Villan4Life

8 hours ago, Genie said:

We played out part in the ugly scenes. 

They weren't really 'ugly scenes', they were mostly very funny scenes, correctly diagnosed and treated as such on MOTD. The one big black mark in it though is Kamara stupidly grabbing someone's throat, that was not quite 'ugly' but very definitely stupid. 

On the broader point about Brentford, 'just a bunch of thugs', 'second coming of Wimbledon/Stoke' etc, they really aren't if you watch many of their games. What they are is a club who are absolutely down to the bare bones, so it's no surprise they chose a defensive, physical style and didn't bother attempting champagne football.

I'm not saying anybody has to like them - I couldn't give a toss what people think of them - but we might as well honestly assess the situation. The main problem for them is that Mee (who genuinely is quite thuggish) went too far and they went from being 'successfully combative and organised' and likely to win the game to 'outmanned and out of shape' and losing it because he was so stupid, and Bailey is truly lucky to escape that tackle without a horror injury. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

On the broader point about Brentford, 'just a bunch of thugs', 'second coming of Wimbledon/Stoke' etc, they really aren't if you watch many of their games. What they are is a club who are absolutely down to the bare bones, so it's no surprise they chose a defensive, physical style and didn't bother attempting champagne football.

I'm not saying anybody has to like them - I couldn't give a toss what people think of them - but we might as well honestly assess the situation. The main problem for them is that Mee (who genuinely is quite thuggish) went too far and they went from being 'successfully combative and organised' and likely to win the game to 'outmanned and out of shape' and losing it because he was so stupid, and Bailey is truly lucky to escape that tackle without a horror injury. 

He wasn't stupid, he's just a complete and utter clearing in the woods. He's a thug that enjoys hurting people. Needs putting in prison, and banning for life. But he'll get the usual 3 match ban and "not that kind of player", despite ruining two careers already and got very lucky not to ruin a third today. Prick.

• Like 3

One thing lost in all this is how much of a salty little b*tch Frank was at the end of the game. The Mee red card is about as stonewall as you could get. A proper leg breakers. Yet somehow he found a way to cry about that. Yeah man, everyone is out to get Brentford FC, you nailed it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

A few weeks ago I thought Spurs fans were just **** mental.

Last week I extended that to North London fans.

Now I've decided it's all of London.  Absolutely bonkers fanbases!

We have been getting a lot of stick from opposition fans lately. 

I guess it’s just part and parcel of winning matches. No wonder we’re not used to it 😂

• Like 1

On 18/12/2023 at 01:10, HanoiVillan said:

They were going in late and trying to leave one on our players from minute one. I don't think that has anything to do with whether or not they have players missing or not. They are a physical team who score a lot on the counter and from set pieces. They go long on a regular basis. They have a ball drier(!) for long throws. I think the comparisons to Stoke are pretty apt. The difference is that Thomas Frank is held in much higher regard than Tony Pulis was. 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 1

I think they’ve had to adapt to moving divisions and going from being one of the best footballing sides in the championship to nothing special in the premier league. When that happens you can either stick to your philosophy and get relegated, as Burnley look likely to, or try and be a bit pragmatic, like Everton have been, and try and find different ways to play.

I haven’t got a lot of time for frank, personally. He seems a bit of a whiny baby but he’s got to take some credit for the job he’s been able to do there.

I don’t honestly know what Ben Mee’s problem is. Is he doing this on purpose like vinnie jones because he’s a total thug. Is he just trying to cover his obvious deficiency as a football playing CB by trying to be tougher, more committed and being unintentionally reckless with opponents safety?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

They weren't really 'ugly scenes', they were mostly very funny scenes, correctly diagnosed and treated as such on MOTD. The one big black mark in it though is Kamara stupidly grabbing someone's throat, that was not quite 'ugly' but very definitely stupid. 

I think Watkins celebrating his goal by goading opposition fans is not a good look for the club. Whether they’d been giving him grief or not he should known better.

Its not crime of the century, but it added to what will probably land both clubs in trouble with the FA.

38 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

They were going in late and trying to leave one on our players from minutes one. I don't think that has anything to do with whether or not they have players missing or not. They are a physical team who score a lot on the counter and from set pieces. They go long on a regular basis. They have a ball drier(!) for long throws. I think the comparisons to Stoke are pretty apt. The difference is that Thomas Frank is held in much higher regard than Tony Pulis was. 

At the end of the day, we probably aren't going to agree about this, but if you truly can't see that not having either Toney or Mbeumo is changing their style of play then you're not really watching them. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

At the end of the day, we probably aren't going to agree about this, but if you truly can't see that not having either Toney or Mbeumo is changing their style of play then you're not really watching them. 

It does change the way they play to a degree but nothing that I said is untrue about their general style. They still tend to have the minority of possession, look to maximise counter attacking opportunities and set pieces, are very physical, have a towel ready for long throws etc whether their strikers are fit or not. They're an effective team when everyone's available but let's not pretend they suddenly become a free-flowing joy to watch. In the Championship they played attractive football but in the Prem they realised that they had to change stylistically in order to survive. Nothing wrong with that. 

Are all of the people on their forum completely thick? A load of them are questioning how the fan moved from one stand to the other, when Ollie has already said that he heard the abuse when he came back for corners.

I honestly can't believe their reaction. It's as though they think that they're all a bunch of saints as they're everyone's "second team", because what? They have a decent scouting network? Every team has a few scumbags supporting them, and Brentford are no different. Turns out that a lot of them are completely deluded as well...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Adman said:

F**k Ben Mee.  Thanks for the three points you inbred talentless prick.

Other than that, good luck Brentford with the rest of your season

I wish brentford but nothing but sliding down the table this season.

Shown what kind of club they are saying mees red was harsh. Idiots defending leg breaking challenges

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He didn't grab his throat he pulled his face back with his palm in the middle of a massive melle.

Rules say its an automatic red but let's not make more of it than it was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I think Watkins celebrating his goal by goading opposition fans is not a good look for the club. Whether they’d been giving him grief or not he should known better.

Its not crime of the century, but it added to what will probably land both clubs in trouble with the FA.

Yet shearer and Wright said he had every right to do it and they did the same. He got personal abuse from one fan all game and he did nothing wrong really

Edited by PaulC

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yet shearer and Wright said he had every right to do it and they did the same. He got personal abuse from one fan all game and he did nothing wrong really

Personally, I’ve got absolutely no issue with players celebrating in front of opposition fans when they’re goaded.

As an example, Troy Deeney always did it against us when he scored for Watford but everyone knew what was happening. He got abuse, he gave a bit back if he scored. There’s a sort of… mutual dislike there which everyone is comfortable with. No-one is like “**** him, he deserves to break his leg” and that’s a known Bluenose!

• Like 2

Â