Villan4Life

31 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Fiver?

😃Wouldn’t bet on it but Toney has his legal team talking with his clubs so I’m not expecting him to plead guilty.So in that case I haven’t seen in previous cases where the accused has been prevented from playing.But then again if some of the outrageous incidents that are appearing on social are proven then he will never play again

• 1 month later...

He probably wont play in the Premier League again if he gets a long ban

I think he is an idiot for getting involved though the authorities are as much to blame for allowing betting sponsorship everywhere in the game

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think he is an idiot for getting involved though the authorities are as much to blame for allowing betting sponsorship everywhere in the game

They might also want to make an example out of him too.

3 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Wonder if this investigation goes on till the end of the season.Most likely when you look at their history on deciding punishments.

I think you missed a joke there.

Barton was banned for 18 months I think?  So would imagine his season is done. 

EDIT: Just read that Barton was charged cos he placed 1260 bets 😂. Toney is only charged with 250ish. 

Edited by PieFacE

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Unfortunately it wont. Trippier got a ban and look at him. Hopefully they throw book at him to show this behaviour is completely unacceptable.

Personally i think they should get very heavy fines and unpaid 2 year bans from football. Harsh sentences like this will cut out this sleaze in football

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Unfortunately it wont. Trippier got a ban and look at him. Hopefully they throw book at him to show this behaviour is completely unacceptable.

Personally i think they should get very heavy fines and unpaid 2 year bans from football. Harsh sentences like this will cut out this sleaze in football

To be fair, as I recall Trippier's offence was many orders of magnitude smaller than what Toney is accused of. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair, as I recall Trippier's offence was many orders of magnitude smaller than what Toney is accused of. 

Where have you seen details of the nature of the allegations against Toney? I haven't been able to find anything specifying what the actual offences are - the crux of the matter is if they were matches his club were in but as far as I can tell that's not public info yet? 

The Trippier punishment was outrageous, IMO. Someone shouldn't be compelled to keep a new job and an upheaval to their life secret from their friends because some betting company scumbags want to offer odds on it. I'm glad they don't offer tech worker markets :) 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Where have you seen details of the nature of the allegations against Toney? I haven't been able to find anything specifying what the actual offences are - the crux of the matter is if they were matches his club were in but as far as I can tell that's not public info yet? 

Yes, fair point - I was focusing on the number of alleged offences. Though I think his situation would be more serious than Trippier's even if he had no influence over any of the matches, because it's such a sustained campaign of rule-breaking. 

20 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Wonder if this investigation goes on till the end of the season.Most likely when you look at their history on deciding punishments.

yeah it's probably next season you want to be concerned about.

fancy taking watkins back?

Â