Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

55 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its all come very quick for her. Hope she is handled well. She does look like she can go to the very top but theres been a quite a few young female tennis players that has been said about. 

I can't think of a British female, tennis player who has showed this kind of potential. Even, Andy Murray wasn't as good as that when he was 18.

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't think of a British female, tennis player who has showed this kind of potential. Even, Andy Murray wasn't as good as that when he was 18.

No but theres been plenty of teenage international female players who have shown this type of potential. We have to be careful that we dont build her up her too much. Shes doing great at the moment. She has a good allround game and is a good mover. Defends well. No massive weapons like Osaka but maybe they will come. 

19 hours ago, PaulC said:

Its all come very quick for her. Hope she is handled well. She does look like she can go to the very top but theres been a quite a few young female tennis players that has been said about. 

Her not starting on the tour until finishing A-levels shows level headed family support, so I'm optimistic she will have good people around her.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Her not starting on the tour until finishing A-levels shows level headed family support, so I'm optimistic she will have good people around her.

Straight As, speaks for itself. She will have all the support she needs, especially with the psychological aspect of being in the sporting limelight. She really is a breath of fresh air and a great boost for British, female tennis. 

Some of the stats are amazing. First British woman to reach the US Open final in 53 years.  We have been truly crap at tennis since forever. 

She sure does look awesome. Articulate as well, she's got a guaranteed media career once her tennis is over. 

Â