Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

I mean she's been hit in the throat by a tennis ball from the racket of Djokovic with absolutely no warning. No shit she's gone down like she's been shot! Bet that hurt like hell.

I don't agree that it's a stupid rule. They all know it. 

He deserved to be disqualified. Hes got away with hitting balls away in anger quite often. No intent there but the rule is the rule. I dont believe she could have been hurt that badly though. Its a tennis ball hit will with little force, but maybe the shock of it caused her some distress. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He deserved to be disqualified. Hes got away with hitting balls away in anger quite often. No intent there but the rule is the rule. I dont believe she could have been hurt that badly though. Its a tennis ball hit will with little force, but maybe the shock of it caused her some distress. 

He hit it pretty hard. And it’s hit her in the throat. 

If I flicked you in the throat it would hurt. Let alone smacked a tennis ball at you. 

Are people really suggesting she’s faking it?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He hit it pretty hard. And it’s hit her in the throat. 

If I flicked you in the throat it would hurt. Let alone smacked a tennis ball at you. 

Are people really suggesting she’s faking it?

No I never suggested she faked it but from that video and the one I saw earlier on amazon prime i dont think a tennis ball hit at that speed would cause much damage. Maybe the tennis balls they use are much harder than the ones I am used to playing with though. 

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

No I never suggested she faked it but from that video and the one I saw earlier on amazon prime i dont think a tennis ball hit at that speed would cause much damage. Maybe the tennis balls they use are much harder than the ones I am used to playing with though. 

It's hit her in the throat though.

Like I said a flick to your throat or windpipe would hurt. A tennis ball hit at that speed would wind you at the very least

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes she was in some distress, thankfully she was ok afterwards, no question of faking. It just means he gave up a great opportunity to win his 18th major. 

Looking at the prize money it would have cost him between $425,000 and $3,000,000. I’m sure he can afford it but still, it’s an expensive error.

MEN'S / WOMEN'S SINGLES (PER PLAYER) TOTALS

Winner

$3,000,000

Runner-Up

Semifinalists

Quarterfinalists

Round of 16

Round of 32

Round of 64

Round of 128

• 11 months later...

So it seems we have a potential new female superstar. 

Been a while since we've had a decent female player.  Konta looked like she might be good enough to win a tournament a couple of years ago but she's fallen of a cliff edge.

Anyway to get into the US Open 4th round 6-0, 6-1 is mighty impressive for an 18 year old.  Hope she progresses and wins Grand Slams. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So it seems we have a potential new female superstar. 

Been a while since we've had a decent female player.  Konta looked like she might be good enough to win a tournament a couple of years ago but she's fallen of a cliff edge.

Anyway to get into the US Open 4th round 6-0, 6-1 is mighty impressive for an 18 year old.  Hope she progresses and wins Grand Slams. 

Can I just check how old she is before I get the Daffy Duck gif out...

Be great to have a world class female tennis player in this country. Like you said, Konta has fallen down a well. 

It was a phenomenal level from her this evening. So much power hitting. And.kept it up throughout. Whilst she ought to lose to Barty next, she's got a game.where she won't be a walk over. Suspect it will be a midnight game though.

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

She sure looks like the real deal.  This girl she's playing knocked out the world no 2 in the last round and she's being completely destroyed. 

Its all come very quick for her. Hope she is handled well. She does look like she can go to the very top but theres been a quite a few young female tennis players that has been said about. 

Â