Villan4Life

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not sure i agree. Why cant he just say brentford? If a villa player said that about us i wouldnt be happy.

I think its disrespectful to the fans

Do you tell random people on the street where you work? 

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

Because he's being filmed? He doesn't want or try to give it "the big I am" - he's just being humble, IMO. I mean id some stranger stopped me or you and asked questions while filming, I'm not sure if we'd reveal exactly who we worked for and stuff - you might say the NHS (as a generic health worker - like him saying "footballer" )  or I might say Engineering,  but would you say  "I work for [exact name of Hospital]?  or me say "exact name of employer and worksite" and if you didn't or I didn't, would that be "disrespectful"?

I think had he not been caught saying the '**** brentford' with this then maybe might not have been made out aa a big team.

Its one of those that can be interpretated aa humble or arrogance. For me it was arrogance. I would have answered brentford and proud instead of sating mothing special as that can be perceived as i arrogance in my view.

When ive been asked about my job i just say nhs and then i say if probed further the trust i work for (royal free) i wouldnt say nothing special or something of that nature.

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I thought he was quite respectful and polite, certainly not arrogant on this occasion. He did better than I would have if some TikTok word removed pushed a camera in my face! 

I think you're right, especially about the bit in bold.

It's weird to be happy to say he's a professional footballer, and even give his name, but not say who he plays for when he's fairly well known and easy to lookup, but it's easy to list better ways of handling things with the benefit of even 30 seconds to think. If I analysed some of my in-the-moment exchanges, I cringe at some of the things I've said off the cuff without the benefit of time to properly think about it.

• Like 1

He just sounds a bit thick tbh, Quest had him as a pundit last season on the highlights show and he was certainly one of the worst they had, just very bland statements.

Went on last page of this thread to watch the video and at the top it seems he was saying the same stuff in clubs to girls going by the top of page 19.🤣

Isn't the new ground right next to Kew Gardens? Mortlake isn't too far away if I've got the geography right so not like he's living in Tower Hamlets with respect to that area (cue him joining West Ham for 30m end of the season).

23 hours ago, useless said:

You can be a professional footballer and play in any of the lower leagues or even non league football, there are a lot more professional footballers that play at those lower levels than in the Premier League, he already told them he was a professional footballer, but didn't want to make a big deal of the fact that he was a professional footballer at a well known Premier League club like Brentford, I'm pretty sure if he played for Aston Villa, Man Utd, Liverpool or whoever he would have answered in the same way.

Imagine if a Man City player was asked the same question and answered 'no one special', it wouldn't be seen as direspectful, but rather a player not wanting to make a big deal over the fact that they play for such a well known club, and they would probably get praised for being so humble and down to earth, bearing that in mind people are being kind of disrespectful to Brentford themselves in presuming he means it in a negative way because he plays for Brentford.

Also he was apparently stopped by tiktokers who make videos of themselves stopping people in fancy looking cars and asking them what their favorite crypto currency is, there was probably an element of him wanting to get away, so with that in mind would make sense for him not to want to tell them that he plays for a well known club like Brentford, as that would obviously lead to more questions.

This would be a fair argument if he hadn't already been filmed shouting "f*** Brentford". It's very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I really think it’s a non story,if the bloke asking the question was a football fan which he appeared not to be,it might have gone differently.Think he just wanted to get away.Im not a fan of badge kissers and know that if a bigger club comes in for him he would be off like a shot.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Nice to see Eriksen do well and well done to Brentford for giving him a chance. 

I'd be disappointed if he left Brentford to join someone like Newcastle. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

With Pinnock and Ajer both out injured a good back up signing especially as Pontus is on his last legs.

Yeah that Sorensen guy you played v Everton was a disaster, gave away penalty and very lucky not to be sent off and had to be subbed half time for his own good so he's not ready to play CB in this league every week.

What's the actual plan to replace Eriksen btw? Haven't seen you get in a new AM unless I've missed an obvious signing. Hoping Da Silva can stay fit and maybe provide creativity?

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah that Sorensen guy you played v Everton was a disaster, gave away penalty and very lucky not to be sent off and had to be subbed half time for his own good so he's not ready to play CB in this league every week.

What's the actual plan to replace Eriksen btw? Haven't seen you get in a new AM unless I've missed an obvious signing. Hoping Da Silva can stay fit and maybe provide creativity?

Sorensen sadly not good enough at this level and Pontus not much better imho.DaSilva hopefully is over his injury problems and as Eriksen commented when he joined he’s the best player at the club so maybe can fill the void along with Jensen who on his day can find a winning pass.Will be interested to see how well Eriksen does this season with the pressure of playing for United but wish him well he was absolute class for us but we do tend to bring the best out of certain players.Very happy with our new recruits but expecting us to be fighting it out in the bottom half of the table.

• Thanks 1

Â