Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

3 hours ago, bickster said:

You might want to revisit this statement :mrgreen:

Quite true, that was when she had  reached the quarters. I didn't realise just how good she was.  Shes amazing. This is the sporting story of the year.  After what happened at Wimbledon when she had to retire in the last 16 and Idiots like Piers Morgan were saying she couldn't handle the pressure. Shes a superstar!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

She's already the best British female tennis player in my lifetime and she's 18 :D 

Yes I agree and I saw Wade and Barker. Barker may have been 19 when she won the French but there were obvious weaknesses in her game and I dont see any in this girl. She has the lot.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I agree and I saw Wade and Barker. Barker may have been 19 when she won the French but there were obvious weaknesses in her game and I dont see any in this girl. She has the lot.

I'm too young for both of those.

We've seen a few women emerge with potential like Robson, Konta, Watson etc, but nobody who has ever looked like a real major player.

Raducanu looks like the real deal. 

• Like 2

Congrats to her and hope she wins the final.I just wish a young up and comer would do something on the men's side. Same old same old all the time. Either Djokovic or Nadal. Federer is fading somewhat but still relevant also.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm too young for both of those.

We've seen a few women emerge with potential like Robson, Konta, Watson etc, but nobody who has ever looked like a real major player.

Raducanu looks like the real deal. 

No shes a class up from those 

• Like 1

Made up for Emma reaching the final especially after suffering a panic attack at Wimbledon. Think the occasion got to her that day which is understandable.

I managed to stay up and watch Fernandez vs Sabalenka and was happy Fernandez won. She is a great counter player who isn't particularly powerful, but has great placement. It also means I don't have to hear the shrieking of Sabalenka which is just awful.

Should be a great final.

• Like 1

Right then, Fernandez is a bit (BIT) more experienced, she's had a much tougher route to the final, she's already won this year, she is a good solid little player. EmmaR has bgs of talent and is fearless, she's had an easier route to the final, blowing most opponents away, she should be fresher. 

What happened at Wimbledon was too much too quick and against top top players, must have been like a whirlwind couple of weeks for her and those that have experience it know, sudden pressure, stress, anxiety is body killing too as well as the mind.

This tournament was exactly what she needed, she's been able to breathe and just play, no giant killings to fuel the pressure, she's just been playing tennis.

I think she will blow her away, be like 6-2 6-2.

26 minutes ago, trekka said:

It'll be on Channel 4 and Amazon Prime apparently :)

Channel 4? Is that a late change? My TV guide still says Deadpool at 9.00 pm. Not that it affects me, as I have Prime anyway. 

Â