Villan4Life

On 11/02/2023 at 22:30, Pongo's Socks said:

Genuine question here. Given the (mostly) negative feedback on bookies shirt sponsorship and the questionable place of gambling in sport, could we give Toney a break if he's a gambling victim/addict?

Just like substance abuse and mental health issues, are footballers just as likely to be affected as the rest of us? As far as I know there's no question of match fixing, just looks like he loves a bet.

Depends if he's addicted or just happened to bet when he shouldn't have been doing so (I don't think footballers are allowed to bet on football at all).

Obviously, if it's enabled some sort of spot fixing, then he'll be banned for ages.

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Depends if he's addicted or just happened to bet when he shouldn't have been doing so (I don't think footballers are allowed to bet on football at all).

Obviously, if it's enabled some sort of spot fixing, then he'll be banned for ages.

If he’s involved in any sort of fixing he will rightly be banned for life from what I’ve heard it’s not the case.Whatever the outcome he won’t be at Brentford next season either banned or sold for around 50 million and looking at other transfers this season I think he’s worth every penny.

3 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

If he’s involved in any sort of fixing he will rightly be banned for life from what I’ve heard it’s not the case.Whatever the outcome he won’t be at Brentford next season either banned or sold for around 50 million and looking at other transfers this season I think he’s worth every penny.

£50m…. No one is paying that with these allegations hanging over him

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Toney will have a bigger punishment and ban for betting than Man City will for breaking ffp rules over a 100 times.

Sadly i thibk you will be right.

Toney deserves a  hig punishment but so do citeh

• Like 1

Joey Barton was banned for 18 months reduced to 13 on appeal for making 1,260 bets.

Has Toney placed a fifth of that many (262 charges) or are there more bets than charges? How should the length of the ban compare?

Long way to go on this case,the FA have leaked this twice now to the Daily Mail and Toney has issued a statement of his lawyers concerns.He has not admitted his guilt to all these charges so this will run now till the summer.

7 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Long way to go on this case,the FA have leaked this twice now to the Daily Mail and Toney has issued a statement of his lawyers concerns.He has not admitted his guilt to all these charges so this will run now till the summer.

I read this thought it was a load of BS. It’s just his lawyers and him trying to put pressure on the FA to reduce what will most likely be 6 months out. 

I read the article and compared it to previous bans and came up with @6months myself. The media has done the same, no fantasy stories of leaks as Toney and his legal reps are alleging.

Toney is just trying to make BS up about the media to get the FA to go soft, not like the FA haven’t been soft before….

So if he gets a 6 month ban that includes the summer when there is no football.

That will teach him not to break the rules im sure. Missing football when the seasons already over. 😒

For that alone the ban should either start next season or be extended to 9-12 months

Edited by Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That will teach him not to break the rules im sure. Missing football when the seasons already over. 😒

For that alone the ban should either start next season or be extended to 9-12 months

Nine month ban?

Adrian Mutu's lawyers will be watching this.

3 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I read this thought it was a load of BS. It’s just his lawyers and him trying to put pressure on the FA to reduce what will most likely be 6 months out. 

I read the article and compared it to previous bans and came up with @6months myself. The media has done the same, no fantasy stories of leaks as Toney and his legal reps are alleging.

Toney is just trying to make BS up about the media to get the FA to go soft, not like the FA haven’t been soft before….

Of course they are trying to get a reduced ban but the facts are the FA leaked this to the Daily Mail when they had agreed with the player that this would remain confidential until the hearing.One things for sure it won’t be 6 months now due to the leak maybe more or less.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

From what I’ve read it’s related to betting on games in the championship when they were in the championship. Therefore, he will be banned for betting on games in a league that was sponsored by bet365 at the time, while his club is currently sponsored by Hollywood Bets.

It’s a load of boll*cks really. Maybe the body which will ban him should take a look at football as a whole and it’s relationship with betting. 

48 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

From what I’ve read it’s related to betting on games in the championship when they were in the championship. Therefore, he will be banned for betting on games in a league that was sponsored by bet365 at the time, while his club is currently sponsored by Hollywood Bets.

It’s a load of boll*cks really. Maybe the body which will ban him should take a look at football as a whole and it’s relationship with betting. 

I really dislike how involved betting companies are with football. Wish it was banned.

• Like 2

Â