Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

1 hour ago, Xela said:

56 minutes for the final. Sooner they make it best of 5 sets the better 

It would just be an hour an a half of the same then. Wouldn't make much difference to most matches other than just making them take a bit longer

Give more time for someone to comeback. In the men’s you get far more upsets in the atp events because it’s only 3 sets so I think women should play 5 sets in slams. 

The game has changed so much. Women are  much stronger and fitter than they used to be , no reason now why they can’t play 5 sets 

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Federers to loose this.

And he’s doing a pretty good **** job of it. I can’t believe he hasn’t won either the first or third set. He’s been the better player by far but really hasn’t turned up in the tie breaks. That’s match over now ☹️

I really don’t like Djokovic. Hasn’t broken Federer once but he just clings on, batters the ball back and forces errors.

Absolutely gutting. I can’t believe Federer hasn’t won that but he made too many mistakes. Two championship points FFS. Contrast in styles was stark. Djokovic was horribly machine-like. 

• Like 1

When it mattered Djokovic showed why he’s the best though. Don’t think he was at his best for much of the match and Federer was brilliant for much of the match but come the tie-breaks and he bossed all three. 

He’s the guy that gate crashed the Federer, Nadal party, that’s prob why.  Think if Federer has won today Djokovic Wouid never caught up with him slam wise, now I think he will 

19 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Horrible style. 

Efficiency and a never say die attitude is not a horrific style.

sure he doesn’t have the guile and flare of Federer but he’s not just a big server like many champions of yesteryear. 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

sure he doesn’t have the guile and flare of Federer but he’s not just a big server like many champions of yesteryear. 

Been a fan since the Aussie open 2012, never beaten, mentally so tough, the best return of serve there’s ever been. Not as pleasing on the eye as Federer but has made Federer and Nadal better players because of his sheer excellence 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

A bit like Ivan Lendl

• Like 1

Â