Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Channel 4? Is that a late change? My TV guide still says Deadpool at 9.00 pm. Not that it affects me, as I have Prime anyway. 

Apparently so!

Emma Raducanu’s US Open final to be shown free-to-air in UK on Channel 4

The Guardian

Amazon Prime will share its live coverage of Emma Raducanu's US Open final against Leylah Fernandez with Channel 4 on Saturday evening so it can seen on free-to-air TV.

The broadcasters held talks through the night over a sub-licensing deal that would enable the match to shown live on Prime and on Channel4 at 9pm this evening.

Amazon has said it will reinvest all of the fees from the deal into British women's tennis to support the next generation of female talent.

The Daily Mail

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Got channel 4 on instead of Prime and c4 are using the amazon feed, guess they cashed in some of their chips to spread the cost.

Yeah, I think they just did a deal to  broadcast the feed. 

Let's face it, their viewing figures will be miles ahead of Amazon as its free to view. Don't know how many subscribers Prime has but there's surely a massive majority who haven’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I think they just did a deal to  broadcast the feed. 

Let's face it, their viewing figures will be miles ahead of Amazon as its free to view. Don't know how many subscribers Prime has but there's surely a massive majority who haven’t. 

I guessed that would be it, really looking forward to this. Hope the kid is at it 100%

• Like 1

Â