Villan4Life

17 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I really really want to like Brentford but I really really dislike Ben Mee.

17 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I really really want to like Brentford but I really really dislike Ben Mee.

We need him after todays performance maybe 3 like him

Here's hoping Ben Mee has a great career at Brentford.

For ten minutes of his debut, then gets a career-ending injury.

• Like 3

Ben Mee needs a totally legitimate late scissor tackle to his standing knee. Preferably by some 6ft5 20 stone beast. Just to make sure he knows he got tackled, of course.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blandy said:

They do a lot right and have come a long way because of it. They’re a well run club and have been well managed by a succession of managers, playing attractive, attacking football and developing players they’ve picked up for peanuts. They’ve got themselves a fancy new ground which they fill up with fans who seem like proper fans (compared to some of the other London clubs).

In a lot of ways there’s loads to like and admire about them.

I agree with all this they have one bad point we never beat the ****!

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, blandy said:

They do a lot right and have come a long way because of it. They’re a well run club and have been well managed by a succession of managers, playing attractive, attacking football and developing players they’ve picked up for peanuts. They’ve got themselves a fancy new ground which they fill up with fans who seem like proper fans (compared to some of the other London clubs).

In a lot of ways there’s loads to like and admire about them.

I get that, but there is a difference between admiring the way they are run and actually liking them. Plus the person I quoted before said they want to like them, either you do or you don’t surely?

47 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

the person I quoted before said they want to like them, either you do or you don’t surely?

Maybe. I don’t either like or dislike the club as a whole. I just admire what they’ve done and the way they act. Respect, maybe. Obviously I hope we beat them when they are opponents, but beyond that they’re near the top of the list of clubs that are “alright I suppose” in my hierarchy.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Ivan Toney being investigated for gambling...

The allegations are years old and the investigation has been quietly going on for 7 months with no outcome yet and all of a sudden someone goes to the press with this just before the WC squad announcement. It’s a bit malicious. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

The allegations are years old and the investigation has been quietly going on for 7 months with no outcome yet and all of a sudden someone goes to the press with this just before the WC squad announcement. It’s a bit malicious. 

If he wasnt a clearing in the woods I would have sympathy for him but since his actions at Villa Park last season deserved a ban then I hope he finally gets one

• 2 weeks later...

i assume this could be a lengthy ban if found guilty?

Some rags are reporting he is being charged for 232 breaches between 2017 and 2021.........232 breaches!?!?

Wasn't tripper banned for 10 weeks for 7 breaches?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63653384

Ivan Toney: Brentford and England striker charged by FA for breach of betting rules

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1697586/Brentford-Ivan-Toney-charged-by-FA-betting-rules-premier-league-news

Brentford star Ivan Toney charged by FA for allegedly 'breaking betting rules 232 times'

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i assume this could be a lengthy ban if found guilty?

Some rags are reporting he is being charged for 232 breaches between 2017 and 2021.........232 breaches!?!?

Wasn't tripper banned for 10 weeks for 7 breaches?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63653384

Ivan Toney: Brentford and England striker charged by FA for breach of betting rules

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1697586/Brentford-Ivan-Toney-charged-by-FA-betting-rules-premier-league-news

Brentford star Ivan Toney charged by FA for allegedly 'breaking betting rules 232 times'

Depends on the circumstances. Trippier got his mates betting on his own transfer, that he obviously had control over. If Toney was betting on himself to score, knowing that he was in the lineup for example, then I don’t think it’s as bad because still no guarantees his bets would pay out. If it was something like that it wouldn’t surprise me if he got a big fine and a shortish ban.

I wonder how long it will take for a decision. Will it be something that impacts Brentford this season or drags on for months whilst he carries on playing.

Â