have a look at the many times before last season started and Chelsea fans in there tons were saying dont sell Tammy we want him starting for us.

Is she a proper chelsea fan or one of those that either glory supports or say she does because she's either from those ends or lightly supports them. Does she visit fan forums as well because to be honest I wouldn't know who felt about who if it wasn't for me coming on here and reading what you guys type. Even then i only learn who you guys like and dislike because you type that and not the rest of the fans unaccounted for that are not on this forum regular.

The only way I sense that Tammy isnt disliked is from how I've read alot of fans talk about him but you will always get the opposite fence reaction as well. 

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Once again not enough pace. Even having someone like mbuemo would be a much better investment to me than benrahma he is faster and much younger and perfumed similarly well this season. 

I think we shall leave the pace for an abroad talent who would be more gamble. Sarr is too expensive and Liverpool want him anyway. We need creativity massively. We still have a RW to get anyway.

Even without electric pace if we could have a front 3/4 of:

Watkins

Benrahma Grealish Buendia/Brooks

that would be very good against all bottom half teams. If we're playing top teams then we take one of those out and keep 3 of them adding one DM.

I won't be against getting Eze and gamble of the RW (if it didn't work we can just change between Jack and Benrahma. Eze too could play as a winger). A young prospect from abroad with a hope that he could make it.

But Eze is one for the future, and his style is similar to Jack.

6 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think we are no more interested in signing Tammy Abraham than we are in signing me. He did well for about two thirds of the season with us in the Championship and started well for Chelsea last season before tailing off again. He wants a huge amount of money in wages and I believe Chelsea are looking for some mugs to off load him on for £40m. I’m hoping that with our recent appointments we are now savvy enough to not be the mugs. 

Strange view. He was top scorer for Chelsea last season despite injures and not starting games after the restart. He's 22 and already firmly in the England squad.He knows our set up and club so wouldn't need to really adapt. If they wanted £40mil I'd snap their hands off for him.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I dont know, you have a look at the many times before last season started and Chelsea fans in there tons were saying dont sell Tammy we want him starting for us.

Is she a proper chelsea fan or one of those that either glory supports or say she does because she's either from those ends or lightly supports them. Does she visit fan forums as well because to be honest I wouldn't know who felt about who if it wasn't for me coming on here and reading what you guys type. Even then i only learn who you guys like and dislike because you type that and not the rest of the fans unaccounted for that are not on this forum regular.

The only way I sense that Tammy isnt disliked is from how I've read alot of fans talk about him but you will always get the opposite fence reaction as well. 

It came from a Chelsea employee not a fan

Of the Brentford players I would be more interested in Watkins over Benrahma though I like this Marcondes in midfield or Norgaard. I expect Benrahma is just a VT hype player like Leroy Fer last season as nowhere else has he been hyped so much

Signing both Buendia and Albrighton be better value for money than Benrahma alone

Edited by Zatman

I'm almost always in the "never go back" camp. With Tammy however, he's so good quality and in the right age, it's hard to argue against signing him up permanently. 

The thing I am vary about in regards to signing players from the CL sides is that they have gotten used to life in a CL club, with wages, stature and everything that goes with it. Whether they would have the attitude to come to a club that could be fighting relegation I'm unsure of. The last thing we need is a huge signing coming here with a billy big bollocks attitude being a problem in the dressing room. 

• Like 1

My take on Benrahma.

Hes a really fine player. A good creative one. Probably one thats gonna be MoM one week and not to be seen the other. Problem for me is that he plays the same position as Jack. There is no way hes better than Jack in that position. Ok, you say - Easy, we'll move Jack to the middle. I'll be totally against that, why move your best player from the position where he creates chances and scoring goals? To play Jack in the middle there is no balance in the team with McGinn and Luiz. McGinn would in that case have to convert into a DCM, is he any good at that role? If Jack plays through the middle I guess we´ll have to bench McGinn and sign a new midfielder?

But, IF Jack goes I'm all for signing Benrahma.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Was talking to my friend who works at Chelsea today as I bumped into her on my way to the post office ... I asked her if she knew anything about Tammy  coming to Villa , she said I’ve not heard anything but I hope so cause he’s shit .... she did elaborate a little and say he didn’t have a good attitude and was too greedy and over rates himself 

obviously that isn’t the official  Chelsea view but I suspect it’s a general view within the club 

She sounds dreamy. You got her number?

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

My take on Benrahma.

Hes a really fine player. A good creative one. Probably one thats gonna be MoM one week and not to be seen the other. Problem for me is that he plays the same position as Jack. There is no way hes better than Jack in that position. Ok, you say - Easy, we'll move Jack to the middle. I'll be totally against that, why move your best player from the position where he creates chances and scoring goals? To play Jack in the middle there is no balance in the team with McGinn and Luiz. McGinn would in that case have to convert into a DCM, is he any good at that role? If Jack plays through the middle I guess we´ll have to bench McGinn and sign a new midfielder?

But, IF Jack goes I'm all for signing Benrahma.

There was an interview with Jack last year where he described himself as a midfielder. I believe he wants to play in midfield and that we're only playing him where we are because our wingers are the weakest area (lately, equal weakest) in the team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It's no more of a risk than buying someone from a foreign league. Also the likes of Maddison, Grealish and Bowen have adapted to the PL and all had worse ratings than benrahma over the course of a season in the championship. 

I do wish people wouldn't throw Jack into this. He is a player that at 18 made his debut in the Premier league and had a starring role against Liverpool in an FA Cup semi. We all knew he had the talent then.

Just now, Brentfordnylons said:

Looks likely Watkins with one or two of yours coming to us hearing Grealish is not one of them though😡hope we can get this done quickly.I think he will do even better than Maupay in the PL.Strange some writing off Benrahma after a couple of poor performances he is a superb player remember Jack had a few poor ones even in the very competitive Championship.I don’t want Leeds to get near them so tell Dean to get his finger out 

Jota perhaps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Looks likely Watkins with one or two of yours coming to us hearing Grealish is not one of them though😡hope we can get this done quickly.I think he will do even better than Maupay in the PL.Strange some writing off Benrahma after a couple of poor performances he is a superb player remember Jack had a few poor ones even in the very competitive Championship.I don’t want Leeds to get near them so tell Dean to get his finger out 

How do you fancy taking Jota and Hogan back?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Any idea which two of ours?

Edited by Okonokos

17 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Hope you get el Ghazi from us, he’ll do a good job for you in the championship.